in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-09-2008 5:06 AM by stotty1111. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2008 4:22 PM

Help required for a new member please

I have just purchased a rather nice Ovuerture Stereo with the matching 2500 Active speakers if any kind soul can answer these questions Id appreciate it

looking in the instruction manual it shows that the Stero can be connected with three leads using th same current these are Female and male ( what I call tape lead connectors ) mine just has three tape leads with three seperate plugs one for the main unit and one each for the Speakers

Were can I get these leads from ie. two of the female to male leads

My second question is

How do you remove the speaker Grills ( I aint got a clue ) and likewise for the glass panels to clean behind, im frighterned of smashing the glass pulling to hard , so have yet to attempt it

And FInally is there a supplier who makes an aluminium insert to cover over the tape recorder bit as I dont use it

Oh I forgot " Is it possible to turn the lights off to save energy

Cheers Eddy 

• 12-08-2008 4:31 PM In reply to

Re: Help required for a new member please

May I ask where you bought it from/why isn't the original owner assisting you?  Was it placed in a Beosystem bracket originally? 
  • 12-08-2008 4:36 PM In reply to

At radioogtveksperten.dk or +45 40165521

Oh I forgot " Is it possible to turn the lights off to save energy

Yes. Turn of the power....Big Smile

How do you remove the speaker Grills ( I aint got a clue ) and likewise for the glass panels to clean behind, im frighterned of smashing the glass pulling to hard , so have yet to attempt it

Regarding the grills; it depends. Are the alu covers or som form of fabric? The glass pulling i would go to a shop and get demonstrated. 

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 12-08-2008 4:37 PM In reply to

The original owner sold me it , I phoned him to ask about removing the doors he said you gently pull them outwards when open im not to keen on pulling them as I may break something, they dont need cleaning at the moment.

If you could help with the other questions as the instruction booklet suggests you can attach three cables from Speaker to speaker then speaker to amp and then from the speaker to the mains.

id like to get two if these special two ended leads one with and in and one with an out end.

• 12-08-2008 4:40 PM In reply to

thats exactly what im looking for to cover the tape section although id like one which is the same colour as the cd clamp

the speaker grills are cloth

• 12-08-2008 4:47 PM In reply to

You seem to have a wiring diagram for the unit used in a bracket which accomodates the speakers - individual power leads and speaker leads will do.

When the power is off detach the doors by gently easing them from the outside edge towards you - exerting pressure inwards or towards the centre of the stereo.  You perhaps should have bought a 2300 or 3000 if you don't want the tape mech.

Hope this helps

• 12-08-2008 5:03 PM In reply to

You need a short cable set which your dealer should be able to order still. Comprises two short powerlink cables and two short mains leads. Was designed for using the system in a wall bracket with only one mains connection for the whole system and the other cables hidden in the bracket.

Regards Graham

• 12-09-2008 5:06 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

powerlink cables - try iconic b/ham uk do a google seach can't find their address at the moment he has the 4 lead set on offer for £30 + p&p - you will just need a long power lead from elsewhere or you may already have one

glass removal - place machime on soft and thick material , mine came off by pulling outside edges gently outwards the clips then spring free(ie side edges!)

speaker frets - 2 x blunt knives gently insert in middle of top and bottom edges and gently lift the frame outwards - should spring free(knives inserted about 10 - 12 mm (1/2")

tony s

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)