in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2008 1:12 AM by YannChris. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2008 3:01 AM

Results of last weeks Beo5 Poll and future Poll

Last week the poll focused on the configuring of the Beo5 and just 32 members voted and out of these no dealers charged for additional configuration changes.

Two members (6.3%) showed that they were totally satisified with the setup the dealer had done, but this number is a little mis-leading because so many members who voted had the Configuration Software and set the Beo5 up themselves.

72% or 23 of the 32 members who voted have the Beo5 Configuration software with 40% being given it by their dealers.

The next Beo5 poll will be after Christmas, but that poll will be based on the feedback from the following question:-

QUESTION -- What feature(s) or enhancement would you like to see in a Mark II version of the Beo5 ?

Please be reasonable and practical when answering taking into account what is most likely to be of greatest advantage/benefit to customers which would increase product sales for B&O and their dealers by introducing such proposed features and/or enhancements

Regards Keith....

• 12-09-2008 3:42 AM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 85
    • Founder

Re: Results of last weeks Beo5 Poll and future Poll

Hi Keith,

I have been following the Beo5 discussions with much intrests, and after you guys made the 3.rd party xml gen i have gotten a renewd interest in it.

The one thing that for me is a showstopper, is the lack of abillity to navigate the music I have stored on the PC. If I was able to browse my N.music from the Beo5, preferrably through wifi I would go and get one immediatly.

Br

Thomas

7-40 Mk3, Beo5/Beo4, Avant32DVD, BS3K, PentaIII, BL4K, BL Active w/BL2500, Avant28CTV,Beoport, AppleTV, 2xBC6K

• 12-14-2008 5:24 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hello Keith,

I would add the ability of "learning" codes from third-party devices, then export them in the the config tool to create xml files.

This was posible when I had a Pronto, so I created a complete ccf file for my B&O setup.

You made a really great job with the xlm generator and I thank you for creating such a tool for us, but in my case I have no way to capture what "goes" out of my old tvix remote control so I cannot use the generator.

Thanks again for all you do for us,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 12-14-2008 5:33 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

For me, a great improvement is necessary and would be costless for B&O:

It's to deliver the config-tool with the product, with an automatic update of the software/firmware on a dedicated server.

Then the customer can choose to program the remote by itself OR have it programmed by the dealer for a reasonable price.

When one see that:

- most Beo5 users "cheated" in order to get the config tool

- that others did not buy the product because the config tool was not available,

- that only a few dealers charged for programming the unit,

it's very easy to think that the present marketing model does not work as expected.

Yann.

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 12-14-2008 6:15 AM In reply to

In the next version of the Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator it is hoped we will be providing the ability to convert Pronto ccf files to Beo5 XML files

Regards Keith....

• 12-15-2008 1:12 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hello Keith.

This would be huge!

There is a large ccf files library available on remotecentral.com

Thanks again for your work,

Yann.

P.S. Keith, I posted a question in the Beo5 forum that you are the only one to be able to answer. If you can have a look...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)