in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-13-2009 3:18 AM by Burnix. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2009 5:10 AM

Strange behaviour Apple TV icon from download page

I downloaded the Apple icons from the download page and want to use the icon Apple TV. No problem so far. Only when downloaded to the BEO5 and opening the page where the icons is on, strange things are happening. The icon is not shown, instead I have vertical lines and the BEO5 seems to reboot after a few seconds. I use firmware 1.34a at the moment. I don't know why this is happening. Any idea?

• 01-07-2009 6:31 AM In reply to

Re: Strange behaviour Apple TV icon from download page

I have modified the Apple Icons which now work on ALL versions of firmware, please download the apple logos again from HERE and overwrite the previous versions.

Regards Keith....

• 01-07-2009 8:29 AM In reply to

Thank you, Keith.
  • 01-08-2009 9:57 AM In reply to

• niko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-02-2009
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Exactly same problem for me, but now my pc don't recognize my beo5 and i can't turn off it or reset it ... Very disapointed ... 
  • 01-08-2009 12:13 PM In reply to

With the new or old icons?
  • 01-08-2009 5:43 PM In reply to

• niko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-02-2009
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

No, no I didn't use the keith icons, but i have a behaviour like you vertical lines and the beo5 seems to reboot after 6 or 7 seconds, and the biggest problem is than all my pc don't recognize my beo5 now I don't know what i can do  ... 
  • 01-09-2009 1:06 AM In reply to

Can't help you with that. I'am not creating my own icons. Because Keith repaired the icons on Beoworld, it must be something with the icons.
  • 01-09-2009 3:51 AM In reply to

If the icons are incorrectly formatted it can cause the processor in the Beo5 to crash, if the Beo5 processor is not running, then it cannot respond to USB protocol transmissions from your PC, so there is nothing wrong with your PC.

I suggest you take the following actions:

1. Put the icons you have created which have caused the problem into a ZIP file and upload them HERE
    2. I will modify them when I received them.
    3. Disconnect the Beo5 from its base and hold the Centre button down for 10 seconds
    4. Put the Beo5 on Charge but NOT using the USB port on your PC, use the Beo5 charger
    5. After an hour or so remove from charger and press centre button until it powers up, BUT press no other buttons subsequent to it powering up.
    6. Download a simple one product configuration without any logos

Regards Keith....

• 01-09-2009 7:24 PM In reply to

• niko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-02-2009
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hello Keith and thank for your help

I did it 

1. I disconnected my beo5 from its base and hold the center button down 10 seconds the beo5 turn off

2. I put beo5 on its base whith the charger (the beo5 start on the charger with the vetical lines and reboot after 6 or 7 seconds ... again and again ...)

3. After 1 hour i remove it from the charger and no way same behaviour, vertical lines and reboot after 6, 7 seconds

Maybe have you an other solution ...

Thanks for all

Niko 

• 01-10-2009 2:59 AM In reply to

Based on your feedback, I would say that your Beo5 either has had a failure at the time you added these logos and so you assumed it was the logos which caused the problem or you have used an image format not supported by the Beo5.

Are you able to get into the Beo5 Service Menu by pressing the RED DOT and centre button at the same time. If you are able and it shows SETUP then click EDIT and move the cursor over each item in turn and press the CENTRE button and then click HIDE

If you are not able to get into the Service Menu, I suggest you send me in a zip file your logos and if I do NOT find anything wrong with the logos, then we must assume that the Beo5 has had a hardware failure and you will need to get if repaired by B&O

You can upload your logos in a ZIP file for me to look at the BEO5 page normally used for uploading XML files HERE

Regards Keith....

• 01-10-2009 7:04 AM In reply to

• niko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-02-2009
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hello Keith,

I uploaded my logos on your server named "Niko.zip"

and I cannot enter in the system menu , I have the vertical lines too

Thanks Keith

Niko 

• 01-10-2009 11:11 AM In reply to

Niko,

I have had a look at your two BMP files and there is a problem with the data in the file headers in the second byte which describes the type of BMP file it is. What program did you use to produce them ?

I have modified both files, so they are now correct and you can download them from HERE

So, the image files have caused the program in the Beo5 to trap with an exception error because almost certainly all the local random access memory has been used up, hence that is why the Beo5 keeps rebooting. The only way to resolve this problem is to have the configuration cleared out of memory.

So, I suggest you disconnect the Battery for a while and then reconnect the battery and then test again.

Regards Keith....

• 01-10-2009 5:45 PM In reply to

• niko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-02-2009
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Keith,

Thank you to use your time for my problem, the software I used is "Apercu" on my imac I just converted jpg file to bmp file like the first icon 

I go in indonesia for 2 months next week I think than my beo5 battery will be empty when I will be back

Thanks a lot 

• 01-11-2009 3:30 AM In reply to

I have never heard of "Apercu" except in the French, of aperçu which means "a perception or insight or a synopsis"

Whilst many people think that the old Windows BMP format is quite simple, in my view it is not. It can be created in many forms including compressed and uncompressed and generally the files produced are large, hence why JPG or GIF format are used more on the web.

After two months your battery will be flat in terms of using the Beo5, but may still have enough power for the memory refresh, so when you return, if you find you still have the problem, then you will need to remove the battery as previously discussed.

Regards Keith....

• 01-11-2009 6:55 AM In reply to

• niko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-02-2009
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Keith, 

I'm stupid "Aperçu" is the french name in english it's "Preview"

and for remove the battery I must go to see my dealer or I can do it himself ? 

Thanks

• 01-11-2009 12:37 PM In reply to

The battery would normally be replaced by your dealer or service centre, but if you decide to disconnect it yourself, then you can find instructions for doing it HERE

Regards Keith....

• 01-12-2009 5:29 PM In reply to

• niko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-02-2009
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Thanks a lot for all your informations Keith i will give you a feedback when I will be came back in my home in 2 months

• 01-13-2009 1:59 AM In reply to

I will keep your details in my "Pending" tray !!

Regards Keith....

• 01-13-2009 2:57 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:
    The battery would normally be replaced by your dealer or service centre, but if you decide to disconnect it yourself, then you can find instructions for doing it HERE

You should also known, that if you keep the center button pressed for a looooong time (30-60 sec. depending on battery level) you will activate the hardware reset circuitry which should work like disconnecting the battery. Again depending on the battery level, you can see a weak illumination of the red LED on the back showing that it is in reset.

• 01-13-2009 3:18 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

niko:

Hello Keith and thank for your help

I did it 

1. I disconnected my beo5 from its base and hold the center button down 10 seconds the beo5 turn off

2. I put beo5 on its base whith the charger (the beo5 start on the charger with the vetical lines and reboot after 6 or 7 seconds ... again and again ...)

3. After 1 hour i remove it from the charger and no way same behaviour, vertical lines and reboot after 6, 7 seconds

Maybe have you an other solution ...

Thanks for all

Niko 

Hello Niko,

I first expected your charger to be defective, but since the Beo5 starts up, it receives charging. What you experience is a low battery level and I see two situations and solutions (there may be more though):

1. The connections between the Beo5 and the docking station is bad and the Beo5 does not recognise the docking station causing it to only charge with 100 mA (it believes it is connected to USB). This charge level is too low when the display backlight is on, but fine when the display backlight is off. The Beo5 will always start with backlight on and if the battery level is too low, you will experience this continous restart in the charger. The solution is to try and clean the connectors on both the Beo5 and the docking station to try to get it working. Note that you probably have to turn off the Beo5 each time you try out if the cleaning worked.

2. You have downloaded the software while there was a very low power on the battery. This is a "dangerous" situation, as the programming may have failed (one of the reasons why the tool is only available to dealers..) and the incomplete programming causes the charging algorithm and communication to the PC not to work... if this is the case, then you need to go to the dealer. The odds of this happening is very very low, since the power used by Beo5 during programming is lower than the power supplied by the USB.

I hope that you will get it up and running again.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)