in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-17-2008 10:17 AM by Hardwriter. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2008 5:52 PM

Integrated Freeview and STB-C

Hi Guys,

I've been told by B&O that if you opt for the integrated DVB-T module on a BV6 or 7 you lose one of the STB-C functions. On the BV7 that's not such a problem as it has two STB-Cs, but the BV6 only has the one so no way to control an additional STB-HDD. I knew the integrated option was programmed to the DTV/SAT button on the Beo4 but thought you'd be able to control an additional STB via V-AUX under LIST .

Anyone know for sure if my dealer is right? Seems like a bit of an oversight but, given B&O's recent TV strategy, it wouldn't be a complete surprise.

Chris

• 11-27-2008 7:30 PM In reply to

Re: Integrated Freeview and STB-C

Integrated freeview won't affect the puc outputs on either set so you can have both and sky+ etc control with no problems!

Hope this helps,

Llewelyn

• 11-28-2008 1:57 AM In reply to

Chris,

Your dealer is correct. You can only have one STB control output on a Beovision 7 if you have DVB-T

Regards Keith....

• 11-28-2008 12:24 PM In reply to

Thanks for the replies but they seem to cover both options. To make even it more confusing the BV6 manual says if the DVB-T module is fitted you access STB menu via V-AUX - but my dealer doesn't agree. Says the STB won't work. Does anyone at B&O know how they build these things?!
  • 11-28-2008 12:35 PM In reply to

Hardwriter:
    Thanks for the replies but they seem to cover both options. To make even it more confusing the BV6 manual says if the DVB-T module is fitted you access STB menu via V-AUX - but my dealer doesn't agree. Says the STB won't work. Does anyone at B&O know how they build these things?!

You said:-

To make even it more confusing the BV6 manual says if the DVB-T module is fitted you access STB menu via V-AUX - but my dealer doesn't agree

My Comment:-

The manual is correct. When ever you have a DVB-T installed it uses the DTV source button and this CANNOT be reassigned, so any STB can ONLY use V-AUX

For the same reason the Beovision 7 is limited to controlling ONE STB

Regards Keith....

• 12-17-2008 10:17 AM In reply to

Apologies for coming back to this thread again but I thought I'd drop in an update in case it's of use to anyone thinking about integrated DVB-T.

B&O UK are absolutely clear that if you have the integrated DVB-T module installed on a BC6 or BV7 you will lose one STB controller. They say the reference in the manual to accessing STB-C on the BC6 via V-AUX is incorrect. You lose one of the two STB-C options on a BV7 (I guess you will also lose one on BV8, too).

The BC6 still has the STB blaster output socket and shows all the STB menus after the DVB-T module is fitted but they say the STB-C is not active - unless anyone knows otherwise.

This raises another question. Losing the STB facility when you have Freeview on-board is not a huge problem, I suppose, but do you lose the option to control an external STB if you have the DVB-S or the DAB module fitted in a BC-6?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)