in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-12-2008 4:15 PM by Bv7Mk3. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2008 8:01 AM

BS5 questions

Hi there...

I was wondering if anyone knew if the MOTS can be switched off on the bs5? Also, can an external hard drive be plugged in to increase the storage or is 500gb your lot?

I dont feel the bs5 has enough wow for me to change from my bs9000 - it just doesn't have the drama, presence or theatre of the 9000.

Many thanks....

I wish I was the person my dog thinks I am.
  • 12-11-2008 8:47 AM In reply to

Re: BS5 questions

Sprocket,

You can connect an external Hdd. But not a Usb HDD only a network HDD will work.

The Mots can't switched off. you can make youre own playlists or you can play a whole album.

• 12-11-2008 9:13 AM In reply to

You can have the BS5 + the BS9000 in the same system, they will work together nicely.

Note that only 4 playlists can be configures on the BS5/BM5. They are called by the color buttons.

The other 100 "playlists" are not real playlists as they contain only one song, the BS5 makes up the rest of the playlist with MOTS.

This is what I understand when reading the manual. I find this rather disappointing.

p.

• 12-11-2008 12:25 PM In reply to

Thanks for that...

very disapointing. I have always enjoyed a genuine random playlist jumping from one genre to another. This function is dreadful in bs2 and bs3200 (randon in one colour group only).

I cant understand that for a company that makes no compromise with materials/build quality asks their customers to constantly compromise with functionality. In my opinion, the bs9000 was the benchmark for the CD generation, yet in the digital era, it falls so badly short.

regards

I wish I was the person my dog thinks I am.
  • 12-12-2008 2:30 PM In reply to

I had a look at a BS5 today..I have not got any music system at the mo used to have a 3200 which I loved cos of the hard drive,never used the radio and only the cd to rip and maybe play one or two cd's as I always used the harddrive for the play back.

Id like a BS5 but still thinking about some of the things it can do like the old BM1 as almost got one of those awhile back and this should be better in away cos of the new interface ect.

I was told today that there would be a cd ripping service for £1 each cd if needed and they would be supplied on a drive storage that you conect to the BS5 to up load on to it and when I asked if the two units would be available separatley was told not as I would still have to use the head unit if the box was connected up to a tv for a display  as it would be used in the same room but could always put the head unit in another room and control off the tv if in that room I guess.

The BS5 was very nice to play with and the feel was great the wheel very free and smooth just the control paddle thing  where you change the blue line up and down was a little put offing but I guess you need to get used to that!

I asked as well about the new DSM sound module,was told don't now anything about it.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 12-12-2008 3:18 PM In reply to

new DSM sound module??

What's that.Huh?

• 12-12-2008 4:15 PM In reply to

Its a new sound module for the Bv7,9 and Bs 3 thats ment to be an upgrade at some time. Its just something I dropped in when I was posting.

There is a thread on it.

Go look at the thread

info about the new "adaptive sound technology.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)