in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2007 12:37 AM by jk1002. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2007 4:14 PM

Surround!

Is it posible in anyway to get surround sound without a B&O television?

I have a television from Sony and a BS3000 with loudspeakers. I can control the television wiht a signal converter I just need surround.

Filed under: ,
  • 05-22-2007 5:33 PM In reply to

Re: Surround!

Anything is possible - whether it is sensible is the question! There are AV processors that will offewr surround sound, and it is also possible to get a Lintronic device so that you can control it all via the Beo4. It will be unlikely to be as easy to use as a Beovision but I am sure you could get it working.

Have a chat to Lintronic - I am sure Michael can advise about makes etc.  

• 05-24-2007 10:54 PM In reply to

This was discussed so often in the old forum, however let m give it another shot.

You can try to find a Detoma X501, a 3rd part surround amp that support powelring and B&O speaker.

There is also the option of getting an old, used beosystem 1 or 2, however that may not work together with the TV.

Lastly, if you shop around for surround amps, some support an adjustabkle line out which you can conect to the beolab speakers. However depending on speaker you may need to supply a 5 volt power to switch the speaker on (and have them stay on). For those with line in, you should be fine.

Personally I would recommend saving up for a B&O TV. To buy actually a full surround setup of beolab speaker is quite an investment, so why fiddle around and skimp on the surround amp?

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-31-2007 6:24 PM In reply to

• rotspot
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Manila
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

It's also possible to acquire an AV7000 and use this as the surround processor. It's B&O's first foray into 'cinema sound', technically not brilliant but it looks so cool with my BS7000 system.

Happy to help more if that's the approach you want to take.

cheers

Pete

• 06-01-2007 12:37 AM In reply to

I am thinking a lot about the surround situation, especially since in the US we do not have a TV that I really want. It comes all down to that I would have to spend 10,000$ on the speakers and I would have nothing matching that drives them. A 1992 AV7000 is not suited in my opinion. I really wish that B&O would produce some sort of independent surround module so that one is not forced to use a BV or buy a 15 year old amp of ebay.

Anyway, I have made pretty much my mind up and leaning towards the BS3 with a Projector ,BC2 and BL7.1 on top of my BL3/BL2, just waiting to see if they will announce a BV7 32 for the US for nexr year.

P.s. If on a budget i would always try to source an old beosystem rather then an AV7000. These float at leat on ebay in the US at reasonable prices and I would thinkg in Europe as well.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)