in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2009 2:04 PM by TripEnglish. 50 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (51 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-13-2008 1:36 PM

new phone

Does anyone know when we can expect the new beocom?

• 12-13-2008 2:09 PM In reply to

Re: new phone

Maybe March..? Be interesting to see and ment to be good.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 12-13-2008 7:36 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I'm so glad somebody bought that up!
    With all the hype about Beosound 5, it seems Beocom 5 has got shoved in a corner.
    I will almost definately be getting one when it comes round!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-14-2008 4:53 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Jandyt:

With all the hype about Beosound 5, it seems Beocom 5 has got shoved in a corner.

Andy T.

Oh no, it's Beosound 5 again!!

I now fully expect posts with "what will it be like?", "are there any photos?" for the coming months.

Aaaagghhhhh!!!! 

Erm 

• 12-14-2008 5:43 AM In reply to

kokomo:
    Jandyt:

Andy T.

Oh no, it's Beosound 5 again!!

I now fully expect posts with "what will it be like?", "are there any photos?" for the coming months.

Aaaagghhhhh!!!! 

Erm 

Big Smile

I'm expecting something new, something like Beocom 2....

I'm wondering would it be David L or someone else who will design it ...

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 12-14-2008 6:14 AM In reply to

Can't say I am that enthused - sounds like a bigger Beocom 4 with a colour screen and a few curves. Base has a speaker in it which will be of benefit to some. Not a killer product in my view and not as dramatic as the Beocom 2, though probably easier to use!
  • 12-14-2008 6:37 AM In reply to

It sounds to me that you've seen this phone...

Do you heve some pictures ? or 3d models ?

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 12-14-2008 9:52 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

The speaker is supposed to be wireless, so it can be carried around in the house.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 12-14-2008 10:35 AM In reply to

Its ment to have a round base which acts as the speaker phone bit when the phone is sitting in it,with a colour screen and vop internet as well.I have not seen any pic's but ment to look nice and it's ment to be in europe.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 12-14-2008 12:25 PM In reply to

It needs to support lossless HD audio, have at least three HDMI connectors and a 1.5TB hard disk and cost less than a Huangwang GSM, otherwise I'm not buying!

Seriously, I hope they have or at least are planning a VoIP model (and I mean real VoIP, not some vendor locked closed thing like Skype). PSTN lines are disappearing fast at least around these parts...

-mika

• 12-14-2008 1:10 PM In reply to

I would like to see another BeoCom made from aluminium and with an original design.

Am I really hearing this right ... a BeoCom with a loudspeaker option! Cannot believe it. 

• 12-14-2008 1:19 PM In reply to

If they intend to integrate loudspeaker to a phone it will cost around 2000 euro Wink

• 12-14-2008 1:21 PM In reply to

Anybody like to buy me right Leg....So I can afford one thenLaughing...

• 12-14-2008 1:26 PM In reply to

I have better option !

I still have two kidneys  Big Smile

• 12-15-2008 6:20 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

nmartin771:

If they intend to integrate loudspeaker to a phone it will cost around 2000 euro Wink

You don't suppose you can connect a Beolab 3 to it? Stick out tongue

• 12-16-2008 2:14 PM In reply to

It sometimes makes me smile to see us all get excited about a new B&O phone, with, wow, a built-in speaker! I'm sure B&O will call it a pioneering concept, when actually all other brands have been offering wireless speaker phones for years now..and B&O is the last to jump in.

Let's hope the BeoCom 5 comes with a backlit keypad as well, like the Jensen phones, I have both a BeoCom 4 and the Jensen T80, and it bothers me to see that I can have a backlit keypad, different ringtones for professional & private contacts, and a loudspeaker, on a phone that is twice less expensive than the B&O one.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-16-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised by just how current the BeoCom 5 turns out to be.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-16-2008 3:20 PM In reply to

Come on Trip....

Tell us something.....Smile

• 12-16-2008 3:47 PM In reply to

It is widely believed that Earth weighs around 6 septillion pounds. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-16-2008 6:51 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I wonder how that relates to the 66 sextillon tons I was taught?

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-16-2008 6:51 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I wonder how that relates to the 66 $extillon tons I was taught?

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-16-2008 8:54 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

It was quite funny, as when i was at the launch of the BS5, we had a tour of the 'technical facility'.. nothing strange until..

Some chap wandered aimlessly past a group of 20 of the worlds leading 'tech journalists' with a BeoCom 5 on a trolley connected to a laptop and not one of them noticed.. apart from me. (insert devil smiley)  Well, they don't know what they're looking for do they? All Pioneer this and Sony that - and they wouldn't know a B&O product if it dropped out of the sky and onto their heads..

I now suppose you would all like to know what it looks like?

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 12-16-2008 9:05 PM In reply to

Depending on what part you're looking at and from what angle, you mights see shapes like a circle, convex lens, hourglass, and half cylinder. Lights? Yes. Aluminum? Yes. LCD display? Yes. Let your imaginations run wild. 

• 12-16-2008 10:54 PM In reply to

"I now suppose you would all like to know what it looks like?"

As my 10 and 12 year old boys would say...DUH?  But I will say yes..please!

Roger

• 12-18-2008 9:13 AM In reply to

Photo please!

.... Ignace? Cool 

Page 1 of 3 (51 items) 1 2 3 Next >