in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-13-2008 4:09 AM by mawheele. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2008 3:11 PM

Sky HD and BV7 mkIII

I have a BV7 MKIII and have just added Sky. My BV software is edition 3 point something. What do people think I should set the sky box to on its output...1080 or Auto?

Do I need to plug in the coax sound for 5.1? And what should I set the TV sound to be?

If I ditch the scart, will I still be able to see the output on my link TVs?

thanks

• 12-11-2008 2:51 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: Sky HD and BV7 mkIII

gordongofer:

I have a BV7 MKIII and have just added Sky. My BV software is edition 3 point something. What do people think I should set the sky box to on its output...1080 or Auto?

Do I need to plug in the coax sound for 5.1? And what should I set the TV sound to be?

If I ditch the scart, will I still be able to see the output on my link TVs?

thanks

First thing you need to do is to get the BV7 updated to SW 5.02.

/Weebyx

• 12-11-2008 5:24 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Nonsense. If the BeoVision works fine for gordongofer at the moment, then there's absolutely no reason to update the software.

The TV will need to be connected by HDMI and Scart. The Scart will supply the image to be piped round the house. Set the Sky box to 1080 - the BBC have now started broadcasting in 1080p which is a big step up from the 1080i we had before...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-11-2008 5:57 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Nonsense. If the BeoVision works fine for gordongofer at the moment, then there's absolutely no reason to update the software.

The TV will need to be connected by HDMI and Scart. The Scart will supply the image to be piped round the house. Set the Sky box to 1080 - the BBC have now started broadcasting in 1080p which is a big step up from the 1080i we had before...

According to the thread regarding the 4.24 error, especially the Sky Boxes are causing problems, but as you say, since he is not using 4.24 then the crash to off error will not exist, however there could be some problems regarding on/off sync off the Sky HD box with earlier versions that 5.02.

BUT, if i had SW 3. something then i would always get the latest SW. 3.someting is old.

Gordongofer : try to connect your Sky box, and if you are experiencing funny things, then get the tv updated to 5.02.

/Weebyx

• 12-11-2008 6:05 AM In reply to

The BBC might be recording in 1080p, but I really doubt they're broadcasting in it.  The bandwidth required is a huge step up, and a BBC HD blog from the end of November says the transmission bandwidth has remained the same since it was launched.

• 12-13-2008 4:09 AM In reply to

Hi all,

The best advice is to stay on 3.5 (which was the first release for the mkIII) until the next release. DONT UPGRADE to 5.02. It is known by B&O that there is a specific bug with the BS3 chassis systems with Sky HD boxes and they are having continuing issues. There is no current reported timeline for the next release, but its the one scheduled with the Sky HD fixes.

Staying on 3.5 will leave you with several little bugs - but by comparison with the 4.x release cycle, you'll be a lot happier. B&O's software engineering certainly took several steps back this year either in trying to develop new features like 24p and not testing properly or the QA team is not where is needs to be.

The key issue with 3.5 will be the white flash with 1080P content and the position of the TV being lost from time to time + several other minor issues. But for normal TV and DVD you'll be just fine. In many regards, I wish I'd left mine there.

Best, Mark.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)