in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-07-2009 10:47 AM by Jandyt. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2009 9:27 PM

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Net Music for Dummies ( me)

Hello

ok, i am going to appear a little slow here..but never mind.

i have a Beocenter 2 which i believe is N.Music capable....now what does this mean..can i listen to N.Radio ??..i have a broadband connection as well....so what do i need...a computer between the two ?....with beoprt?...can some one explain in words of one sylable....what i can do with a Beocenter 2 and a broadband connection....i was also thinking of buying a dedicted PC so i could load all my albums on and then play them through N.Music...is this right ?...

a very slow and confused luddite

andy

• 01-02-2009 10:02 PM In reply to

Re: Net Music for Dummies ( me)

No worries. 

You're correct. Your BeoCenter 2 is N.MUSIC and N.RADIO capable, meaning that when connected to a device that can supply these sources, they will play. Those devices are BeoPort, BeoMedia, and BeoSound 5.

BeoPort is the cheapest and when connect via USB to your computer and MasterLink to your BeoCenter 2, will stream music from iTunes on a Mac or BeoPlayer on a PC. A dedicated computer is not necessary, but the computer does have to be connected and powered up for this to work.

There are many variations on this theme, but this is the easiest pure B&O solution. 

Hope that's a good start.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-02-2009 10:50 PM In reply to

I think a Beoport is the simplest solution if you have link rooms. If not, you should be fine with an Airport express or similar device, one that can receive wireless sound from a PC and Itunes.

You could also consider getting an Apple TV and maybe an Ipod Touch and use that as a 2 way remote, or, lastly go all the way up to Beosound 5 and Beomaster.

Tons of options. Depends a bit on your setup what is best. The dedicated PC is in my opinion a bad idea, no real need for that if you have one already. 

Beoport makes to me only sense f you have linkrooms, and even then, an Ipod Touch as a 2 way remote and few airport express may do the trick better.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-03-2009 1:09 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Hello Andy;

You are in luck, as TripEnglish and IK1002 have just pointed out,

You will need a Beoport to start: I purchased mine years ago from Lee at Lifestyle AV, and it continues to work as it should all these years. You might see if he has any for sale before pressing on the the local B&O store.

If you are going to download quite a bit, additional storage space on your PC needs to be considered. With photos, videos, etc. the N.Music files can add up quickly. Unless you have abundant storage space on your PC, plan ahead now.

I started to run out of space and memory early last year, as things started slowing down on the home PC; I then built another PC that was faster with tonnes of storage space. Sure enough the Gigs of downloaded and burned music have added up rapidly. But no need for a dedicated PC for this purpose alone. ML is a definite plus to consider.

There are software downloads for the latest versions of the Beoport and Beoplayer program; Contact us again when you are ready to set-up your system. I'm sure you will find members here who can walk you through the set-up, and can suggest alternatives to consider and fine tune your system for you the way you want it.

Good Luck !

• 01-03-2009 3:06 AM In reply to

if you have an avant and a n music beosound 3000, how do you select the music etc?  This is the confusing bit!!

Thanks in advance 

• 01-03-2009 4:47 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

It depends on which model Beo4 you have. Later ones you add N.Music or N.Radio to the list. Earlier versions you use Phono and Tape2 iirc. There is no way of selecting either using the keypad of the BS3000.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-03-2009 5:12 AM In reply to

so you use the menu on the avant?  with the beo4? to see which song you want?
  • 01-03-2009 6:15 AM In reply to

With a Beoport, and a BS3000, you do not browse songs on any screen, you press N.MUSIC on your Beo4 and the music starts.

If you press the color buttons on your remote, you can sort songs by playlists, artists, album or genre.

Then pressing UP or DOWN will take you to the next playlist, artist, album or genre depending on the color key you have previously chosen.

If you press a number, 14 for example, it will take you to the 14th playlist, artist, album or genre.

Pressing the LEFT or RIGHT arrow button will take you to the previous or next song within the current playlist, artist, album or genre.

Press TRACK (in the LIST) and you can type a number, it will take to to the Nth track within the current playlist, artist, album or genre.

---

I am not sure, but I think you can browse music library with a BC2, not on the TV screen, but on the BC2 led screen itself. Can somebody confirm?

With a Beomedia 1 or a Bemaster 5 (sold with the Besound 5) you can browse songs on the TV screen by calling the PC source.

p. 

• 01-03-2009 10:01 AM In reply to

The individual track information shows up on the screen, but I wouldn't really call this browsing. It also can't be seen (at least with my eyesight) across most rooms. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-07-2009 10:29 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

hi guys

thanks for that, i will talk tl Lee first as i owe him a favour !...the only reason for going for a dedicted pc was to give me an excuss to buy a new laptop for me..!

andy

sorry for delay in saying thanks..been in OZ..and am now sat in Honkers airport..i believe its quite chilly in the uk...should i wear a top ?

• 01-07-2009 10:47 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

andy:

should i wear a top ?

YES!!!!!!

It's that cold here, that I've got the fridge door open to keep warm!

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)