in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-26-2009 6:24 AM by stefan. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2008 5:28 AM

Only 4 playlists!!!!

Having just read the Beosound 5 user guide  I am a bit baffled that there are only 4 playlists that you can configure on the BS5!!! You can only add songs to the 4 colour buttons.

The so called Numbered play lists, from 1 to 99 contain only one song, that is used as a seed for MOTS.

The user guide describes every feature and tells you how to do it from the BS5 and on the next page tells you how to do it from the Beo5. There is one exception: In front of Browse music… there is no instruction for the Beo5. I thought the way to remote control N.MUSIC on the Beomedia 1 or Beoport, if not perfect was much more complete!!! At least you could switch to Album 34, or Playlist 55, etc…

• 11-26-2008 5:41 AM In reply to

Re: Only 4 playlists!!!!

PhilLondon:

Having just read the Beosound 5 user guide  I am a bit baffled that there are only 4 playlists that you can configure on the BS5!!! You can only add songs to the 4 colour buttons.

That's in my opinion because the BEO4 has to control the BS5.

This is exactly the same for the BS3200.

Keep things simple... 

• 11-26-2008 5:43 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Numbered and lettered playlists!Surprise - what's going on. You'd have thought in these days of electricity and running water you'd have been able to give playlists a meaningful name!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-26-2008 5:43 AM In reply to

• Lab5
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2008
    • Posts 231
    • Bronze Member

nono its like the BM1 an the bs3200 together. you can choose the 4 colours  or create many different playlists!

the BS5 today are only controllable with the Beo5 in Beo4 mode...

wait for the final 

BV7 40 MKIV Black an 4 Beolab 8000 mit Beolab 11 Beolab 7-4 ne BS9000, BM5, 2 BC 6-23 in gold, 2* BV 3-32 an Beolab 6000 , 2* BV3-28, 5 Beolab 3500 

• 11-26-2008 5:54 AM In reply to

I do not think it is like the BM1... If you call Playlist 3, you will only get one song, the next songs will be generated by MOTS!!!

So you only have 4 playlists (Red, Blue, Yellow and Green) when you can store a list of songs you want to listen to in that specific order.

Lab 5, do you think that they will change the way the Beo5 works when they release the product later? Have you heard anything interesting?

I know the Beo5 has 2 sets of code, the Beo4 codes and the Beo5 codes. It seems to me nobody know what the Beo5 codes are about yet.

p.

• 11-26-2008 7:05 AM In reply to

Hmmm.... Sounds like I might perhaps just stick with my Beoport?

While the beosound 5 looks lovely, Im not sure why I would spend thousands on a product that does exactly what beoport does minus the nice display. Maybe if i didn't have beoport I'd buy it.

Now if there was a beocentre 2 variant including the functionality and screen of beosound 5 I'd be very tempted. I don't need another stand alone item cluttering my living room, competing for the wow factor with my beocentre 2!

Of course if someone told me the sound quality would be much better with beosound 5 than beoport then I'd also be tempted... but again i suspect no difference... 

David

Sydney, NSW

Australia 

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 12-21-2008 6:03 PM In reply to

PhilLondon:

I do not think it is like the BM1... If you call Playlist 3, you will only get one song, the next songs will be generated by MOTS!!!

So you only have 4 playlists (Red, Blue, Yellow and Green) when you can store a list of songs you want to listen to in that specific order.

Lab 5, do you think that they will change the way the Beo5 works when they release the product later? Have you heard anything interesting?

I know the Beo5 has 2 sets of code, the Beo4 codes and the Beo5 codes. It seems to me nobody know what the Beo5 codes are about yet.

p.

In the final Version a playlist will contain more than one song. If the playlist is played through MOTS will do the rest.

The BEO5 codes are for future use; especially about 2010 and 2011; once the new Link System will be introduced an the new TVs series will come up.

• 12-22-2008 5:36 AM In reply to

What about the linkrooms with the beosound5????

Is there already a solution for?

• 12-22-2008 6:12 AM In reply to

As of today, it can be used from link rooms in blind mode buy pressing N.MUSIC or N.RADIO on your remote. It seems that operations are more limited than when controlling Beoport for example, as you cannot use the color keys to sort by genre, author...

Or you can browse on your link TV in a Beomedia interface, by pressing PC on your remote, if your link TV supports it.

I had been rumoured (and it would be logical) that B&O is preparing a special link room solution as well. It is a shame they do not tell us more. 

• 12-22-2008 7:02 AM In reply to

Blindless = Madness!!Super Angry

I think that's the reason why many people will wait.

• 01-24-2009 12:41 AM In reply to

Having loaded BeoPort 5.00 this morning, it looks from the quite extensive Beoport Manual (extensive for B&O that is), that there appears to be only 4 “coloured” playlists which can be accessed directly from your remote using the coloured buttons.

It does however appear that you can have any number of ordinary playlists which you can access manually from the favourites mode. You can flag whether it is stored on your PC only, PC/BM5 combined or BM5 only.

So I don’t think “4 playlists only” is a fact. I’ll know more next Monday when my BS5/BM5 is expected to be delivered.  – a good deal of BeoPort/BeoPlayer looks like it has been rebuilt for the BS5/BM5 combo and cant be activated unless attached and recognised.

There is a synchronisation mode also which synchronises between your PC and the BM5 and looks like it is done over a network (modem, ethernet, wifi).

Word of advice to those upgrading from BeoPort/Player 4.83 to 5.00:- Ensure you copy/paste to a safe file before removing the BeoPort/Player 4.83 from your machine:-

MusicFavoriteDetails.DAT

MusicFavoriteDetails.IBK

MusicFavoriteMaster.DAT

MusicFavoriteMaster.IBK

From C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\Application Data\BeoMediaDatabase  

The new 5.00 install deletes all existing playlists and gives you 4 empty colour playlists in return. By pasting/copy-over these archived files back into the new 5.00 BeoMediaDatabase, all your old playlists along with the 4 coloured playlists will be preserved.

10%

• 01-25-2009 4:43 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

There are more than 4 playlists. I just played a bit with the PHOTO section on the BM5. It has 4 colored lists and lists you can rename. For example "Struer-Trip May 2007".

Everytime you rename a list the BM5 creates automatically a new list called "play queue - date of today"..It´s just like BM1, Beo only added colored lists.

Stefan

• 01-25-2009 4:44 PM In reply to

How do you call a Playlist from the remote or from the BS5, when in N.MUSIC (ie not in PC mode)?

• 01-26-2009 6:24 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I don`t know. As said I just tested it in PHOTO mode.....

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)