in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-03-2009 3:58 PM by Alsfeld. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2008 4:03 AM

BV7-40 MK3, red standby LED blinks

It first started recently, 30secs after switching off the TV the red LED starts blinking. I do have a PIN code attach to the TV, but the power was never disconnected.

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thanks,

Tim

• 12-04-2008 4:56 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: BV7-40 MK3, red standby LED blinks

Maybe a Masterlink problem. Disconnect the mains for about one minute and reconnect. Everything should be fine now.

Stefan 

• 12-04-2008 5:02 AM In reply to

Hi and Thanks for the reply Stefan.

I did, and it did go away, ok, it wasnt 1 minute... but the thing is that a couple days later it happened again...

Ill try it for a minute today... strange...

• 12-04-2008 5:11 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Hi Tim

I think it can be a software issue. Look what the new software fixes:

Build 433 (H8 SW 5.02). Support for DVB-HD. Teletext in P-P gives TV+TV. Intermittent loss of the PUC Table.

New features:

1. Support for DVB-HD (only released in some markets).
    2. A of this SW release, the TV menus are black instead of grey and are placed on the left side of the screen. There is no change in meno structure and function.

Symptom:

1. Teletext in P-a-P gives TV + TV
    2. Intermittent loss of the PUC Table
    3. Standby led is blinking <-----------------
    4. ACM bar opticallt too narrow

Cause

1. The M2 porcessor was disconnected due to illegal communication. The problem is now fully solved.
    2. The M2 porcessor was disconnected due to illegal communication. The problem is now fully solved.
    3. A powering down problem in the DVF-module. Error not seen on build 433 during test.
    4. When implementing a larger screen, the Auto Color Management bar became a bit too narrow. This does not influence the Automatic Colour Management function.

Solution:

To all above problems, please update to build 433.

Compatibility:

The build is "internally compatible". This means that you must use the entire build when updating the software, do not mix parts of the software with other builds.

Quim

• 12-04-2008 5:12 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

timhanna:

It first started recently, 30secs after switching off the TV the red LED starts blinking. I do have a PIN code attach to the TV, but the power was never disconnected.

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thanks,

Tim

I reported the blinking LED to my dealer months ago, and with the new 5.02 SW it should be solved.

Build 433 (H8 SW 5.02). Support for DVB-HD. Teletext in P-P gives TV+TV. Intermittent loss of the PUC Table.

Symptom:

1. Teletext in P-a-P gives TV + TV
    2. Intermittent loss of the PUC Table
    3. Standby led is blinking
    4. ACM bar opticallt too narrow

Cause

1. The M2 porcessor was disconnected due to illegal communication. The problem is now fully solved.
    2. The M2 porcessor was disconnected due to illegal communication. The problem is now fully solved.
    3. A powering down problem in the DVF-module. Error not seen on build 433 during test.
    4. When implementing a larger screen, the Auto Color Management bar became a bit too narrow. This does not influence the Automatic Colour Management function.

Solution:

To all above problems, please update to build 433.

/Weebyx

• 12-04-2008 5:14 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Quim43:

Hi Tim

I think it can be a software issue. Look what the new software fixes:

Damn, you beat me to it :)

/Weebyx

• 12-04-2008 5:22 AM In reply to

Guys, I really thank you all for it!

Ah, on the phone again to get this mess sorted!

• 12-04-2008 7:07 AM In reply to

Tim, sorry to offer a non-technical and software related solution, but I have experienced this problem with low voltage lighting and electrical inteference from other IR emitting sources.  Do you have any nearby?
  • 12-04-2008 8:25 AM In reply to

Hi KingOfSnake,

Thanks for your response! Well, I do have a cabinet full of: an STB box, PSTN base, router and something else, but not light sources to be honest... :S

Im in the process of arranging a visit by b+o to upgrade the software, under warrenty, mmmaaaaybe it will fix it.

Thanks agian

• 12-29-2008 4:10 AM In reply to

Hope everyone had a great Xmas!

Sorry, for not posting the solution, the answer is to upgrade to SW 5.02, all, working great.

• 12-29-2008 5:45 AM In reply to

Yes, get 5.02 installed. I got a BV7-40 last summer and to be honest, i was disappointed with both it, and the Beo5.( used with a sky box).

I have now had the update from SW3.24 and everything works well. Its like a new TV. Frankly, I'm a bit p***ed off that Beoworld was the only place I found out about the software upgrade, and even then had to twist my dealers arm. 

• 02-03-2009 10:15 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

gordongofer:
    I have now had the update from SW3.24 and everything works well. Its like a new TV. Frankly, I'm a bit p***ed off that Beoworld was the only place I found out about the software upgrade, and even then had to twist my dealers arm. 

Not surprised you are br*wned off! It has been a known issue for some time now. Who is is the dealer?

Name and shameStick out tongue

• 02-03-2009 3:58 PM In reply to

I have the same problem with my Beovision 9, SW: 3,1.

After 30secs sometime the red LED strats blinking. When I press the red turn-off button it stops blinking. Sometimes I have to repeat this procedures two to three times.

Should I change the software?
    Does the blinking heard the TV?   -  I really don't care if the red LED blinks or shines.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)