in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-11-2008 1:38 PM by Beofan2. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2008 4:19 AM

400 Preorders in DK

Hi, regarding a salesman there were 400 preorders made at the launch in Denmark.

There is also some sort of process in the shops for incoming thoughts during the periode up to delivery so perhaps there will be some changes made in the firts products to ship in march.

I tested it more deep yesterday, I must say I really liked it and it will deliver what I need at this moment.

Best regard Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 12-08-2008 9:55 AM In reply to

Re: 400 Preorders in DK

I agree - I like it more and more as I get to play with it at the dealer.

400 preorders - is that more or less than antecipated? Is it selling well in other markets - any dealers out there who could let us know how customers have received the BS5 so far?

• 12-08-2008 6:04 PM In reply to

I think it will be a successful product. B&O has not released a new product like this for some time, so why not.But I would not necessarily trust this figure, unless you are sure of your source. It is a common trick used buy sellers, to make you feel like other people trust the product, so you should.It reminds me of this anecdote... Once my dad was told he should buy a modem so that the software company could support his IT system remotely. "Sir you are the only pharmacist in the region who haven't bought it", he was told.So he bought the modem.One day, the IT system had a problem and he called the support centre. He informed the technician that he had the modem so they could connect. The technician replied that he didn't know how to connect to the mode,, because my dad was the only pharmacist who had it in the region!!p.
  • 12-09-2008 4:50 AM In reply to

• plagente
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Albi (France)
    • Posts 137
    • Silver Member

Quite impressive !!!

I won't buy a BS5 for many reasons I won't explain here, but if this number is true, I'm very impressed.

400 PREORDERS in ONE month in ONE country, is a huge huge number in my opinion, especialy when you consider that the demo devices in shops are very limited

Is that true, we can consider that B&O still has the "love effect".

http://p-lagente.blogspot.com/

• 12-11-2008 7:11 AM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Unless that's an official press statement, noone should trust the number.

Historically though B&O sales have always been enormous is Denmark compared to other contries. Does anyone on the forum have official numbers on other products that we could compare the alleged 400 to? 

• 12-11-2008 1:38 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

200 was preordered at the launch in the Opera alone. So far my own dealer has approx 25 preorders, 8 was ordered at the VIP meeting. I have no reason not to trust him. I´m been a customer for 10 years and he´s always very honest talking with me. In that context 400 isn´t a huge number.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)