in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-20-2010 8:55 AM by Flappo The Grate. 181 replies.
Page 8 of 8 (182 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2010 3:13 AM In reply to

Re: How to save Bang & Olufsen

Affineur:

Normal.dotm 0 0 1 323 1844 busy bee 15 3 2264 12.0 0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false &amp;amp;amp;lt;!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Times; panose-1:2 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Times; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Times; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --&amp;amp;amp;gt; /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I admit, you have a point here.... Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

-Dimitris

• 01-20-2010 6:10 AM In reply to

So I'm rereading the thread (actually I'm rereading the emails I get from the thread while on the train since I forgot my headphones) and I now have to wonder...

What were we talking about with "SAVE" B&O?  I pretty much just figured the question meant they were running out of money and if they didn't do something then they'd be out of business.  Reading half the posts (the half that aren't unintelligible doggy poo) over, did the "save" part mean "how do we get B&O to make products we like once more?"

Because, frankly, the stuff in my price range (see next post, yes I'm already planning in advance to double post) is really good for people like me.  The stuff that's higher up either makes me really want it, like a pair of 9's, or doesn't interest me in the slightest though other people love them, like the TVs.  Of course there's the stuff higher up that looks lame like the BS5 but if other people like it then good for them.  The stuff below my price range is also nice but I have no need for them, like the BS1.  There are things I find asinine like BS4 being sold as computer speakers for $1k but if other people like it then great.

My list applied to if the question was "how does B&O make money and not go out of business"?  And my list would work 100%.  But if it was the other thing about if they're making the right products or not then let me answer that one:

What are you complaining about?  They have TVs in every normal size from 26" to 103", in plasma or LCD if you have a preference with various looks and features.  They have little sound systems that favor the "modern middle class" like the BS4 and they have the old favorites like the 9000 and the 3200.  They have state of the art and they have devices that let you send music from your computer to any room in the house.  They have little budget speakers like the BL4 and they have outrageous budget speakers like the BL5.  And everything in between!  Their stuff is made well and if you're boohooing that some of it is made in CZ then quit whining because you didn't know the difference anyway.

As long as they stay in business they can do what they want.  I'll either buy it or I won't.

• 01-20-2010 6:21 AM In reply to

Here's my intentional 2nd post since it is a different flavor as the last one.  Like, not a rant.

Trip and everyone else posting about the differences in EU and US customers:

You guys are totally onto something.  I bought everything in the EU where B&O appears to not be targeted for the types of people who just want to flaunt their wealth at people (read: wankers) but rather the middle class with disposable income.  People like me.  Sure, they have high end stuff that you'd have to be quite well to do to get but they don't even push that stuff.  In fact, the store I always went to in Munich didn't even display BL5.  They had some downstairs.

I know quite a few people like myself in Germany that have B&O but it's not in your face.  You wouldn't even notice if you weren't a fan and knew what you were looking at, that's how well B&O stuff disappears into a standard Euro apartment.  Not the BL5 obviously, but BL4000 or 6000 or BL3 or so.  The middle class equipment.

Basically, I'm really happy with the BS4 since it does everything I want it to.  More than the other systems.  The speakers I have are good and I'm satisfied with them, too.  Basically, I'm a happy customer.

I would, however, like to be able to get equipment from somewhere other than in Perth.  It's clear they have the only shop from here to Singapore.  It was better in Munich where there were at least 3 B&O stores and at least one high end dealer who also sold B&O.

• 01-20-2010 6:23 AM In reply to

dilznik:

As long as they stay in business they can do what they want.  I'll either buy it or I won't.

Here endeth the sermon? Amen to that.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-20-2010 6:41 AM In reply to

dilznik:

What were we talking about with "SAVE" B&O?  I pretty much just figured the question meant they were running out of money and if they didn't do something then they'd be out of business.  Reading half the posts (the half that aren't unintelligible doggy poo) over, did the "save" part mean "how do we get B&O to make products we like once more?"

Well, remember the thread was started more than a year ago and the context was quite different from today. B&O had only recently switched the CEO so apparently they themselves saw problems, the financial reports were bad, and the global economy was going downhill to depths nobody could predict.

It doesn't look nearly as grim now and many of the new products are very promising, so we can get back to the usual bitching and whining about HDMI ports and why the entire world still doesn't revolve around ipods Smile

-mika

• 01-20-2010 8:51 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Why can't B&O use the Apple Tablet as a video streamer through wireless HDMI?  Ooops, that's next week.  I will go back under my rock. 

• 01-20-2010 8:55 AM In reply to

the new ceo certainly seems to be putting his stamp on things very quickly

bno have been through more recessions than most of us have had hot dinners , somehow i think they'll get through this one just fine

popgear is grate™

Page 8 of 8 (182 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8