in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2009 9:09 AM by msinn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2009 5:49 PM

Beo 7 wont sync with Sky HD box

Hi, I recently installed a Sky HD box and I cant get the Beo 7 to sync with the box. the IR transmitter is placed over the circular LED on the front of the box (top left) at 10 oclock position (as per my old Sky +) box.

It is doing some very strange things, the remote is sporadic in its operation and also when powering the Beo 7 on and off the sky box dosnt not respond in a normal manner.

Does anyone have any ideas how to rectify it?

Thanks Dan

• 01-01-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beo 7 wont sync with Sky HD box

To me Dan, it does sound like your IR blaster could be slightly off position.  It is best to do this with two people, one to move the blaster about, whilst the othe repeatedly presses channel numbers until they are accurate.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-02-2009 5:30 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Certainly sounds like positioning of the IR transmitter may be the problem. Based upon experience with my non-HD Sky box the, LED is NOT the correct point. 
  • 01-02-2009 9:09 AM In reply to

• msinn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-11-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

Hi,

how did you connect your Sky HD Box? The BV7 has to know, if the box ist on. Otherwise the BV7 might not send all IR commands to the box.

Did you connect HDMI and SCART? If not, use an additional SCART cable, it may help (the BV7 to see, if the Sky Box is on). If Your BV7 has a new software (5.0 od 5.02) you can teach the BV7 to recognize over HDMI, if the box is switched on.

Greetings

msinn

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)