in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-19-2009 6:57 AM by fish. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2009 6:21 AM

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

itunes library, n.music 2300 etc - can it be made to work ?

after having read soundproof's guide to using an ipod touch as a remote,i'd like to try and get something similar to this/peter's setup in place, the problem however is that i have a 2300 which doesn't support n.music or have a spare aux port as it's being used for a master link converter. i do though have a mac (not yet connected with beoport due to n.music issue), a masterlink system and an ipod touch!. i was considering using apple tv but have been told there are issues when connectining it to an avant (my current master in the house) and i'll also need some kind of converter?. so, other than changing the 2300, which is something i don't really want to do is there any way i can get a setup that will allow me to keep my current masterlink setup for audio and video, but also allow me to use an ipod touch as a remote for my itunes library and play it through the masterlink system ?

thanks in advance

steve

• 01-16-2009 1:55 PM In reply to

Re: itunes library, n.music 2300 etc - can it be made to work ?

I wonder if an Airport Express attached to the Avant (either via a Scart or the close up panel) would be an answer. The iPod Touch would be the remote and you would need to select something like V.Aux to turn it on.
  • 01-16-2009 3:04 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The Apple TV conversion really isn't much of a pain - it's actually very good and IMO worth doing considering the cost vs. functionality side of things.

Peter's option would be good though. An AirPort express would allow you to stream from iTunes etc... and control with your iPod Touch. The one downfall is that I'm (relatively) sure you can't choose which speaker to play through from the iPod Touch; either the computer's built in speakers or the AirPort Express (which acts like a second pair of speakers for iTunes to play from).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-19-2009 6:57 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

Thanks peter/alex for the replies, If I was to use either the airport or apple tv option, assuming I could get it working ok with the avant, would it allow me to call it up over the beolink without the tv being on, e.g. In the same way that you can with sky tv in other link rooms, also would I be able to play the music through the speakers on the 2300 ? Cheers Steve
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)