in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2009 9:04 AM by Alex. 127 replies.
Page 2 of 6 (128 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2008 12:09 PM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Re: Have B&O gone mad with their prices?

Amen Martin! Yes -  thumbs up

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 12-28-2008 12:14 PM In reply to

ed7:

i am happy for you ,feeling the b&o magic but a lot of us here like to differ  with that feeling good/wow factor,tech-spec,i am waiting to buy a set got the money but will not repeat my experience i had with bv7-32 picture was shocking,no hdmi 6k tv set!! most of all picture was dreadful !,if it was not for the love of the brand would not have done it but once bitten twice shy!!!

I do sympathise and understand where you are coming from. I deferred buying for two years as I did not think the the BV7 mk1 offered decent picture quality with respect to the price being asked, however the mk3 does deliver. IMHO the BV7-32 is not good enough as yet as it lacks sufficient HDMI sockets & the Beosystem 3 engine, and I would certainly not opt for that at the moment. 

Actually it is not always about price but often whether the price being asked matches the quality being delivered. If you think B&O is expensive then look at Linn - they sell a system which costs £42000. Two speakers and a CD player/amp...did not notice many complaining on their forums.

• 12-28-2008 12:20 PM In reply to

Martin you are right and I'm agree...

But the point is , not the price, but there is no WOW any more..... and this I see when I'm presenting my projects to my clients.

As I said only 7 years ago when I show project with B&O .... you should see this faces .... it was fun seing it .... but now, nothing !

IMO you can sell almoust everithing with this WOW ... Wink

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 12-28-2008 12:45 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

A14BEO:

This is ridiculous - there's no point in discussing this again and again as we all well know that Bang & Olufsen WON'T reduce their prices - Lee even discussed the matter with the top bods in Struer during his last visit!

My own view on the current pricing is this - yes, it's expensive, but it's hand built, upgradeable for future use, and looks superb. This alone would sway me towards a BeoVision over any other brand out there today if I was in the market for a new set.

The above points are also the reasons why Lee and I (and others) have a job selling pre-owned Bang & Olufsen - it lasts for years and years when looked after.

We regularly hear from people who are still hugely satisfied with their LX sets from the 80's, and wouldn't replace them for love nor money. Yes, there is better than B&O out there, and for a fraction of the price.

But, in 20 years time, would that Panasonic or Sony set still be belting out an incredible picture, and still make new viewers ask questions? No.

Divide the price of a BeoVision 7 over it's lifespan and you'll see it really isn't expensive at all.

A question from an interested observer, since you brought it up, how well do pre-owned BV7 MKI's sell compared to Avants (or do you still even sell MKI models anymore)?

I don't think this is as simple as price, I can't remember anyone on the old Beoworld forum complaining about the price of Avants or MX's, as expensive as they were. However, since the intoduction of flat panels the price of every other manufacaturers sets seems to have fallen at an almost exponential rate while those of B&O have climbed from the introductory level to compensate for inflation.

We can continue to argue about absolutes and draw up spurious lists of outboard equipment to try and demonstrate the value of a BV7 but it seems a growing number of folk aren't having it any more, we have folk here who have bought the items in question and have either returned them or replaced them with non-B&O alternatives. Telling these folk they are talking nonsense doesn't work I'm afraid!

Something is definitely different and it needs putting right quickly.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-28-2008 1:47 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

avus17:

Do you think B&O have gone mad with their prices? I think the prices of TV sets are much to high.

No, as they've never really changed. We can't say they've 'gone mad' as they simply haven't been reduced. It's not as if the BV7-40 is now £3000 more than it was, say, three years ago.

• 12-28-2008 1:50 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

xegoon:

Hmmm, well, i could buy

I don't buy in to this 'you get all these tech specs with your B&O TV...'. 99% of consumers do not need these 'features'. That's the big problem. Therefore this severely reduces your target audience. If you are forcing them to pay for cinema control, surround sound processor and so on, then most people aren't going to bother. They'll buy a TV and add those components later.

Which is precisely why the B&O sales have dropped off recently.

• 12-28-2008 2:08 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Dillen:

Gucci, Boss, Prada, Bang & Olufsen - whatever.

We want B&O but aren't ready to pay for it, - is that the case ?

I think that's the problem... We don't want Bang & Olufsen between Armani and Gucci. Those brands are made for the "upper" class, and people buy them because of the design, or because of the name. Performance comes last (is it comfortable to wear etc.(in the a/v world it would be: "does it have the best technologies")), and they don't care about the price. It's just another type of market, and I don't hope that B&O is becomming like that.

B&O has to be a wel balanced mix of all, and they should have their own segment, so you can't compare them to other brands...

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 12-28-2008 2:14 PM In reply to

I hope that they wake-up in struer.

• 12-28-2008 2:45 PM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

A question from an interested observer, since you brought it up, how well do pre-owned BV7 MKI's sell compared to Avants (or do you still even sell MKI models anymore)?

As a matter of policy we always upgrade MK1 BeoVision 7's to HD before sale. They seem to be extremely popular at the moment to be honest - unlike Avants, which seem to have dropped considerably over the past few months.

Maybe our sales are linked to people's mindset about new prices? Unsure

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 12-28-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

A14BEO:

This is ridiculous - there's no point in discussing this again and again as we all well know that Bang & Olufsen WON'T reduce their prices - Lee even discussed the matter with the top bods in Struer during his last visit!

My own view on the current pricing is this - yes, it's expensive, but it's hand built, upgradeable for future use, and looks superb. This alone would sway me towards a BeoVision over any other brand out there today if I was in the market for a new set.

The above points are also the reasons why Lee and I (and others) have a job selling pre-owned Bang & Olufsen - it lasts for years and years when looked after.

We regularly hear from people who are still hugely satisfied with their LX sets from the 80's, and wouldn't replace them for love nor money. Yes, there is better than B&O out there, and for a fraction of the price.

But, in 20 years time, would that Panasonic or Sony set still be belting out an incredible picture, and still make new viewers ask questions? No.

Divide the price of a BeoVision 7 over it's lifespan and you'll see it really isn't expensive at all.

that will also effect your job too if b&o can not sell them now how are you going to persuade a buyer buying preowned  tv set!! 4-5k you will be struggling too. who want to buy early models plasma or lcd not high-def no hdmi for that price !!! or is you are saying that to get into the good books with b&o????!!

• 12-28-2008 3:00 PM In reply to

A14BEO:
    Puncher:

....unlike Avants, which seem to have dropped considerably over the past few months.

Does this mean you'll be dropping the asking prices for Avants at Lifestyle then Matt? Your RF DVD Avants seem to be priced pretty much where they were 12 months ago when I bought mine used from a B&O dealer, well under where they were priced at Lifestyle. I have no interest in knocking you as I've bought from you before (and by implication would be knocking myself), but wondered if such a drop in demand meant that prices would follow suit?? 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 12-28-2008 3:13 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Oh come come lets be honest about this for once, B&O isn't over priced at all. There and no I can't believe I said that either. I think quite an important point we all might have missed, and is probably the cause of all the over priced carping is, come on lets face it over the years our financial worth has not kept up with the rest of the world - me included. THAT's the real reason why we find it overpriced.

The remedy - simple buy second hand, and shut-up! Big Smile

• 12-28-2008 3:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Bored!

I think it might rain tonight.Indifferent 

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-28-2008 3:47 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Jandyt:

Bored!

I think it might rain tonight.Indifferent 

LMAO it's raining here already - probably coz I sprayed my roses last night = always the kiss of death for fine weather hehehe Big Smile 

• 12-28-2008 3:52 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Strangely, if you enter the word 'overpriced' in the search box, it comes up with 193 posts. However, entering the two words 'over priced' only comes up with 68 posts.
    Which is correct?  Only one way to find out.......

By the way, which of the following sentences is correct?

"The yolk of an egg is white"  or
    "The yolk of an egg are white"

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-28-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

I'd go with option one please Bob, my logic being you're talking singular therefore it is.

Otherwise wouldn't it be on the lines of "The yolks of eggs are white" ? Unsure

On a happier note, new years resolution = never post a thread starting off on about B&O prices Big Smile

• 12-28-2008 4:03 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

benjnz:

I'd go with option one please Bob, my logic being you're talking singular therefore it is.

Otherwise wouldn't it be on the lines of "The yolks of eggs are white" ? Unsure

On a happier note, new years resolution = never post a thread starting off on about B&O prices Big Smile

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
    Hook, Line and Sinker!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-28-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beobird:

I think that's the problem... We don't want Bang & Olufsen between Armani and Gucci. Those brands are made for the "upper" class

I think a lot of people would disagree. You can buy Gucci fashion watches, handbags and accessories from many standard high street retailers. There are more chavs with Gucci or Armani 'brands' on their clothes than those who own B&O equipment.

You say that you can't compare B&O to other brands, but that's exactly what the average consumer will do when they walk in to a B&O store. Problem is that they look at the price and don't even hang around for a demonstration of the performance. You have to a) get them in the shop and then b) convince them to stay, first!

The other problem is that consumers naturally assume you have to connect B&O speakers to B&O equipment, which increases the cost even further.

• 12-28-2008 8:01 PM In reply to

Spot ON...

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 12-28-2008 8:02 PM In reply to

O Really?

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-28-2008 8:07 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

*sniggers* Big Smile
  • 12-28-2008 9:49 PM In reply to

My take on our pricing:

http://beotrip.blogspot.com/ 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-29-2008 5:36 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Sorry to drift back off topic, but I would just like to inform Benjnz that the yolk of an egg is, in fact yellow.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-29-2008 5:45 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Jandyt:
    Sorry to drift back off topic, but I would just like to inform Benjnz that the yolk of an egg is, in fact yellow.

..........and thus unwittingly (for you are indeed witless)Laughing you have demonstrated a very important point, albeit off topic as usual. You have shown that few actually bother to read and take in what others have saidHmm

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-29-2008 6:21 AM In reply to

Jandyt:
    ... the yolk of an egg is, in fact yellow.

Yellow?? I think the yolk of an egg is orange Hmm Maybe spanish yolks Stick out tongue

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

Page 2 of 6 (128 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »