in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2009 5:02 AM by TEL. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2009 2:53 PM

• harrykym
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-04-2008
    • Rossendale
    • Posts 86
    • Bronze Member

If you guys can sell it to me I’ll join tonight!

Hello BeoWorld Members

I’m looking at becoming a paying silver or gold member?

I have two questions, what are the benefits of being a paying member and what’s better silver or gold?

If you guys can sell it to me I’ll join tonight!

JamesStroud.co.uk

BS-3, BS-1, BS-OVERTURE, AVANT-28"RF, AVANT-28" DVD, AVANT 32" RF, 3xBEO-4, LC-1, 4xBEOCOM-6000, BEOCOM-2, A9 KEYRING, DVD1, Beosystem 10, BEOCOM 3, BEOLAB 2500, BEOSOUND CENTURY, BEOLIT 707

• 01-16-2009 2:55 PM In reply to

Re: If you guys can sell it to me I’ll join tonight!

Simply this :

http://www.beoworld.org/prize_draw.asp

Every month !

Only for gold.

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-16-2009 3:01 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Yup! Won a pair of BeoLab 4s through the prize draw, it's worth every penny.

Also, everything you see on this website is down to gold/silver members - without them, the site wouldn't exist. For example, there's a B&O Demo CD I've been looking for for quite some time now which features some stunningly good classical recordings. A quick post on BeoWorld and within minutes, a very kind offer to be sent the CD from a well respected member. That's worth paying for IMO!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-16-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

it is not about the prize draw...

You can download User guides and Set up guides for most B&O products, you can also download the very useful PCG, a program that tells you how to connect and configure your set-up in an optimal manner.

You are supporting the web site! 

• 01-16-2009 3:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Beoworld needs to be paid for somehow.
    I know for a fact that you have enjoyed being on here for the last few months. You have asked for and recieved advice a few times concerning your Ouverture, Avant etc
    Yes, there is a prize draw which is free to you as a gold member, and yes, normal folk from Lancashire do win occasionally. I won a remarkable white Beosystem 7000 which would sell for anything up to £2,000, and I live just down the road from you.
    Even if there was no prize draw, I would still happily pay £30 per year for this fantastic site, let alone the community that you and I are part of.
    I think you should get t' wollitt out forthwith!

Former fellow Haslingdonian, Andy T.Smile

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-16-2009 3:49 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

For me the prize draw is just an added bonus, I would still pay £30 per year just to be a member of this fantastic site and community. Over the years I have been a member of Beoworld the advice and help I have received from other members has been amazing. Worth far more than the annual fee, that's for sure.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-16-2009 5:44 PM In reply to

It's worth it. I'm happy to support the site. The information found here is well worth the smallish price of the gold membership.

But hey, no one needed to "convert" me, and nor should we need to convert you.  

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-16-2009 8:02 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Supporting the site is #1 on my list of benefits. I have extended my list if friends immeasurably through this site via a shared passion of all that is B&O.

For me personally the access to the many user & service manuals has been a Godsend and paid membership is also a way of saying thankyou for the many pieces of free advice I have recieved here. This isn't to say that being a bronze member makes any difference at all to the level of support offered - we are all equal here - but I just think it is ethically the right thing to do to give back in some way. As has already been pointed out, the site does need cash to exist and it has run at a loss for some time and has been propped up by generous donations from several individuals.

The prize draw is just a bonus and if I never win a prize it really doesn't matter a jot to me.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-17-2009 5:02 AM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

Sorry I'm a day late - did you join last night Indifferent 

Excellant value for money at less than 9p per day per year, a wealth of information on the forum and the chance of winning in the prize draws Big Smile

TEL
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)