in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2007 3:00 PM by hebo. 163 replies.
Page 6 of 7 (164 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2007 2:43 AM In reply to

Re: Struer visit

Just to let you all know I arrived safely at home at 8:30am.
    I've stopped more than once to take a quick nap.
    That's why it's taken up to 10 hours to get home...

Don't forget to tell us how the Design and Sound presentation was.
    That's what I miss today...

Oh, and for those who were not at B&O... the BEO5 will be a hit if you ask me.

• 05-01-2007 7:34 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

fridsten:

Five minutes to go... :)

The only problem is the Danish language, and here you can see why:

Falling apart

That's brilliant! Very funny.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 05-01-2007 11:36 AM In reply to

Come on, tell us what you know! (or what you're allowed to say!)

Ph.

• 05-01-2007 11:41 AM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:

Ph.

BEO5

Battery operated.
    Standby time 10-12 days.
    Uses charging stand.
    High resolution touch sensitive screen
    Preset by the dealer for optimal use 
    Operates non-B&O ir controlled items
    USB connection
    Bol is aluminium
    Cover LCD is plastic

Maybe we should open up a new thread...
    Beo5
  • 05-01-2007 12:00 PM In reply to

Coolskin:
    wtlc2zpx:

Ph.

Maybe we should open up a new thread...
    Beo5

I have now done...

Filed under:
  • 05-01-2007 12:59 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Must make the next trip, if there is one. Glad all those that went had such a good time.

CraigBig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-01-2007 1:00 PM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Just arrived at home from Struer. Have to say that all who wasn't there have missed very much. We had the Beo5 in our hands and saw the aluminium bowl in production. To tell you everything we saw, heard and discussed the space woudn't be enough.

I think Ed and some others will post pictures. They will tell you more than thousands words.

Thanks everyone for the superior trip to Struer Big Smile THis is really a "must" for every B&O fan.

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 05-01-2007 1:56 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Also arrived home after 7 hours on the road.

It was a great event with very special treatment from B&O! Thank you all the make that happen. We saw so many intersting things that at least for me it will take some days to get this all sorted out.

In return, I will visit my dealer and order a pair Beolab 5 (or 9) Geeked

cheers

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 05-01-2007 3:16 PM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Hi

Christian and I are home as well now, the drive was not that bad (by the way Karsten, you overtook us (silverblue Peugeot 206) somewhere on Fyn).

Eduard got a copy of most of my pictures, I hope those of you that were not with us can enjoy some of the brilliant experience we had.

Again, thanks to you all for making it happen and supporting the initiative.

Best regards

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 05-01-2007 3:33 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

After a stop at Kastrup and leaving off Guy & co and a stop at Sturup and leaving off Fridsten I was home about 18.30.

Wonderful trip! Thank you Ed, Anders and Lee for this! And of course a big thanks to our hosts, especially Gitte!

It´s been fantastic to seen the cube, the torture chamber, the listening and viewing rooms and all other legendary rooms and the people that make them legendary. 

Next trip must go to the Struer Museum that will open later this year.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-01-2007 3:58 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

This has indeed been a fantastic tour, a true red carpet treatment. Very nice bag of surprices (brochures, bottle opener, a book, etc.).

I will go to bed now, after 20 hours of BeoTour (if you include the dinner), and I am sure that I will have sweet dreams.

PS. I was the first to use the Beo5 with the Beocenter 8500 Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 05-01-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

• Tibor
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Budapest, Hungary
    • Posts 36
    • Founder

Hi,

After four and a half hours of driving to Hamburg and one and a half hours flight me and Edina just arrived home - a bit tired... but it was definitely worthy to go to B&O !

For us ist's also time to go to sleep, since we should work tomorrow.

Before we left Struer I took the EarSet 2 ("Right") at the local B&O dealer - it's charging now, so tomorrow I can try it with Serene and Skype :-)

Next step: BV7-40 or BS3 with projector ?

• 05-01-2007 6:00 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Well, i'm home, and i can honestly say i have had an absolutely fantastic time!

Bang & Olufsen were absolutely perfect hosts, and i can only express my sincere thanks on behalf of BeoWorld for all the time they spent planning and executing this extremely special tour. It was truly appreciated by each and every one of us.

I will obviously collate all of the photos taken and give a full account of the tour when this is done, but in the meantime i am sure the people there will tell their own stories!  It was great to put names to faces, and see in person the people i talk to almost every day on the forum, and to catch up with some of the people i already know.

We really do have a great bunch of people on BeoWorld, and meeting them in person too really confirms this.  

Smile 

Can i also express my sincere thanks to BeoWorld member "classic" aka Frede who welcomed Ed, Andy and myself into his home not far from Struer on Sunday to show us his quite remarkable collection of vintage B&O.  I will not say much about what he does at the moment, as he wishes to avoid an avalanche of customers! - but i can honestly say that he is a true perfectionist when it comes to B&O. More to follow...

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-01-2007 6:08 PM In reply to

Helo everybody,

Finally Emmanuel and me got there in Paris at 10:30 PM.

The Beoland Tour was fantastic and somehow magic.

For the moment I do not realize that it is finished as I am still thinking (an missing) about what happened during these last 48 hours.

I am going to bed now and will start dreaming about the Farm and all those great moments spent with great people. 

Seeya all,

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-02-2007 1:56 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

What a trip!

It was a wonderful experience to see for ourselves the care and attention to detail B&O put into their products and see first hand how the design philosophie is put into practice from concept to sale.

I'd also like to thank B&O and all who were involved in organising  the trip for their  hospitatlity (could not have been better) and also the Beoworlders who managed to make it. A great bunch of people and excellent company.Cool

Time to catch up and see what been happening here!

Kevin 

• 05-02-2007 2:17 AM In reply to

• Stones
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 18
    • Founder

Great thanks to Bang & Olufsen for these fantastic days!Smile Seeing all the catalouge-places in real life was nice, but I think that speaking to the people and listening to what they had to tell us was worth even more!

Also thank you to BeoWorld for organizing this tour and to all you BeoWorlders being there!

Best regards

Steinar

• 05-02-2007 7:22 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

What an amazing trip!

Aluminium factory, torture chamber, viewing and listening rooms. Just excellent! All the presentations and discussions were great. Being listened to by the International Marketing Director, Kasper Eis, and even talking briefly to the CEO, Torben Ballegaard Sørensen...

Everything was amazing, but I especially enjoyed listening to the  Tonmeister, Geoffrey Martin.

Still... It felt a bit odd being studied by an anthropologist... Apparently we were the most extreme part of a subculture. Surprise

Finally, a huuuuuuge thankyou to those who made this possible, Ed, Anders and Lee.

It was great meeting you all, and I really hope we can turn this into an annual event.

I'll post my pictures on the web within the next few days.

• 05-02-2007 1:36 PM In reply to

Yeah it was a unbelivible meating in Struer. Nice to meet you all guysYes

And B&O showed the very best side they could ever do. THANX

They take us here on Beoworld 100% seriously

Can´t wait for next time we meet agian ( Lee Wink )

• 05-02-2007 2:18 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Big Smile [:D] Re: Struer visit

The WOW effect is still alive in Struer!

To visit B&O factory was an old dream, and all we can say is that reality was far better!

Thank to Gitte, for her warm and friendly presence Big Smile,

Thanks to the engineers who spent time with us and gave us sharp technical explanations on the "why" and the "how" our favorite toys come to life Idea --> Music,

Thanks to Ed, Mr Andersson and Lee, which made this dream come true Yes Yes Yes,

And thanks to all Beoworlders for the friendly vibrations which surrounded the meeting Drinks Cake Left Hug Right Hug.

It has been a pleasure to meet all of you,

We hope this will happen again.

Yann and Christian.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 05-02-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Edit: Damn you, Daniel! Didn't you log out from here when borrowing my computer?

/Fridsten 

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-02-2007 2:46 PM In reply to

Oohh that gonna be expensive for you Ed to use that pictureCool
Page 6 of 7 (164 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >