in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2009 8:48 AM by BeoET. 42 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2009 1:10 PM

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 9 is good value for money!

While searching for reviews on the Beosystem 3 I found this nice review on the Beovision 9 (review is quite recent; Oct 2008).
    For the complete review please check out:
    Below you can find the conclusions, most striking for me was to read that this 20K TV is considered good value for money!
    I was already considering buying a beosystem 3 instead of a non B&O processor/pre-amp, based on this review I I even more in doubt... . If anyone has any recent reviews of the beosystem 3 in comparison to other processors/pre-amp I would appreciate this.
    Regards,, 
    Bieele 

Our Star Ratings
    Performance: 5.0 5.0 Star Rating
    Both the video and audio performance of the BeoVision 9 set very high standards rarely matched by other HDTVs.
    Features: 5.0 5.0 Star Rating
    I would usually take off a half of point for the lack of a USB port, but the over abundance of connections and other features overshadow that omission. If there was any doubt, the Automatic Color Management feature alone is worth five points.

Ease of Use: 4.5 4.5 Star Rating
    Since the installers and the TV itself take care of all of the setup headaches, this BV9 cannot be much easier to use. But Bang & Olufsen has their own way of designing components, therefore the first time B & O owner may face a bit of a learning curve with items like the remote control.
    Value: 4.0 4.0 Star Rating
    I can't stick my head in the sand, especially in this economic turmoil, and blithely give a high rating to a $20,000 HDTV. I know that you can find top notch 50" plasmas for a fraction of the cost. But you won't encounter such a singular combination of design, performance, and features as the BeoVision 9.
    Star Ratings Description
    Ratings are relative to when the review was written. The obvious example is Value, what you could purchase for $2000 two years ago or even two months ago would seem like a bad value for that price now. We have given only a precious few 5 Star ratings, which we reserve for truly outstanding accomplishment. 
    Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 01-01-2009 3:33 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Re: Beovision 9 is good value for money!

A good review, I gave it 5 stars!

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 01-01-2009 8:13 PM In reply to

An excellent review of an excellent product.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 01-01-2009 8:37 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Here Here - if you want a jaw dropping Television and price is not an issue, there is no better in my opinion.

It harks back to the old B&O mantra of 'Bang & Olufsen, for those who consider quality before price' or whatever the exact wording was.  I think the BV9 sits beside the BL5 in the area of 'if you want the best, it costs'.. Both products deliver the goods.

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-02-2009 3:18 AM In reply to

Ohh I remember when my BV9 arrived - I felt that I found the Holy Grail....and still is
  • 01-02-2009 5:43 AM In reply to

the only downer imo is the lack of twin tuners and recording the channel youre watching , apart from that a staggering bit of kit

you can always add that via a sky hd / freeview hd box later 

reminds me of the good old days and the beosystem 8000 

popgear is grate™

• 01-02-2009 7:23 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Agreed! The BeoVision 9 may be seen by some as a 'dud' product, but for those who have the money and simply want the best money can buy, there's the BeoVision 9. I see it as the Bugatti Veyron/Maserati GranTurismo S of the TV world. It's a lot more expensive than it's competitors, and definitely a niche product, but worth every penny.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-02-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Hmmm maybe not as INSANE as a Veyron in the TV world... just maybe not... hehehehe

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-02-2009 10:11 AM In reply to

Do you really think it is the best value for money? I am not that convinced myself. Perhaps I am biased because I don't like it but isn't it just a reasonably up to date Panasonic TV screen with a BeoSystem 3? I am not sure where the value for money bit comes in? I would have assumed the BV7s were far more value for money considering you get a DVD player thrown in too and pay half the price. The BV5 wasn't value for money either, not at all, as is very apparent by the tumbling of the prices in the second-hand market so quickly, although it still remains my favourite out of all of them from a design viewpoint only.

Simon.

• 01-02-2009 10:51 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The_Beonic_Man:

Do you really think it is the best value for money? I am not that convinced myself. Perhaps I am biased because I don't like it but isn't it just a reasonably up to date Panasonic TV screen with a BeoSystem 3? I am not sure where the value for money bit comes in? I would have assumed the BV7s were far more value for money considering you get a DVD player thrown in too and pay half the price. The BV5 wasn't value for money either, not at all, as is very apparent by the tumbling of the prices in the second-hand market so quickly, although it still remains my favourite out of all of them from a design viewpoint only.

Simon.

I see your point but if you go by the logic of the BeoVision 9 being a reasonably up-to-date Panasonic TV screen with a BeoSystem 3, then the BeoLab 5 is a 6 year old speaker with a computer lumped on the back.

The BeoVision 9 is so far ahead of other products on the market in terms of picture quality, connectivity and feature set, that it can't really be compared to other products IMO. Automatic Colour Management, practically all the features in Vision Clear which aren't found on other sets, the BeoLab 7, practically all the integration which is unrivaled, the ability to have a built in BeoMaster 5 etc...

You must also bear in mind that plasma televisions are by their very nature, more expensive to manufacture than LCDs.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-02-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The only downside with the BV9 for me is that you are somewhat forced to have a HDR2 and Beomedia 1 (or used to be) as part of the 'price'. Problem is that these components would be factored in to this price. I don't need either - if they could be removed, and reduce the price, then it would be far better value for money.

Difficulty is that we need to remember this is a TV. A TV. You really would need to want an excellent TV badly, to justify nearly £15K from your hard-earned wages. I'm on very good money, and own BL5's, but would really struggle to justify the purchase of a new BV9. Even if I traded in my BV7-40 MKIII for a new BV9, I'd still have to fork out another £9K!

Doesn't mean I don't want to get a BV9 though :)

• 01-02-2009 11:58 AM In reply to

I agree, it is just a TV at the end of the day and I would not be able to jutify spending that amount on a television. But then I live by my own set of prinicples which are undoubtedly different from others. I thought exactly the same about the high price tag of £13,000 when the BV5 was released although I do pick up on the excellent and very relevent point Alex makes about the expense of plasma technology itself, which of course must be factored into price.

It would be interesting to know how successful the BV9 has been in terms of sales compared to the BV5 after the first year, second year and third. These figures would reveal a lot and point to how much of a factor connectivity and ugradeability is/was for the comsumer.

Simon.

• 01-02-2009 11:59 AM In reply to

I don't want to make a fuzz about it but how can the BV9 be "far ahead in terms of picture quality" when every AV magazine on the planet stands behind the Pioneer Kuro screens to be the best...

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-02-2009 12:30 PM In reply to

• plagente
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Albi (France)
    • Posts 137
    • Silver Member

BV9 is the only B&O TV that worth the money because of its UNIQUE Design and very very high quality. There is no competitor for this TV. It's too unique.

BV 4 is a very good TV but its design  does not strike

BV 7 does not bring the value (medium image quality, not an innovative design)

BC 6 has a good looking but there is no HDMI for a 5 500 Euros 26'' LCD TV (competitors are  between 800 and 1 200 euros...)

BV 8 is a mistake.

BV9, BS9000, BS3200 are the only real B&O products today

http://p-lagente.blogspot.com/

• 01-02-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

plagente:

BV9 is the only B&O TV that worth the money because of its UNIQUE Design and very very high quality. There is no competitor for this TV. It's too unique.

It's unique, I agree, I love it too. But it's not the best regarding PQ. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-02-2009 1:01 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

What makes you say that? I was in the market for a new TV a while back which gave me a chance to really look at the competitors products and nothing came anywhere near a BeoVision 9, both in terms of standard definition and high definition performance.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-02-2009 1:37 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

plagente:

BV9 is the only B&O TV that worth the money because..

This is just your opinion. There are others who love the design of the BV8. I own a BV8 and, although I'd regard it as 'average' in terms of design, the PQ is decent and definitely did represent value-for-money based on the amount I paid for the TV.

I disagree with your statement about the BV7. The BV7-40 MKIII definitely has excellent image quality (only bettered by the BV9) with a HD source, audio is excellent, design is above average. 

• 01-02-2009 1:58 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

The Pioneer Kuro ...  how can the alleged 'worlds best picture quality' be housed in that then?  It's like putting a Formula 1 engine in a 1989 Fiat Panda!

I must say in agreement with Alex that i regularly visit Currys, Dixons, Comet and the Sony Centre in my own town to keep an eye on the competition.  This is what holds my belief in B&O - what a load of dross they all turn out.. Plastic Fantastic and the race to see how many stickers with logos all down the side of the TV makes me chuckle.  Ask the salesman what they all mean - i've had a few mumbled stuttering replies before from befuddled saleschildren.

Lee 

• 01-02-2009 2:33 PM In reply to

Nobody here knows what a Fiat Panda is but I get the idea.  I should tell my dealer to send you a thank-you note because this thread has caused me to rethink the Beovision 9.  I always thought of the BV9 as rather large and bulky but I didn't think about the fact that all the components are in one system including the center speaker.  It is a beautiful TV.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 01-02-2009 2:44 PM In reply to

I've been considering a switch from my BV7 MkIII to the BV9 over the last couple of weeks and this thread has finally tipped me over the edge, went out and bought one this morning!!

Well done everyone.

• 01-02-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

tobeyone:

I've been considering a switch from my BV7 MkIII to the BV9 over the last couple of weeks and this thread has finally tipped me over the edge, went out and bought one this morning!!

Well done everyone.

I think there is a trend here. Congratulations!

• 01-02-2009 2:50 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

linder:
    Nobody here knows what a Fiat Panda is but I get the idea..

Behold - the 1989 Fiat Panda just for you! Wink

• 01-02-2009 2:56 PM In reply to

Ha!  It looks like a Yugo which was sold in the US during the 80's before they all disintegrated.

• 01-02-2009 2:57 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

tobeyone:

Well done everyone.

Well done!  Honestly, you will love it to bits.  As for Simons observation about the BV5 dipping in price, it's really down to the fact that 95% of them are non-HD and people have the notion that if a TV is not HD it's not worth watching.  I can honestly say that the BV5 is the only non HD plasma television i have ever known that people watch and just assume it's HD.  They are the bargains of the century at the moment, and if i didn't have a BV9 i would happily still be watching my BV5..

In support of Simon, i do think the BV7-40 Mk3 is the best LCD image i have ever seen - but to my eyes, the colours and image still aren't as natural and 'real' as Plasma.  I have no doubt LCD will catch up, but for now.. i'm a 'Plasma Man' !!

Lee 

• 01-02-2009 3:02 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

linder:
    Nobody here knows what a Fiat Panda is but I get the idea..

Behold - the 1989 Fiat Panda just for you! Wink

It will be fun to see how it goes with F1 motor !

And put the STIG behind the wheel SmileCool

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >