in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2008 9:24 AM by Toby. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-23-2008 8:37 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I'm so sorry to ask this masterlink question

But here is my problem, I have looked, experimented and read so many manuals on masterlink and i can not get it all to operate the way i want it to.

I have a BV3-32 in the living room with Beosound 4 connected to one pair of beolabs

in the bedroom i have the Beocenter 1

I have the BC1 in option 6

I have no idea what option i need to have the beosound and beovision in... no matter what i try it doesn't sing the way it should. When i press av TV for sound through the Beolabs the screen shuts off. If i want the Beosound 4 radio to play throught he BC1 it doesn't work. When i press av DVD in the main room it is ok... what option should i have it all in?

It's so complicated and it's stressing me out! sorry, any advice will help!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 12-23-2008 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: I'm so sorry to ask this masterlink question

Tv option 2

beosound option 0

beocenter 1 option 6  

• 12-23-2008 8:41 AM In reply to

and you should connect the beolabs with the beovision 3 and not the beosound 4
  • 12-23-2008 9:27 AM In reply to

Have you downloaded the Masterlink Handbook and the Product Configuration Guide?
  • 12-23-2008 10:35 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

jvdb107:
    and you should connect the beolabs with the beovision 3 and not the beosound 4

The sound is not good in this configuration... beosound 4 sound to the 4000's is astonishingly more detailed and natural compared to BV3's sound card.... you'd be amazed.

I have the masterlink hand book i can't make sense of it, i have put both TV and beosound in option 1 and it seems to be ok, but is there a better option?

• 12-23-2008 11:39 AM In reply to

If you are going to connect the speakers to the beosound with both in option 1 what is the point in masterlinking them?

Regards Graham

• 12-23-2008 1:25 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

I hope you don't mind but since we have people in the know here,  I have the Beosound 3200 in the living room with one Beolab 2000 in the Kitchen and one in the bedroom. What should my options be?
    Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 12-23-2008 1:38 PM In reply to

Toby:
    I hope you don't mind but since we have people in the know here,  I have the Beosound 3200 in the living room with one Beolab 2000 in the Kitchen and one in the bedroom. What should my options be?

Your 3200 should be in Option 1 and the Lab 2000's should both be in Option 6

Regards Graham

• 12-23-2008 5:17 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Hi Dave

The Masterlink manual is very useful and full of loads of information but you do need to get your head around the terminology.

Perhaps I can explain it this way:

Option0 = No response to any remote commands

Option1 = Main products only respond to like minded commands. i.e. BeoSound products only respond to audio commands and  BeoVision products only respond to Video commands.  This is the factory default and if you do connect an audio and video product together you have to add "AV" to the list button of your Beo4.

Option2 = Main products respond to audio AND video commands. i.e. Speakers connected to a TV means the TV should be in Option 2 and the audio (with no speakers connected) should be Option 0. You now don't need to use AV as there is no clash.

Once you have these options clear then simply think about their link room versions.

Option5 = Same as option1 but in a link room. 

Option6 = Same as option2 but in a link room.

Option4 = A special "LINK" option where you may have two remote sensors that can both see your remote at the same time. i.e. A Beolab3500 and a BeoVision6 both in the bedroom. One in option6 operates as above, the other in option4 only responds when "Link" is added to the list button on Beo4.

I hope that the above clears up the confusion and doesn't add to it. 

This is what Christmas is all about, the wife wrapping presents and me whittering on about option programming.

Merry Christmas to all fellow BeoWorlders and keep thinking positive thoughts for 2009.

Best regards

Opman

• 12-23-2008 8:19 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:
    If you are going to connect the speakers to the beosound with both in option 1 what is the point in masterlinking them?

To get sound from the TV and DVD to the sound system. They are masterlinked to a junction box, really a mere addition and only cost an extra $50, the mainly used link is between the BC1 and BS4. Also, during advert breaks on TV i can press AV + RADIO / CD / A.MEM and rather than having to hear ad's, listen to music until the program comes back... it's a good idea in my eyes

Thank you opman, very appreciative :) merry xmas  

• 12-24-2008 4:23 AM In reply to

Dave:

joeyboygolf:

To get sound from the TV and DVD to the sound system. They are masterlinked to a junction box, really a mere addition and only cost an extra $50, the mainly used link is between the BC1 and BS4. Also, during advert breaks on TV i can press AV + RADIO / CD / A.MEM and rather than having to hear ad's, listen to music until the program comes back... it's a good idea in my eyes

!??!!??!Geeked

Regards Graham

• 12-25-2008 5:22 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Is that confusing?

• 12-25-2008 6:32 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Hello Dave,

I am not that expert as others in this forum, but I would go for BV3 and BS4 in Option 1, and Beocenter 1 in Option 6. It should work.

Btw, I like your character, always positive, never negative (Louis Van Gaal)  Smile

Merry Christmas

Quim

• 12-25-2008 6:42 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh thanks very kind of you to say so. Yes option 1 all round in the main room illuminates  the hiccups, when i tryed option 1 on the BC1 and option 2 around the main room all havoc reeked hence why i came on with the question but opman has explained what i needed to know so thanks again. :)

• 12-27-2008 9:24 AM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Graham, that's very kind I get it sorted.

Merry Christmas.

Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)