in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2009 3:26 PM by Craig. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2008 9:32 AM

BeoMaster 900K Radio

I have a Beomaster 900K radio that was purchased brand new by my father in the 60s and it has not been used for the last 12 years or so. It is in excellent condition, but sadly it doesn't work! When it is plugged in, it does light up and it makes a crackling sound. I would love to get this superb old radio working again. I don't have the knowledge to undertake repairing it myself, but is there anybody that could help or have any suggestions to point me in the right direction.
    Filed under:
  • 12-30-2008 9:36 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: BeoMaster 900K Radio

Hello Stephen and welcome to Beoworld. Where are you located? As this will help with recommending someone to take a look at your 900K. Very nice radio IMO, have one myself in the Kithchen.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-30-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

Thanks Craig, I am located in Fordingbridge, New Forest, close to Salisbury, Southampton & Bournemouth. (UK!) Embarrassed
  • 12-30-2008 10:45 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

As you are in the U.K. I would recommend Tim Jarman. You should be able to contact him via the Beocentral website.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-30-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

Craig:

As you are in the U.K. I would recommend Tim Jarman. You should be able to contact him via the Beocentral website.

CraigSmile

I'd second that - Tim's not far from you either as he's based in Farnborough. 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-02-2009 12:12 PM In reply to

Thank you Craig. That certainly was the right direction to point me in!

2 days ago I thought this lovely old B & O may never work again. I took it up for Tim to have a look at yesterday and now it is working!! I am so pleased. I'm now going to unearth the old B & O speakers and turntable to complete the system to as it was, when my Dad bought it back in the 60s. I can't wait. I hope the turntable still spins.....

StephenBig Smile

• 01-02-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

Great story Stephen - glad you got this lovely old set sorted :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-02-2009 3:12 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Good ol' Tim!
    He fixed my 900K too, and was very reasonable with the price, considering he had to source four transistors and replace them. Watching him work was amazing!  He made it look so easy, he could have been writing a book and brewing up at the same time!
    Sounds great in my bedroom.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-02-2009 3:26 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Andy, I did not know you had got yours fixed. Fantastic warm sound to them IMO, I love my Beomaster 900K.  Glad to hear Tim was able to sort your 900K Steve.

CraigSmile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)