in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-04-2008 6:29 AM by tournedos. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-03-2008 9:25 AM

Heated Gloves (Very much Off Topic)

Anybody out there tried any heated gloves?  I see Maplins market some & Maplins is often recommended on here so that is a very weak excuse for posting here.  Any info' gratefully received.

John

• 12-03-2008 9:55 AM In reply to

Re: Heated Gloves (Very much Off Topic)

The problem with them usually is that they don't heat too much and still consume the batteries very fast.

Try if you can find chemical heating pads somewhere. The are small fabric "pillows" filled with some kind of an iron compound. Once you unwrap them and they get in contact with air, they get surprisingly warm and stay that way for hours. There are at least two sizes, one to put in the boots and one for gloves. They have saved my day on more than one occasion Smile

-mika

• 12-03-2008 10:10 AM In reply to

Many thanks for quick reply.  You are certainly in the right country to know about these things.

Regards,

John

• 12-03-2008 10:31 AM In reply to

I haven't had any of these for a long time, but I think these are just the pads I've used in the past:

http://www.amazon.com/Heatmax-Hot-Hands-Handwarmer-pairs/dp/B0007ZF4OA

Armed with the brand name, you might also find them locally. I'm sure there are others as well. Happy outdooring Smile

-mika

• 12-03-2008 11:34 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Why "Off Topic"? It's Wednesday, isn't it? Wink

P.S.: I'll be late tonight again, I'm going to a concert... See you later!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 12-04-2008 6:01 AM In reply to

Thanks for additional info'.  I've now ordered from Amazon.  We head for the Alps early next year & my dear wife really suffers with cold hands so, hopefully, these will solve the problem.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

John

• 12-04-2008 6:29 AM In reply to

If you're going by plane, it might be a good idea to check in advance with the airline where and how to pack these, the new safety regulations might have something to say about them...

Have a nice trip! I might be there myself again next March, hopefully with better clothing and winter tyres Laughing

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)