in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-27-2008 2:17 AM by Mr10Percent. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2008 11:48 PM

Serenta

Hi!

I want to get an opinion from Serenata phone owners out there, is this worth buying? I live in Canada and I can get a brand new unlocked Serenata for $1000USD. I know they've discontinued it and from hearing about some of the deals in Europe, they're actually giving this phone away for free with a Beosound5 order. When it comes to deals, we don't get much of that in Canada.

I have the Serene phone for 2.5 years now and I'm considering a new phone. Please let me know if you own a Serenata, what you like or don't like about it and if you recommend it. Thanks :)

• 11-27-2008 2:17 AM In reply to

Re: Serenta

I've had the Serenata for a year now. Originally I was very sceptical.

However, having succumbed, I find that the phone really easy to use, that it has limited features (which I like) and that once you get used to the texting, things really well thought-out.

In ‘phone mode the sound is clear and its internal stand makes it a really good mobile for conference calls.

On the music front, it's a simple MP3 player with the quality you would expect from B&O and has proved useful for me entertainment-wise when travelling and staying in remote hotels etc...

The earphones are exactly what you expect from the A8's and very good when making mobile calls. I don't like the asymmetrical cord wrap-around your neck thing nor the proprietary Serenata connector.

It does bounce off the floor rather well yet does not suffer too badly from markings -  but then I would not put this to constant test.

Overall from my point of view; a good (simple) solid mobile, is easy to use and is B&O. However, as always, think if the $1,000 is really worth it to you or not? Would you miss a grand? In the cold light of day it's a lot of dosh for the mobile.

10%

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)