in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-02-2008 4:43 AM by stotty1111. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2008 4:50 PM

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Age of ouverture and also door closure adjustment

Hi all

just acquired an ouverture how do i tell its age? - i remember seeing something on the forum some time ago re serial nos. etc giving the age but i have searched and cannot find it - if it exists just a link would suffice!

also is it possible to adjust the gap betwwen the door mine have a gap of approx 4mm is this normal if not is it easy to adjust 'em

salut

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 12-01-2008 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: Age of ouverture and also door closure adjustment

The gap seems to be pretty much the same as my old BC 2300, Perhaps it isn't 4mm, but 3mm for sure. They are not closed all the way.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-01-2008 6:09 PM In reply to

In the search box at the top of this page just type  age serial number

Could not be easier!

Adjusting the gap between the glass doors is truly a balls acheing job requiring removal of the power supply electronics to enable access to the bottom sliders. The quoted spec is 1.2mm +/- 0.6mm but this is rarely achieved in my experience.

If you can possibly live with it then I would recommend that's what you do. Failing that I suggest that you read the service manual!

Regards Graham

• 12-01-2008 8:35 PM In reply to

It happen to my bs2300 too, the gap between is too big and which I cant live with it, so I try to make it myself. And now is just right. 

The whole process is quite complicated and it will take you some time and effort to do it, may be an hour or two.

It is all related to the pulleys, to get access and adjust those pulleys, you have to disassemble nearly the whole player, and adjust them at the back.

If you really want to do that, I am happy to upload those photos for you and show you how to do it.

• 12-01-2008 9:15 PM In reply to

HI!

My Ouverture also have a bigger than normal gap between doors. I've been wanting to fix that but i'm just afraid i would make it worse. I would really appriciate if you can show me how to do it and i'm sure there are lots of people with the same problems.

Regards

Volan

• 12-02-2008 4:43 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Thanks guys - yet again you all amaze me!!

salut

Tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)