in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-12-2008 4:36 PM by Daniel. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2008 5:23 PM

Beovision 7-52

A friend of mine told me that he had heard a rumour that BO would launch a Beovision 7-52 that would be available both with floor stand and wall mount. Have anyone else heard anything similar ?

If it´s true I would be thinking of selling my 7-40 and get the bigger one instead. The dealers I have been in contact with ( Copenhagen, Stockholm and Umeå ) claims that there will be no new television releases under 2009.

Best regards

Hans

• 12-10-2008 5:29 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Re: Beovision 7-52

if there was a 52" i woudl think about it as the 40 is fine but just a little small compared to most modern day tv's

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-10-2008 9:42 PM In reply to

We've heard rumors about this, but it seemed to be based more on the fact that we were exploiting other Samsung panels to base our televisions off of. You've seen the BeoVision 8-26 & 32 (the rumors are about that old), and will soon (relatively speaking) see the BeoVision 8-40. As time goes by, it seems more and more like we'll continue to develop the BeoVision 9 rather than rebuild the chassis and stand options for the BeoVision 7-52. Especially with belts tightening, it seems unlikely we'd devote production runs to a stand program just to gain 2" in our mid-size model.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-10-2008 11:08 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Well Trip that's all well and good, and well reasoned...

but let's admit that the BV-9 is somewhat akin (given the season) to Tiny Tim, and God Bess 'im the sooner he's put down the better.  The BV-7 has already killed off the BV-4 37" & 42", I think it's up for one more fight. 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-11-2008 1:17 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

RussR:

but let's admit that the BV-9 is somewhat akin (given the season) to Tiny Tim, and God Bess 'im the sooner he's put down the better.  The BV-7 has already killed off the BV-4 37" & 42", I think it's up for one more fight. 

Yeah right! BV9 won't be axed, that's just silly. Why would they replace a product that no-one complains about and only praises, with a product that has had a rocky history with user opinions...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 12-11-2008 2:16 AM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

I realize that Samsung panels are used in the BV-7, but I think (not absolutely positive, though) that B&O uses Sharp panels in the BV-8s.  If this is the case, I think Sharp's new "limited edition" large Aquos LCD panels are getting some good press.  Heck, they even look like B&O TVs with a speaker (designed by Pioneer) hanging under them that too coincidentally mimics a BL-4.2

I wonder if B&O would consider using these Sharp panels in a future TV.  In reading some of the audio / visual forums, it would seem that the Sharp LCD panels have had a somewhat notorious reputation for banding and other IQ issues in the past.  However, the new "limited edition" panels seem to be well received.

As an aside, I know that the general consensus on this forum is that B&O should stick with plasma for larger flat panels, but if Sharp or Samsung can even moderately improve some of the IQ limitations (particularly with SD sources), I'd be interested in a larger B&O LCD as I feel LCD's attributes outweigh their "cons". 

Mark D
  • 12-11-2008 6:03 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Dave:
    RussR:

Yeah right! BV9 won't be axed, that's just silly. Why would they replace a product that no-one complains about and only praises, with a product that has had a rocky history with user opinions...

No-one complains about?  Really?  I'll start.  Let me lay out the 2 largest complaints there are about the BV-9:

1)  B&O are asking their dealers to sell the only 50" flat panel TV on the planet which can not be hung on a wall.

2)  B&O are asking their dealers to sell the only 50" TV on the planet with a monaural speaker system.  Which I believe is technically illegal in the US.

The BV-9 is based on exactly the same technical platform as the BV-7 40/MK 3...and has been subject to the same software issues...the white flashes, 'Crash-to-Off',  non-support of 24fps...and all the rest.  Compared to the tv it replaced, the BV-5, it is clearly a step backwards in practical terms.  

The only reason I can imagine that it hasn't suffered the same verbal evisceration here as its cousins the 4's and 7/US/MK-3 is that no-one on these forums has ever seriously considered one as a stand-alone TV.

A BV-7 52 can't come soon enough.

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 12-11-2008 8:21 PM In reply to

If the BeoVision 9 is discontinued that will be one less place to hide during our in-store hide & seek games. Reason enough to keep it around. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-11-2008 8:28 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

There vill not be any BV7-52 !!

The model name is reveled and the name is: Beovision 7-55  = 55"...

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 12-12-2008 4:53 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

RussR:

1)  B&O are asking their dealers to sell the only 50" flat panel TV on the planet which can not be hung on a wall.

2)  B&O are asking their dealers to sell the only 50" TV on the planet with a monaural speaker system.  Which I believe is technically illegal in the US.

Are you from the USSR? What do you not like with the possibilities to make your own decisions as a costomer?

1. What if I still want a TV as a furniture (or an art sculpture), and don´t want to stare at the wall? Maybe there´s no place on the wall!

2. I have already front speakers (left and right). When I buy a new TV I just need a center speaker (and two rear speakers) to get 5.1. If that should be forbidden in the US I would start a religion for mono speakers "Death to stereo sound, it´s the act of Satan! Devil". Do you still think it would be forbidden to watch TV in mono?

Do you really beleive customers complain about this when they can get a BV4 with BL 7.2 if they want a 50'' B&O plasma on the wall with a stereo speaker? Huh?

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 12-12-2008 6:49 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Hi Daniel,

Didn't mean to imply that it might be illegal to listen to TV in Mono, only that it might be illegal to sell one that size without Stereo speakers...as to folks being 'told' what to do, we did just elect a Democrat to the White House, we'll see. ;-) 

You make 2 fine points, and in the case of your first point, the BV-9 makes placing it on the floor possible, with a classic appearance.  If you already have all of the other pieces needed for a surround sound system, and only lack the Center channel speaker, the receiver and the TV, then, yes, sure the BV-9 ought to get a look....but imagine that you're starting from scratch, or that you are looking for one of those flat TV's and don't want surround sound (I think there are a few customers like that), how do you look at the price of the BV-9, and NOT explode in a 355f-ian rage at B&O's suicidal arrogance?  Customers aren't complaining about the BV-9, they're ignoring it, and going straight to the BV-4, in droves.

I think that the BV-9 is a beautiful object, and when used as a solution to one or two specific problems it is wonderful...but it is a small-niche product, even by B&O standards. 

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 12-12-2008 4:36 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Hi Russ!

I see your points and understand them, but I don't think the customers complain about BV9. Neglect maybe, but not ranting.

Cheers, Beer

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)