in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-04-2008 1:27 PM by Medogsfat. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2008 4:09 PM

Beogram CDX 2 CD Player

Hi

I am looking to purchase a CD player which is compatible with a Beocenter 4000 and wondered if anyone knew if the CDX2 was compatible?  If not, can anyone recommend anything else?

Many thanks

Deb

Filed under: ,
  • 12-02-2008 4:56 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram CDX 2 CD Player

Hello Deb

Either a CDX or CDX2 would be ideal in this role. Indeed, the CDX was often partnered with the Beocenter 4000 when new (assuming you have the 80s version), and would make an ideal match cosmetically.

Try and go for a CDX, as the CDX2 has a less reliable laser mechanism from memory. 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 12-03-2008 1:43 PM In reply to

The CDX2 has Datalink and 16bit converter while CDX has 14bit converter and RCA plugs.

I've been looking at the manual for the double cassete version on site and as that type of Beocenter 4000 does not have Datalink you would be better of with a CDX unless you plan to go with a Datalink B&O system at some point.

Datalink is for the systems to kind of talk to each other so you would just use one touch to start a Beogram or Beocord as an example.

The CDX is a great sounding machine. Left hinge might break and some after soldering comes with the age but its nothing when you know about Beoworld. The laser is very strong and I can't recall any CDX troubles with laser faults on this forum.

It's 14bits but its a wonderfull kind of analog sound to it and many owners here me included recommends it highly. It compares very well to standards of today and outperforms them too. The highend is not as shrill. Keep in mind that CDR's is after the CDX family were born so not all players might be able to play them. My CDx does but it depends on the machine itself.

• 12-03-2008 3:34 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

The CDX2 doesn't actually have datalink Friedmett, it has the exact same functions & output connections as the CDX. The first B&O datalink (remote controllable) CD player was the CD50 which is very much akin to the CDX when it comes to sound. Not one for the weak hearted though when it comes to repairing these but as with the CDX almost always repairable.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-03-2008 3:50 PM In reply to

Ok but as I have never seen a CDX2 upclose I go by Beoworld which says Datalink at the bottom:

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=937

Maybe that's an error?

• 12-03-2008 4:16 PM In reply to

....must be as I own one, and it definitely doesn't have datalink (just two RCA jacks)!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 12-04-2008 1:27 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Friedmett:

Ok but as I have never seen a CDX2 upclose I go by Beoworld which says Datalink at the bottom:

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=937

Maybe that's an error?

Hi Friedmett,

yes it is an error, the picture is also wrong in the spec's as it shows a CDX. I'll higlight this problem and get it fixedSmile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)