in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-07-2008 7:54 AM by KingOfSnake. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2008 3:19 PM

• wig77
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-06-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

which bang and olufsen??????????????

i have recentley beeen promoted at work with a substantial pay increase and have always said i would treat myself to a bang and olufsen system but dont know which one to choose.

The requirements i need to have are as follows

1 i woluld like a flat panel touch screen to control it. (wall mounted preferably)

2 small speakers to mount in the corner of my room (almost unnoticeable) or some other almost invisible speaker

3 the ability to store songs and or movies (big hard drive ???)

4 to look awesome

pleaase help me

• 12-06-2008 3:27 PM In reply to

Re: which bang and olufsen??????????????

Try this

http://www.touchdiva.com/

well B&O make the amps.

• 12-06-2008 3:39 PM In reply to

Have a look at the Beosound 5, it will be released in spring but is available to see in store.

It's got a bit hard drive and can store songs and videos (but you have to transfer them from your PC).

The videos would play on your TV, not on the interface itself.

It plays internet radios as well.

It does not play CDs and FM radios, as it is entirely for digital music.

Its interface is a flat screen, it is not a touch screen, but uses a 3 aluminum wheels and looks really nice.

For speakers, the smallest one (but still powerful) are the Beolab 3, however, some other B&O speakers are not discreet but beautiful, so you don't need to hide them.

p. 

• 12-06-2008 3:50 PM In reply to

LOL, I guess you ditched the Touchscreen requirement.  But I ditched the B&O (apart from the amps) so we're equal.
  • 12-06-2008 4:05 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I would pick up on the speaker requirement - BL3's are ideal!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-06-2008 4:13 PM In reply to

wig77:

i have recentley beeen promoted at work with a substantial pay increase and have always said i would treat myself to a bang and olufsen system but dont know which one to choose.

The requirements i need to have are as follows

1 i woluld like a flat panel touch screen to control it. (wall mounted preferably)

2 small speakers to mount in the corner of my room (almost unnoticeable) or some other almost invisible speaker

3 the ability to store songs and or movies (big hard drive ???)

4 to look awesome

pleaase help me

To be honest, B&O are lagging in this area. The BS5 will not work for video at this time and is not touch sensitive. I would actually go for a B&O AV system but use another make of media center which will work with it. Beolab 3s sound like the speakers for you allied with a sub woofer and a Beovision 9 would be the choice of TV. 

• 12-06-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I wouldn't want to go for speakers which 'virtually' disappear in the corners of the room. The only company which does this is Bose, and their speakers aren't exactly... Hi-Fi (with all greatest respect to the company).

You may disagree with me here, but I find touchscreens boring. Have a play with the BeoSound 5 and see what you think. It doesn't do videos, but as yet, it's IMO the best digital-media based platform to use out there.

Video capability is IMO, a 'sit down at the sofa' thing, for which a more conventional remote control does job perfectly well when controlling say, an Apple TV.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-06-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

Beosound 5 is sold with a black box called Beomaster 5, which when connected to the TV can display video, according to the specs. No one has seen it working as shops I have visited have not connected the Beomaster 5 to a TV yet. 

Supported formats include WMA, WMA Lossless, MP3, WAV, ASF and AAC, together with internet radio streams in WMA, MP3, ASX and M3U.  It will also show video in MPEG, MPE, MPG, AVI, WMV and VFW formats.  500GB is enough room for over 28,000 songs stored losslessly.

You can see it along with the speakers here:

http://www.slashgear.com/bang-olufsen-beosound-5-digital-music-system-1222388/ 

• 12-06-2008 4:36 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Wasn't his first requirement a touchscreen??Erm

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-06-2008 4:41 PM In reply to

B&O does not do touch screen, so there is going to be some compromise... non?

• 12-06-2008 7:18 PM In reply to

.....buy a second hand BL7000 terminal.
    10%
  • 12-07-2008 6:47 AM In reply to

I think you need to look at other makes. B&O don't have what you seek.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-07-2008 7:54 AM In reply to

................ like http://www.touchdiva.com/ - seems to tick all the boxes - unsure if it has var. pre-outs (I think not).
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)