in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-20-2009 5:59 PM by robc4674. 39 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2009 6:12 PM

Beovision 7 picture lag

I have a beovision 7 which suffers terrible picture lag.  Peoples hair moves behind the face by several seconds when the camera pans, and when they stop moving, the hair catches up again.  It is very apparent between light and dark pixels such as shrubbery, night shots, etc.  It looks like a permenant shimmer. I have actually got to the point where I can not watch the tv now.

This happens on both DTV and DVD's.  I do not have a Blue Ray tho.  B&O technical have advised this is due to compression of the picture on terrestrial signals and DVD's but it does not happen on other manufacturers sets.

B&O just did a full upgrade of software but to no avail.  Am I the only one who suffers this?  Has anyone solved this? Has anyone complained about this before?

Thanks

• 01-15-2009 6:23 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 7 picture lag

No, I've not experienced that and I used to own the first MKI BV7-32 (now the BV7-40). Yes, camera panning can be a little frustrating, but it's certainly acceptable.

I have a poor basic old analogue signal as a 'backup' and camera panning is ok. The only problem I have/had with poor SD signals is grain around moving objects - sport is a good example.

I'm amazed that B&O simply fobbed this off as a poor signal. They ought to know that their recent BV7s are fairly capable, even with a poor SD signal. BTW standard definition DVDs offer a decent picture, particularly on the BV7-32, so you won't get better than this, apart from HD. If you're experiencing problems from a DVD, then B&O should take your problem seriously.

• 01-15-2009 6:38 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply.

We have had their Denmark technical bods write to me and blame it on the compression of signals when they convert original film to DVD or send out tv signals.  At least they acknowledge they could see the problem on the sets (we sent them lots of DVD's off the high street with specific scenes where it was awful), but they could suggest no rectification to the problem.

When I showed the letter to the UK marketing team, I suggested that as a layman buying a tv, I think the TV should give a good quality picture similar to lesser brands who do not suffer the same problem (we have tried and they are fine!).  Their final sentence was 'we are the best in the world, bring it on' (paraphrased!).

We have spoken to a local magistrate who thinks we are mad not pursuing this for full recovery of monies but we are still debating whether to sue to dealer but to be honest it is not his fault - he has been stitched as much as we have. We were just the first to notice the faults.

I have just read about turning film mode off.  Never even knew this existed.   Do you know about this?

Also have major problems with DTV on Beovision 7 & 6-26 (have issued another thread) - would be grateful if you know anything about this problem aswell.

Thanks, Rob

• 01-15-2009 6:56 PM In reply to

Hi Rob,

I have the BV7-40 Mark III and don't have any of the problems you seem to be experiencing. Prior to buying that I had a BV7-40 Mark II on loan from the dealer until the Mark III arrived to replace it. That never had any issues either. In fact, I was very impressed with the Mark II and sometimes think it looked better than my exisitng Mark III. I have no experience of the Mark I so cannot comment. Which version do you have?

There is no way that any B&O TV should show problems of lag so I strongly suggest you pursue this. Although you speak kindly about your dealer, and I am sure with good reason, I still think this is the sensible and only route since it is your initial place of purchase. I am guessing it may be out of warranty now. However, I have always admired B&O for priding themselves on providing excellent customer service, especially their aftersales support. If you are not receiving this then I am very disappointed with the brand and they will undoubtedly go down by a long way in my esitmations. If you were given the statement by B&O that you posted, then I find that to be completly arrogant and again, B&O lose credibility with me by making such a profound statement. In many ways their products are among the best, but they are certainly not infallible.

Good luck and do please keep us posted of your progress. If you receive no helpful support from your dealer or B&O themselves then I definitley think you should go ahead with a court case. Do not accept anything less than a 100% working and fully functional TV. You are absolutly correct to assume that ANY product from this company should be way above the competition. That is what we pay for so to accept anything less is simply not an option.

Simon.

• 01-15-2009 7:10 PM In reply to

Thanks for your comment Simon.

I must say I am totally gutted with the product - especially as this was the gift to myself for finishing my self build house over a 10 year period - now I am so disappointed it is unreal.

Can I ask a favour - We sent GI Jane, Predator, Lake House and Stigmata DVD to B&O to check as these show the faults very evidently.  Do you have any of these?  If so I could give you the frame reference that we notice the problems on so badly - I am still not sure whether I am just going mad!! I had another dealers chief technician  came out last month who agreed he saw the problem.  He said he had the same set and had never noticed it before - then went home and saw it on his set and was gutted!  I would even be prepared to send you a new DVD and see if you see the problem we see?

We are still in warranty as this was highlighted just after point of purchase and therefore would be claimed as a latent defect which is unresolved (agreed with magistrate) and there is hell of a lot of correspondance stating the problems over the last 2 years. They have already replaced the Beovsion 7 with a new one a year ago but it made no difference (not sure what model this was)! I do not beleive it is the tv signal as the DVD's are as bad.  They suggested we use blue ray - not much use when I have 400 DVD's tho.

Your thoughts? Rob.

• 01-15-2009 7:39 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

What model do you have?! 32" 40"? mkI, mkII, mkIII...?

You sent dvd's to B&O headquarters? I can imagine not alot will happen with that one... so so sorry to read this disappointment :( For the amount of money you paid you should be happy with the product that's for sure. 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-15-2009 8:12 PM In reply to

robc4674:

Thanks for your comment Simon.

I must say I am totally gutted with the product - especially as this was the gift to myself for finishing my self build house over a 10 year period - now I am so disappointed it is unreal.

Can I ask a favour - We sent GI Jane, Predator, Lake House and Stigmata DVD to B&O to check as these show the faults very evidently.  Do you have any of these?  If so I could give you the frame reference that we notice the problems on so badly - I am still not sure whether I am just going mad!! I had another dealers chief technician  came out last month who agreed he saw the problem.  He said he had the same set and had never noticed it before - then went home and saw it on his set and was gutted!  I would even be prepared to send you a new DVD and see if you see the problem we see?

We are still in warranty as this was highlighted just after point of purchase and therefore would be claimed as a latent defect which is unresolved (agreed with magistrate) and there is hell of a lot of correspondance stating the problems over the last 2 years. They have already replaced the Beovsion 7 with a new one a year ago but it made no difference (not sure what model this was)! I do not beleive it is the tv signal as the DVD's are as bad.  They suggested we use blue ray - not much use when I have 400 DVD's tho.

Your thoughts? Rob.

Hi Rob,

I would be happy to watch the DVDs you suggest. I'll send you a PM with my home address and you can post them to me. Include your own address so I can post them back when finished. I have to say that I am 100% sure that they will work fine on my TV regardless but if it gives you peace of mind or reassurance in some way then that's fine.

Can you please tell me what year you purchased the TV and whether or not it is the 32 inch or 40 inch display? Is it HD ready? What connections do you have at the back? We should be able to guess the type of TV you have with this information.

In an earlier post you mentioned something about Movie Mode and I do remember reading somewhere on this forum that this made a big improvement when switched off. Its not something I have ever tried as my TV has been perfect from inception so there has never been a need to change any settings. The information related to older versions which you may have, so this could be an important point.

Fantastic news that your TV is still under warranty. You must use this to your advantage so try to ensure you get this sorted out well before the warranty expires, however long left that is.

I do feel that Chris (Moxxey) can offer a lot of help here and I am sure he will comment again tomorrow for you. Chris has had all the BeoVision 7 TVs from Mark I to the present Mark III; he has also had the 32 inch and the 40 inch versions so he would know them technically very well whereas I really feel I can only comment on the Mark II and Mark III of the BeoVision 7-40 models.

I have been thinking about B&Os response to you regarding signal strength/quality and at some level they may have a valid point. However, what concerns me is that the UK (generally) is pretty much well catered for by most TV providers; terrestrial, Sky and Virgin for example. I would find it very hard to believe that there are areas that receive such a low quality broadcast although if you are in such an area, then this could clearly present a problem and would account for the degredation in picture quality. So, this brings us to the next question for you, what area are you in, and do you consider it to have a reasonable if not very good reception compared to neighbours and other residents in the same locality?

Try playing some very will filmed footage using the DVD player. For example, some of the nature progammes by the BBC such as The Blue Planet and Planet Earth are filmed using top equipment and the very latest and best technologies. If you are still getting a bad picture when watching these then there is almost certainly a problem. In addition, if you have the 32 inch screen then this is even more of a problem as that screen size should display 'arguably' a much better picture than any size upwards.

I'll leave it there for the moment and we'll catch up again tomorrow. Let the forum members know the answers to the questions so we can determine what model you have and we'll be sure to get you up and running with the perfect picture in no time. This is what you have paid a premium for.

One important point to consider is that you may have the option to take the TV back and trade it in against the newer model TV. I can certainly couch for the exisiting Mark III 7-40 and say that it would be money well spent assuming you get offered a sensible trade in price. If you do find yourself considering this option, then also note that there is a Mark IV coming out this year. I don't know the exact date or even the quarter but I am sure other members do. So think about your options carefully and at some point, you will have what you wanted, and I am quite sure you'll be very happy with it. I am only sorry you have experienced these problems so far.

Until tomorrow then.

Simon.

• 01-16-2009 3:02 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

robc4674:

When I showed the letter to the UK marketing team, I suggested that as a layman buying a tv, I think the TV should give a good quality picture similar to lesser brands who do not suffer the same problem (we have tried and they are fine!).  Their final sentence was 'we are the best in the world, bring it on' (paraphrased!).

Rob, can I ask a couple of questions?

1) Have you been working with your dealer on this? The reason I ask is that a dealer generally will do everything they can to keep your custom and will often swap out a TV to try an alternative. This happened with me when I had problems with my BV8-26. If you push your dealer hard, then they will normally help. If they don't help, and the TV is under warranty, return the TV as 'unfit for purpose'.

If you did work with your dealer, what was the response?

2) Which TV do you own? BV7-32 or BV7-40? Recent purchase?

I'm confused how you're dealing directly with B&O. I've experienced a few problems with my BV7-40 and BV8-26, contacted both B&O UK and B&O HQ and B&O UK do not reply at all and B&O HQ simply pointed me to BeoCare and my dealer. It's very rare for B&O to deal directly with a customer when a TV is still under warranty. They normally just point you to the dealer where you purchased your TV.

• 01-16-2009 5:34 PM In reply to

Hi Simon

Many thanks for reply again - I feel at least someone is listening.

I will send you the DVD's early next week with a list of the specific scenes where the lag is worst.  I will obvisouly send a self addressed envelope with stamps.  Thsi is very kind of you.

I would note that I went into the delaer last year with the DVD's.  The problem was visable on their beovision 7-40 sets, but only half of us (6 people were watching) could see the lag!  Maybe its my glasses!!!!

With regard to signal strength, since it happens on DVD's this is irrelevant - it is happening in the TV not the singal as far as I understand.  I have had noise filters fitted to all electrical circuits, even had the aerial replaced on the roof by B&O but still no joy.

I do not know what model I have.  I will find out and come back to you. The TV is a 40" set.

Our dealer has already changed the set last year for a new one but we still have the same issue.   I refuse to pay anymore to have the set changed as previously proposed by our dealer - this is when I threatened court action and I got responses direct from B&O saying not their problem! I am happy to scan and send you their letters if you wish?

I will reply to Moxxey's reply shortly so please keep in touch. 

• 01-16-2009 5:44 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

robc4674:

I would note that I went into the delaer last year with the DVD's.  The problem was visable on their beovision 7-40 sets, but only half of us (6 people were watching) could see the lag!  Maybe its my glasses!!!!

If that's the case, then there might not be a problem with your TV but across the range. Perhaps it's objective problem? LCD technology can create a blurring effect when panning quickly across, say, a landscape. This applies to live sport - football can suffer badly. Plasma handles this better.

Try viewing the same DVDs on your dealers plasma (BV9 or BV4) and compare the difference. You'll never get LCD technology to compete with an old CRT, so if you're used to the picture on, say, an Avant, you might be disappointed with LCD technology - the bigger the screen, the worse that blurring can appear, when panning across landscapes.

Sadly you've answered your problem yourself with "dealer has already changed the set last year for a new one but we still have the same issue". With that, and that other TVs within your dealership show the same problem, implies to me that it's more likely an objective issue. This means that some people may notice this blurring more clearly than others. That would explain why half the people could see the "lag" and half could not.

I doubt there's anything B&O can do. If they've replaced the TV and you can see the effect on others in their showroom, I don't think a BV7 is the option for you. The BV7-40 MKIII may improve the "lag" effect as it has a better picture processor, but you may want to encourage your dealer to sell you a BV9 or do a deal which works in your favour.

• 01-16-2009 5:48 PM In reply to

Hi

1.  I have reported the problems to the dealer since the 1st day it was installed, written to them on numerous occasions since, threatened court action, emailed god knows how any times.  They say they have to wait for B&O to reply.  The most recent issue with the DTV they have now said it is with B&O technical and can not give me a time scale for rectification.  I am therefore of half a mind to give them a two week notice of small claims court action! Woudl you believe it took them 1 year to get the surround sound in the lounge working correctly after about 5 visits!!!

2. BV7-40 bought two years ago, replaced with a new set 1 year ago FOC with no improvement in quality.

3. Because I have already threatened court action for goods unfit for purpose (with a total cvlaim value in excess of £85k), B&O tehcnical replied direct to me, plus their UK sales team wrote me direct, it was the snottiest letter I have ever received as previously described. I am amazed that they let someone get this frustrated with their equipment - I have already told them that if we go to court, this will be in most papers as I think it is disgusting that someone buys what is meant to be the best system in the world, then gets this attitude and service.  I am not rich and this was a treat to myself - I wish I had gone to the book of laminated dreams - namely argos!!!

The problem is that I am made to feel as tho I am the only one complaining in the UK.  However, I issued another thread about the DTV modules not working correctly - that cost me £1k last year.  I now understand that there is a common problem with these but the response I got from the dealer is 'no one else has complained so it doesn't exist''.  Well my neighbour bought a £50 set top box and theirs is fine on the same signal.  Therefore again I have had to resort to threatening court action to resolve it but still no response.

What is their problem? If you buy a product then it should be of usable quality? Simon is going to review the DVD;s on which the picture quality is poor and give his opinion.  This is most useful. Is there anything else you think I should do short of just going legal with them?

Many thanks, Rob

• 01-16-2009 5:54 PM In reply to

Hi Moxxey

Sorry but I think my answers crossed in the wilderness.

My argument is thus - if I go up the road and buy a sony 40" - you can not see the same problem.  Therefore the B&O set, whilst may be of better qulaity, is not fit for purpose?

My friend who is a local magistrate has agreed that I only need to demonstrate what a layman would expect from a TV. Namely a good picture with no lag. If a cheaper set does this then basically they have had it - they can not blame this on the fact that it is an inferior product - you buy it to show films therefore need to be fit for purpose.

I will look up a BV9 and see what they are - I refuse to pay another penny tho so if they do not propose this FOC as a resolution, then it will be court I'm afraid.

We tried several toehr sets at the dealership and some showed the problems and some did not but I am not familiar with which sets were which.  I will try and find out and let you know.

Many thanks, Rob

• 01-16-2009 6:10 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

robc4674:

My argument is thus - if I go up the road and buy a sony 40" - you can not see the same problem.  Therefore the B&O set, whilst may be of better qulaity, is not fit for purpose?

My friend who is a local magistrate has agreed that I only need to demonstrate what a layman would expect from a TV. Namely a good picture with no lag.

The worry here is that if a problem is classed as 'objective', I'm not sure you could successfully argue it's not fit for purpose. For example, if 5 out of 10 people can't see this "lag" at all, then you might have a problem. As your TV is now two years old, I don't know how this would even reach a court of law. Mind you, that would depend on the communication you've had with your dealer and B&O.

Are you sure you're not almost willing yourself to see a lag/delay in the picture because you've spent so money and are somewhat disillusioned with the brand? If you approach it negatively, you're bound to see any problem with the picture. As I said above, LCD technology definitely has a problem with panning across landscapes and even more so if its a live broadcast.

Send a couple of DVDs to Simon as he has the more recent BV7-40 MKIII. It sounds like you have the older MKII. I'd push your dealer to see if you can show your DVDs on a BV7-40 MKIII. I guarantee that the picture on this is close to the best you're going to get, B&O or otherwise, thanks to the in-built Beosystem 3. The older MKII doesn't have this advanced picture processing.

• 01-16-2009 6:14 PM In reply to

My impression is that the small claims procedure is for sums less than £5000, AFAIK £85000 is outside this type of action.  BTW I am no lawyer, but I did take my ex-neighbour to Small Claims Court  so I do have some experience of this. It is not for the faint hearted and would advise you that it is a very stressful thing to get involved in, and you would need very good evidence to prove this type of claim, an "impression" would certainly not be enough.  I am not trying to put you off as you clearly think you have a valid claim, but you will need to be prepared to prove you are right. The Judges involved do not waste time on trivia - think of the meanest teacher/headmaster at school and then triple the nastiness and think how small you felt in front of them, they are very intimidating and even the lawyers can be terrified of them - it is not a friendly procedure. It is designed to give legal redress to the general public who have good claims regarding small amounts of money but lack the wherewithall to get lawyers involved. My advice is to avoid lawyers or anything to do with them at all costs because it will undoubtedly be a very expensive endeavour regardless of the outcome. Try and work this out without going to court.

Apologies to any Lawyers reading this ;)

• 01-16-2009 6:14 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

robc4674:

The problem is that I am made to feel as tho I am the only one complaining in the UK.  However, I issued another thread about the DTV modules not working correctly

But that's not an objective issue - that's a fault with the module (hardware or software). ie. if you lined up 10 people, all 10 would experience the problem.

Yes, send the DVDs to Simon. He can give you a definitive answer on how they perform on his BV7-40.

• 01-16-2009 7:00 PM In reply to

Hi All

I am thankful you are considering our position.

I see what you are saying moxxey.  Also - Propaganda - you need to start in small claims which then issue your case up to county court which has no upper rlimit.  As I mentioned we have not taken this lightly - I have had magistrate advice and also our solicitor has reviewed all info and thinks, whilst we are mad, can see why we are so pi**ed off.  I purley go on their advice - if no one else can see the problem then I woudl happily say I am going mad and it is me - this is not the case.  My wife told me today whe watched a film whilst I was out last night in the bedroom and turned it off half way through becuase of the lag!  I certainly feel bullied to just shut up up basically waste £30k of equipment.

Moxxey - going back to you objective point - Under law you only need to prove something is or is not fit for purpose.  This is a very loose term - 3 out of 6 people (50%) saw the problem and acknowledge it.  Therefore if you spent £7k on a tv, how do you think a magistraate woudl view it?  The local magistrate suggested buying an alternative make tv, put it next to the BV7, then play the same DVD on each.  If you see the error on the BV7 but not on the other set then case one.  We have tried this with our friends and all seem to see the problem.

Believe me when I say I do not want to rip this system out - they wired the house before we plastered the walls, there is a full garden system and all.  Our brief was a single controller system.  That is why I refuse to have a different DTV box.  Again our magistrate friend has confirmed that this is a reasonable approach for a layman.

I think I will see what Simon says (no pun intended).

Once again thank you for your considered views.  I very much appreciate them.

Have a good weekend. Rob 

• 01-16-2009 7:55 PM In reply to

Rob,

Feel for you and to state that you are in my opinion sound doing all the right things. This whole "fit-for-purpose" thing is something we should all look at when we have unsatisfactory goods and demand changes.

One simple question:- You are viewing a BV7-40 correct? From what approximate distance from your eye to the plane of the screen is it?

Thanks

10%

• 01-17-2009 3:31 AM In reply to

Hi 10%

Never been asked that before! I will measure how far the bed is from the screen and get back to you.  Nice to see people thinking laterally tho! Rob

• 01-17-2009 6:17 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

robc4674:

Nice to see people thinking laterally tho! Rob

Rob, after owning the TV for two years and discussing with your dealer, the very first thing you would think of was the distance between yourself and the TV!

LCD technology shows everything 'as is'. If you sit, say, 1.5 metres away from a 40" LCD TV, the quality will be poor. Move to 4 metres away and it will look like a different picture. However, you should be able to figure that out from just walking around a room.

• 01-17-2009 11:11 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

robc4674!  One question!

Have you a red or white info display on your TV when you turn up the volume? If you have a red display you got the MKII and that model got lag, tearing artefact's, so it´s no problem with the set. They all have the same problem. It´s the scaler module ho cant handle that much information to expand/Scale to 40" in fast pans.

Change to BV7-40 MKIII and you will be a happy chap..! 

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-17-2009 1:13 PM In reply to

Beolab - the volume is red. When you say they all suffer lag, have B&O acknowledge this in any way?  This goes back to my argument of 'fit for purpose'.

10% - our headboard is about 4-5 mertes away from the tv.

THanks, Rob

• 01-17-2009 1:38 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

robc4674:

Beolab - the volume is red. When you say they all suffer lag, have B&O acknowledge this in any way?  This goes back to my argument of 'fit for purpose'.

10% - our headboard is about 4-5 mertes away from the tv.

THanks, Rob

I don´t think anyone can answer why B&o haven´t put in a descent video engine /Scaler, besides the production section at B&o in Struer.

It´s like build a Bentley with a Fiat 1.4L engine.

In the MKIII B&o use the BS3(from Pixel Works) video engine and is much more powerful.

Try to set the Movie Mode to OFF and the artifact´s will be reduced. 

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-17-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

I hope B&O are reading this thread.I had a BV740 for a few days  and the picture [albeit SD] was unwatchable.The lag/judder when panning was a major issue.The tv went back.

It took quite a while for the refund on Virtuoso to go through.My dealer had to be chased on this!

Then I had problems with a warranty repair on a BS4 [a long story] when I eventually spoke to B&O UK to resolve the issue,I was given conflicting information.The engineers couldn't find the fault [err...  wouldn't switch on from standby,amongst other issues] and was arrogantly told that their engineers know best.By the way,they also damaged the BS4 when it was in for 'repair'.

After several months I got a replacement but was so pi55ed off that I sold my BnO system and wouldn't recommend them to anyone anymore.

Good luck resolving this issue.

• 01-17-2009 2:18 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

I don´t think anyone can answer why B&o haven´t put in a descent video engine /Scaler, besides the production section at B&o in Struer.

I'm sorry Beolab, but you're misleading people here. Yes, the MKII lacks the BS3. However, for some SD broadcasts, the MKII displays this content better than, say, the MKIII, which has to up-scale for the 1080p screen.

By telling users that the MKIII is the definitive answer, is absolutely incorrect. Watch ITV on any terrestrial channel, here in the UK, and you'll soon find that you'll see a number of issues - artifacts around football players, poor panning and so on. Indeed, watching some SD DVDs on the MKIII results in other issues. The picture looks more 'washed out' than it does on the MKII, due to upscaling.

Watching some SD channels (like ITV) on my 2006 BV8-26 is better and more enjoyable than the BV7-40 MKIII.

• 01-17-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

I have just been reminded of another B&Hell fiasco we had to endure...

This was with another BS4 - the polished base had degraded,almost like galvanic corosion.

We were originally sent a tube of Autosol by the dealer to repolish it !!! Beggars belief.

After kicking up a fuss [should we even have to do that?]  the unit went back to the dealer who said that the base had been replaced by B&O....soon after the corosion came back in exactly the same place!! It had obviously only been buffed up!!! 

Eventually the base WAS replaced  and is fine now.But to be lied to is totally unacceptable.

SHAME ON YOU BANG & OLUFSEN. 

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >