in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-23-2009 2:05 PM by raphdjp. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-19-2009 9:08 AM

• VANTAGE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-02-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 22
    • Bronze Member

BV7-40 / AppleTV & its 2.3 Software

Hi all,

I have a BV 7-40 Mk III and would like to connect an AppleTV to it through HDMI. I have heard that the latest 2.3 software update from Apple allows you to "teach" your AppleTV the commands from another remote than the one supplied. This is obviously the way to go, as I would hate to have different remote controls floating around in my living room, depending on the device I want to use (one of B&O's key competitive advantages!)

Does anybody have any experience with this? Does it mean that you can hide the AppleTV neatly away, the commands from your Beo4/Beo5 going through the TV down to the AppleTV? Or does the AppleTV need to be visible, so as to receive the remote control commands?

NB: I am assuming that it's straightforward to connect an AppleTV to a BV7, but if it's not the case, your thoughts will be welcome!

Klaus

• 01-19-2009 9:34 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7-40 / AppleTV & its 2.3 Software

Hi Klaus,

A nice feature indeed, but not needed in your case.  Depending on the software in your BV-7, it should already know how to control the AppleTV, so the ATV doesn't need to learn anything. 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-19-2009 9:52 AM In reply to

Hello out there,

If it is possible to connect Apple TV to BV to BV7-40 it must be so for BV8 to. Can You please help me with the Software I need for BV8? 

Edde 

• 01-19-2009 10:34 AM In reply to

I do that with my BV8. There is a pre defined PUC that you can select when you set up the source the the BV menu. Its called Apple Remote or Ipod remote or somethignn like this.

If that is not there, you can try just just some other device available in your list, connect the IR plug to the ATV and have it learn the commands. You just need to find one that supports the "long" button pushes that ATV expects for fast scrolling etc.

The later might be a bit smarter, because the existing Apple TV PUC that B&O provides does not send the "long" push on the go button which you need to activate the genius playlist or standby.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-19-2009 11:59 AM In reply to

• VANTAGE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-02-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 22
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your help! I will check out the software of my TV (from March 2008) and have it updated by my dealer if need be.

Klaus

• 01-23-2009 8:38 AM In reply to

Hello again and thanks for suport

I don´t have any PUC for "apple TV" or "Ipod" in my BV8. What do You recommend for device setup that support ATV?

/Edde

• 01-23-2009 11:29 AM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Edde,

Your dealer can download the "Apple Remote" PUC software to the firmware on your Beovison. They either have to have the Beovision at the store or they can come to your residence with a laptop and do the download. I currently have an issue with the "Apple Remote" commands in the download in my firmware where it sends too long of a signal and the ATV thinks I am scrolling when I am not. I am told that there is a rev of the "Apple Remote" PUC command set and I am waiting for it to become available and to be downloaded to my Beovison.

I suggest that you test the ATV with whatever your dealer downloads to ensure that you have the latest, hopefully fully oprtaional, PUC software. I may have an intermediate version where they inadvertently increased the signal length for ALL of the keys and not just for the 'GO" key as JK mentioned was a problem with prior versions as it relates to the "Genius" operation.

Good Luck.

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 01-23-2009 12:30 PM In reply to

Hello

Thank You. I will contact my dealer next week.

Have a nice weekend.

/E

• 01-23-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

Interested in this ATV remote learning . I have an ATV connected to a Bv6-22 , because it's connected via DVI I can't use the Puc table , could someone explain how to setup the apple to take commands from the Beo4 .

Richard

• 01-23-2009 2:05 PM In reply to

• raphdjp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2008
    • Bordeaux / France
    • Posts 40
    • Gold Member

Apple tv can now be controled by almost all RC exept the BEO4 and it's 455 kHz IR. It's very simple, as usual with Apple. With beo4, you have to use a STB or an ir converter like lintronic/ irtans.

Beosound 9000 & Beolab 8000 & Beogram 4000

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)