in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-09-2008 9:58 AM by mjmedlo. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2008 2:19 PM

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

BeoVision 8 vs. BeoVision 7

Anyone have any advice for me?

I have a small office, about 8 wide and 16 long, that I want a panel to link to in. . .

I have a BV9 as primary video and a BS9k as primary audio master.  I want to get some

panel to put in the office along with it.  I can get a decent deal on a BV7 with no speaker but am wondering

if it's overkill?? The BV8 is a pretty reasonably priced panel but I'm not familiar with any of the details of it?

Anyone have any suggestions or personal experience with both?

thanks

MJM 

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 12-08-2008 2:29 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 8 vs. BeoVision 7

Have you considered the BC6 or the BV6? My dealer has a BC6 as computer monitor, and I really looks amazing!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 12-08-2008 3:06 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I've got to get something US compatible

• 12-08-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

I would go for the BV7. Seen compared i think the picture is more alive on a BV7.

Theres no pricedifference from BV8-32 and BV7-32 without DVD, but can you buy BV7-32 without the DVD in US?

BMGHB

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 12-08-2008 8:30 PM In reply to

The blacks are better on the BeoVision 7 and overall it is a much better TV than the BeoVision 8. I also think it will hold its value better if you decide you no longer need it in the future. On the other hand, you may decide in the future to use the TV more and in a different room. At this point the BeoVision 7 would be the best buy. Of course you need to take the price of the two into consideration as bought new, the BeoVision 7 (including BeoLab 7.1) is over double the price of the BeoVision 8.
  • 12-09-2008 6:56 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

I have a similar setup, and use BeoCenter 6-26 and BV8-32 as link tv's.

From a technical point of view: DVD and STB signals are distributed using RF (of course), so the difference in picture quality is fairly small. The BV8-32 has a lot more punch (bass) on offer, so it will fill a larger room with great sound - both from TV and from any audio source. In order to compete, a BV7 will have to be supplied with the BL 7-1. The contrast / AR screen on the BC6 is very usefull in rooms with large windows, but the BV8 is not far off the mark.

From a design point of view: If you wall mount it and need to turn it, the wall solutions for the BC6 and BV7 are neater and look much better. If you can live with it flat on the wall, the BV8-32 looks quite cool and less intrusive (when parallel with the wall, the BC6/BV7 will stand out due to the technical nature of the stands).

The BV8-32 is a decent size and comes with a great speaker system, an excellent link TV.

Roger

• 12-09-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Thank you all very much. . .I am leaning toward the BV8 as a link TV in a bedroom and picking up a BS4 for the other bedroom.  I have a 3500 which I think will end up in the office.

As usual everyone is very helpful and prompt.

Thanks 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)