in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-10-2008 8:54 AM by BeoSoto. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2008 5:08 PM

is it an age thing

Hi .not very often i have my  say, too shy, but this i have to say has opened my opion about b&o ,and its service., On Saturday i recieved a letter from my local, no names ,said at this point/ an offer which seemed tooo good to be true, a list of variouse items FOR SALE ,lets say , inflaited prices, but with the worm, a Serenata mobile phone.. for free// £950.

Good deal, wanting a set of 600 speakers ,at 1650- 950= 700pounds sterling

Only to collect the speakers on Monday with no packing in the rain and a young assistant placing them in my car , the drive on the way home not good.

Upon my return home in the cold light of day, the 6000 were not as described, flawless they were not several scratches an even the fretts were not in place properly. SO Why is the sevice not there? is it that these` young assistants do not care(?for their jobs, or do they not give a dam because they think they can walk into another job ,, not so easy now .. that credit crunch)???????????What is wrong any ideas?

• 12-09-2008 5:15 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Re: is it an age thing

Perhaps it is as one grows older that one appreciates just how difficult it is to earn money.  Someone young, living at home with parents perhapd, is likley to have a high disposable income - ie all of it! 

Service is hard to find - but if one does then it is usually rewarded with repeat business.

Brian

• 12-09-2008 5:27 PM In reply to

I dissagree if i do work, or install,  for a client it is 100% right the client pays for that/ it is not the point ,b&o, tany pc world ,you pay for what you expect, in b&o a lot*
  • 12-09-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I'm not one to defend poor dealers if this is the case, and sorry to put a damper on your lament, but did you not actually check the speakers before you bought them? Unsure

By the look of it, they were £300 off list and with a £950 Serenata thrown in it strikes me as a bit of a bargain to be honest! - but i could be wrong. I assume that the speakers were absolutely trashed beyond economical repair?

Lee 

Indifferent 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 12-09-2008 5:34 PM In reply to

No it will not be repeat buisness
  • 12-09-2008 5:48 PM In reply to

You are right ,at £700 they were not,TRASHED but at £ 750 they were not what i expected from b&o, they said ex demo , asked all the usual questions ,any scratches, dints etc. No perfect./ NO NO NO they were not A bargin NO NO NO lets face its, not B&O, SALES .SALES STAFF, THATS WHAT WILL SINK B&OT
  • 12-09-2008 6:07 PM In reply to

Do you live at home with your parents ? why should that make a difference to you work ethic, to your client?

Please tell.

Paul

• 12-09-2008 6:10 PM In reply to

I would return everything for a refund.  If you are unhappy now, you will always be unhappy with these purchases.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 12-09-2008 6:24 PM In reply to

I agree ,but from b&o, there sould be no refu??nds,  the products they produce the best in the world, or as money can buy, with the best srevice, service NO

Why not take a grip on their sales abrode? ie uk etc. does them no favours(some 17 yr old does not give a damn in a sales shop) WHYll because i do not know?

• 12-09-2008 6:40 PM In reply to

Are the dealers so poor?

• 12-09-2008 6:47 PM In reply to

i am getting old and my pound notes are getting smaller

• 12-09-2008 7:03 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Not entirely sure where this thread is going...

You don't want to take them back or do anything about it, but you're desperately disappointed because your £700 speakers were scratched and the 17 year old assistant didn't take it upon himself to override the salesman or sales manager and refuse to sell you them?

Am i missing the point?  If so, please.. help me understand. As linder quite rightly said, take them back for a refund!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 12-09-2008 8:32 PM In reply to

Lee, is there a full moon over the UK this evening? 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-09-2008 8:42 PM In reply to

• Pault1965
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-22-2008
    • Rogiet, South Wales
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

It would appear soooooooooooo Devil
  • 12-10-2008 4:38 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

I echo what others have already said - if you're buying ANYTHING (not just B&O), make sure it's in the condition described before handing over your cash!

£750 for a pair of nearly new BeoLab 6000 and a brand new Serenata sounds like a fantastic deal to me - so if the speakers have a few small marks I'd just grin and bear it.

Fair enough - your dealer may have misdescribed them, and you may want to take the matter up with them first - but they were ex-demo, which doesn't always mean that they are untouched - these are the speakers which customers will have looked at, handled and listened to for a year or so before you bought them!

Maybe post some photos of the damage for us all to see, as I think some people are struggling to understand your angst with the persons involved - if it's that bad, let's see!

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 12-10-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

A14BEO:

I echo what others have already said - if you're buying ANYTHING (not just B&O), make sure it's in the condition described before handing over your cash!

£750 for a pair of nearly new BeoLab 6000 and a brand new Serenata sounds like a fantastic deal to me - so if the speakers have a few small marks I'd just grin and bear it.

Fair enough - your dealer may have misdescribed them, and you may want to take the matter up with them first - but they were ex-demo, which doesn't always mean that they are untouched - these are the speakers which customers will have looked at, handled and listened to for a year or so before you bought them!

Maybe post some photos of the damage for us all to see, as I think some people are struggling to understand your angst with the persons involved - if it's that bad, let's see!

Hello Matt , I totally agree with your "anti-hysteric" and pragmatic position (same as Lee one)  Yes -  thumbs up

After the 8 Paullumsden1's distress post (not always easy to translate) I'm now looking forward to carefully look at those "damages" pictures Hmm

• 12-10-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

• BeoSoto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-31-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

YES, show us some pictures! Remember paullumsden1, when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is not true... Plus, all 17 year olds whether male or female, have to begin working at some point, just like ALL of us! Give him / her a break, or simply try and help. Do you remember when you were 17?
    Relax, it's a jungle out there!
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)