in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-19-2008 2:54 AM by moxxey. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-17-2008 11:11 AM

Beovision 7 40 without DVD Player

Have just heard that B & O will early next year release a new Beovision 7 without the DVD Player.  Can anyone confirm this as it would take the price down to a more affordable price and i might be tempted to upgrade.

Thanks in Advance

Carl 

Carl Sheerman

• 12-17-2008 11:13 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7 40 without DVD Player

It's now..With a  Bv7-32...I believe with no Dvd at the mo but maybe  40 later on don't know but would be good.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 12-17-2008 11:20 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

And it is almost the same price as the BV8-32.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 12-17-2008 11:25 AM In reply to

I heard this from a friend of the dealer who had a visit from a B & O rep today.

Carl Sheerman

• 12-17-2008 1:39 PM In reply to

as a matter of interest which model is supplied to the hotels without dvd.

they have been doing this for awhile

malcolm

• 12-17-2008 7:06 PM In reply to

I am not so sure about the BV7-40 without DVD (and ultimately a Blu-ray player). To me it is a bit like a car with three wheels. Yes it might be cheaper but is it really worth having... of course I could be totally wrong about this. It smacks of marketing.
  • 12-18-2008 3:43 AM In reply to

Until B & O decide to go down the Blue Ray road i think they are letting competitors supply the DVD front.  At the moment the best package is the Sony PS3 as its a game player, an upscaling DVD player, a Blue Ray player amongst other things.  With a small equipment add on it can be controlled via a bluetooth/IR converter.  The B & O DVD player is now outdated and its such a fluid market I'm not sure if they will develop their own.  The TV has been available to hotels for some time as stated above but has not been on release to the public.  With all the external equipment that can be controlled via IR codes etc i think its a sensible move in the current climate and i will purchase one if the price is right.

Carl Sheerman

• 12-18-2008 6:30 AM In reply to

Fair enough. I personally hate seeing all the detritus hanging off the back of the set. My ideal would be a built in BluRay/DVD and a built in Twin Tuner Hi Def STB with Hard Disk recording facilities. For me B&O is about elegance which is somewhat compromised by having to attach a load of other devices unless they can be well hidden.
  • 12-18-2008 7:47 AM In reply to

• Silou
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-10-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 241
    • Gold Member

If Blue raym I hope that BEO make an upgrade alvailable for the all the BV's...

But is it the Beo's philosphy???

• 12-18-2008 8:41 AM In reply to

BeoVision 7 with Blu Ray launches at the end of this coming summer. The Blu Ray module is available for retrofitting to all existing MkIII BeoVision 7s.

I think, however, that in a perfect world we would skip Blu Ray altogether. Especially now. By the time the MkIII launched, digitally delivered video was coming online in a few very interesting ways. Now as we prepare to launch the MkIV with Blu Ray, there are even more dynamic ways of delivering digital video (hell, even my BeoMedia makes a serviceable torrent player). It doesn't seem unreasonable that the BeoMaster 5, with a more comprehensive collection of video codecs, could be capable of organizing and playing unprotected video in a satisfying way.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-18-2008 9:03 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:
    The Blu Ray module is available for retrofitting to all existing MkIII BeoVision 7s.

BV7-40 MKIII, but not BV7-32 MKIII we were told... What's the truth?

• 12-18-2008 10:38 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

TripEnglish:
    The Blu Ray module is available for retrofitting to all existing MkIII BeoVision 7s.

BV7-40 MKIII, but not BV7-32 MKIII we were told... What's the truth?

Correct. There's no real point of playing 1080p-based Blu-ray on a non-HD screen. They'll be little benefit over and above a standard definition DVD on the same TV.

• 12-18-2008 4:48 PM In reply to

Its great news to hear that B & O are placing blue ray in their Beovision range but its like locking the gate after the horse has bolted.  Blue ray has been around for some time now. You are only going to appreciate it on a TV with at least 40 inch in size.  Anything smaller and its not going to be fully appreciated.  

A lot of people already have blue ray in one form or another.  In times past B & O would take the lead now they seem to be playing catchup all the time now.  I am still firmly hooked on B & O equipment as its elegance and beauty are beyond reproach, however they need to be more proactive in future designs and hop on the bandwagon quicker as blue ray discs kicked hi def discs ass some time ago now.  Why are they still producing the Beo 7 32inch with no HDMI.  What is going on their??????

Carl Sheerman

• 12-18-2008 5:41 PM In reply to

I saw the offer for the non-DVD version and headed down to find out more - my dealer confirmed that they are only producing the non DVD version in 32" and not 40". Obviously this could change but I only had this conversation last week. My local store in London already had the TV available so you shouldn't have to wait till next year.
  • 12-19-2008 2:54 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Carl Sheerman:

A lot of people already have blue ray in one form or another.  In times past B & O would take the lead now they seem to be playing catchup all the time now.

In many ways you are correct (the BV7-32 is a good example). In other ways not so. For example, how many TVs do you know that ship with a Blu-ray drive?

Secondly, B&O lag behind for a good reason. They weren't pioneers of the technology (unlike, say, Sony) and HD-DVD was still prominent until early Summer. Also, Blu-ray isn't as popular as you seem to suggest. How many people do you know with a Blu-ray player? I work in the industry - across IT magazines - and I don't know a single person, apart from myself, who has a standalone Blu-ray player. I know anoher person with a PS3, but rarely uses it for Blu-ray playback as they're too expensive for most consumers.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)