in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-25-2008 11:42 AM by Nick12345. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-17-2008 6:34 PM

Beosound 2 & Leopard

I was so happy to finally get my Beosound 2 as a Birthday Present and am now going completely insane as the BS 2 doesn't seem to be compatible with Leopard. I somehow got the icon on the desktop (this was a one off) and now nothing at all happens.

I've tried:

1. Formatting the card

2. Installing everything new on a 2nd mac

3. Have always switched to itunes mode (using the impossible button pressing combination)

4. Have correctly switched to USB mode

5. Scanned blogs & websites

and you guys are my last chance.....I really want to have fun with my birthday present....

Nick

• 12-21-2008 12:06 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 2 & Leopard

I had the same problem, as you can see a few threads below and in the end I just gave up and bought a lovely little SanDisk usb stick/SD card reader. It works great and is also much faster than the USB cradle of the BeoSound 2. My dealer did offer to make it work, but I haven't taken it there yet, because I don't really miss it now.

I know I'm not helping you much here, but this is what I did and it works pretty well for me.

• 12-24-2008 11:56 AM In reply to

now I know how it works and can help anyone havig the same problems...
  • 12-24-2008 4:43 PM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Nick12345,

I am about to transition to Leopard, and would be pleased if you can outline how to get the B&O cradle to work? I have found quite a few problems with the USB card reader solution and have abandoned it in favor of the (slower) cradle which gives consistent results.

Thanks

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 12-25-2008 11:42 AM In reply to

It's not an easy or fun thing to do - but it seems to me the only way it works.

B&O can't even help on this.

I started off by completely resetting the BS2 and using a "clean" card.  The important thing is that the software has been upgraded (which I hope yours has)  - if not you'll need a PC to do this. Following the instructions on the bo.com website will get you the correct sortware.  Don't forget afterwards to put the BS2 into itunes mode.  Then connect the lot to your mac and switch to USB (2seconds GO).  It should then install the new software for mac. Leopard only works when the software has been upgraded on a PC.  

Now the problems start:

Leopard and BS2 do not really like each other.

I then got the Beosound 2 icon in itunes and started to assign playlists. The music I marked in the library then under Advanced converted all the Music to mp3 format - fished it out of the library and dragged and dropped to the playlists.  I never knew that itunes and ipods/phones are just as happy with mp3s - the only problem being noe is that you have copies of the originals now as mp3. If you can work out an easier way to handle it - please let me know.

And if you need anymore tips - please let me know.  Took me ages to get it set up but I don't regret it - the quality is so much better as my iphone.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)