in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-24-2008 9:41 AM by Calvin. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-23-2008 2:50 PM

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Lets have some happy B&O stories....you know the ones, where people actually enjoy the products.  I mean after some of the last threads where everyone thrashed out that the products are worthless junk - I mean they are aren't they?  Thats why people dont buy them anymore - its all rubbish that doesn't connect with this and that from Aldi or something and it all costs way toooooo much and its made from junk in China and all the dealers are horrible nasty people.  I mean if its come to this ladies and gents, sadly i will have to leave beoworld. Frankly i have better things to do with my time.

Mean time, i will switch on my AV5, watch a nice picture, listen to great sound, then maybe listen to a nice pair of 4000's and turn on a 3000 and love every minute of it.

Merry xmas everyone. Its been a nice time.

(hopefully santa brings me some more Danish junk!) 

• 12-23-2008 3:12 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Here, here !     Well said, Dude 1 !

Enjoy what you have.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all !

• 12-23-2008 3:19 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

I will go home soon after an all nighter at work. Looking forward to listening to a record on the BG4500 and then watching Christmas Vacation later on the BV7 for a laugh....

Merry Christmas to all...

Beoaus.

• 12-23-2008 4:01 PM In reply to

I love with a passion each and every one of my B&O products from TV to phones. There is only 1 B&O. Nobody could come along and do what they do, not without the same history that B&O has. I raise my glass to their continued success in 2009 and beyond. I will always be a loyal customer. How many other companies could get their customers to say that?

Simon.

• 12-23-2008 4:14 PM In reply to

apple

popgear is grate™

• 12-23-2008 5:14 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

And a Merry Christmas to you too,  Flappo.

Spread the good tidings and cheer around.

• 12-23-2008 5:29 PM In reply to

Err...getting back on track, here's a nice B&O story:

Tomorrow afternoon at 15:00 I will be listening to the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols from King's College, Cambridge, on Radio 4 here in the UK. I'll be using my lovely old 1960 B&O Jet Present 607 valve radio to listen on FM - how cool is that? FM on a 48 year old set! 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 12-23-2008 6:33 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

Tomorrow afternoon at 15:00 I will be listening to the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols from King's College, Cambridge, on Radio 4 here in the UK. I'll be using my lovely old 1960 B&O Jet Present 607 valve radio to listen on FM - how cool is that? FM on a 48 year old set! 

Extremely! The original AC Delco radio in my 1962 Cadillac only has AM (with automatic station search!), just a couple of years later it would've actually been FM stereo. Five 12V valves and a germanium transistor as an audio power amp. It even has the two CONELRAD triangles on the scale as a reminder of an age that fortunately is over.

Anybody know when FM radio transmissions got common in Europe? One thing I've always wondered about is that many early B&O radios had the full 88-108 MHz scale, but then funnily dropped the last 4 in the 70s. Even Tandberg from Norway mostly had the full scale, even though they never had more than one national station in that time!

-mika

• 12-24-2008 7:48 AM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

A happy Christmas: I just received my blown up BM6500 back from the repair shop. In the meanwhile I had to downgrade to my previous setup - BC9000 and the Jamos. It was pure joy to load the Bach's Christmas Oratorio to the BG6500 and listen to it with BM6500 and the Pentalabs. Merry Christmas everyone!
  • 12-24-2008 9:41 AM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Well I just ordered myself a Century from Lifestyle which should look great in my kitchen.  What with the new year, it won't arrive until the 6th or 7th of January but then I realised that it's actually Christmas on the 7th anyway, at least under the Julian Calendar. Apparently in Russia a lot of orthodox folks celebrate it then anyway.  Besides all of this, I'm away for the holiday period anyway and I think I'd rather attempt to take eggs on a train than a B&O system
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)