in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2007 3:17 PM by Medogsfat. 136 replies.
Page 1 of 6 (137 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2007 4:02 PM

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

NW Beoworld meeting at B&O King Street Manchester

B&O of King Street Manchester have very generously offered to provide a venue for an inaugural North West of Engalnd Beowrld meeting. A date somewhere in July this year has been suggested so I am asking for a "straw poll" to see if it worthwhile at present or not. I realise that due to the infancy of the new beoworld site we may be a little premature as the audince isn't quite as strong as it could be. howver if enough interested people can comit then I see no reason why this shouldn't go ahead.

I'm sure a final date can be set soon if we can the right numbers to commit!Yes -  thumbs up

Chris.

NW beoworld meeting at B&O King Street Manchester

• Yes I will definately attend (29.6%)
    • I am interested but cannot commit just yet (59.3%)
    • I think it should be delayed until membership increases a bit. (11.1%)
    • Total Votes: 27

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-18-2007 5:25 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: NW Beoworld meeting at B&O King Street Manchester

Thanks Chris for starting the ball rollingSmile
    I felt a bit guilty hijacking David's thread about Sky but I think it may have turned out for the good.
    Having done the Struer trip one of the highlights was meeting and developing a relationship with fellow Beoworlders.
    For this reason I voted Yes, I will attend. Hope this comes to fruition.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-18-2007 7:31 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I think this was suggested on the weather station thread.  I'm up for it,  but not sure why we need to make it into a new v's old meeting?  How about a few drinks some good conversation and hopefully that will make it a good night.  Doesn't really need to be in a B&O delaership does it?

Greg

• 05-19-2007 4:17 AM In reply to

I think having it in a B&O dealer is probably a good idea. The alternative would be a pub and that might alienate some. Allied to which, it would be more difficult to talk. It could also encourage some who might not be regular Beoworld members to come as a dealership would be less threatening possibly. It is also a large space filled with lovely toys! A couple of silly competitions to break the ice and some small prizes and the evening could go with a whirl. If B&O can be persuaded to play, you might even see something new.
  • 05-19-2007 5:21 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

I'm very interested. I would love to hear some Beolab 5's, I've still never heard any playing my music.
    I also wonder if we could combine it with a future Beoworld prize draw live. (How actually do you make the draw? Names in a hat?)

• 05-19-2007 8:26 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Definitely up for this.Stick out tongueStick out tongue

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-19-2007 8:46 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

britops:
    I'm very interested. I would love to hear some Beolab 5's, I've still never heard any playing my music.
    I also wonder if we combine it with the Beoworld prize draw live. (How actually do you make the draw? Names in a hat?)

Random generator (given the Gold membership numbers between 1 and the last member to join at that time), then cross matched against members!

The draw will be made in the BeoWorld offices, and if anyone passing who wishes to attend is most welcome!  Everything will be 100% above board and open for inspection by anybody. Big Smile

At the moment, there are almost 400 Gold Members - and anyone hanging in the balance staying Bronze should really think seriously whether sitting this draw out is a good idea!  I doubt that there is a better value draw in the world!!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-19-2007 10:10 AM In reply to

I agree with Peter - obviously, as a dealer I have a vested interested in people attending ths shop, but if you read the earlier thread, the intention is to simply allow BeoFans to meets in a venue with a common appeal - where better than a shop full of Beobits?

We are central, there is loads of parking after 6pm, good public transport links. 

My thought is we will host an infomal BeoMeet ( Danish beer & nibbles on us ) and the format will be "open house" - certainly for the initial date, where you can all meet up, have the time and opportunity to listen to / watch / fiddle with the current product range, say 5pm to 9pm, then a trip to a local jazz club for beer & pizza ( Matt & Phreds - google them if interested ) for those who want to. 

Later evenings, should they occur, could be vintage vs new, or product launches, or a film night....etc. 

I will post a date on here - probably a Thursday evening, early / mid July when there is a good act on.

Regards

David 

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 05-19-2007 11:19 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

eduard:

I would like to come, but need to know the date, for my work!!!!

Perhaps I can go with ....eh Lee??

It would be great to see you again Ed. Hope you can make it.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-19-2007 12:58 PM In reply to

Hummm.. could it be central london ?

Perhaps i could buy a plane ticket and drop by... :) 

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-19-2007 6:16 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

pedrompinto:

As it would be King Street hosting the meeting then Manchester is really the only option for the venue.

London isn't really the centre of the universe as far as us Brits are concernedBig Smile There are plenty of options as far as flights & connections to Manchester are concerned - after all it is regarded as one of Englands 2nd cities and not some backwater. As it is a Northern city you'll find it far more friendly & (possibly) interesting than London The music scene is CERTAINLY betterCool

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-19-2007 6:22 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Also Manchester is in the North West of England. A meeting in London would be better described as a South England meeting.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-19-2007 6:31 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Manchester is a fantastic City. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I do live not too far from London, and go there frequently - and while it edges Manchester on attractions i must admit that Manchester is a much more friendly and welcoming place to be.

However, i'm certainly not saying London isn't friendly. I just find that in most central parts, you are a tourist amongst tourists!

Lee

• 05-19-2007 7:03 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

9 LEE:

However, i'm certainly not saying London isn't friendly. I just find that in most central parts, you are a tourist amongst tourists!

Lee

Ah - that's what I was trying to say in my usual North/South divide jealous way. Laughing

I'll contact KingStreet (you have a PM) for a definate date then.

Chris.

• 05-20-2007 6:03 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Can we PIN this topic?
  • 05-20-2007 8:32 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:
    pedrompinto:

As it would be King Street hosting the meeting then Manchester is really the only option for the venue.

London isn't really the centre of the universe as far as us Brits are concernedBig Smile There are plenty of options as far as flights & connections to Manchester are concerned - after all it is regarded as one of Englands 2nd cities and not some backwater. As it is a Northern city you'll find it far more friendly & (possibly) interesting than London The music scene is CERTAINLY betterCool

Chris.

I do know london and several other parts of uk, never been in Manchester though; and i must agree, the countryside is far more pleasent IMO.

So set a date if i can i'll surelly drop by.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-20-2007 9:39 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Laughing i think you'll find Manchester isn't in the countryside! Laughing

It's a buzzing city, and has some extremely nice places nearby.  Cheshire (the next county) is the northern equivalent of Surrey, and is an extremely wealthy area with some beautiful places.  Maybe i'm biased though, as my Mum has lived in Knutsford since i was 12.

Lee

• 05-20-2007 11:47 AM In reply to

9 LEE:
    Laughing i think you'll find Manchester isn't in the countryside! Laughing

It's a buzzing city, and has some extremely nice places nearby.  Cheshire (the next county) is the northern equivalent of Surrey, and is an extremely wealthy area with some beautiful places.  Maybe i'm biased though, as my Mum has lived in Knutsford since i was 12.

Lee

I know that Lee... it seems quite interesting with some nice places... Cloud 23 for instance. heheheh 

Pedro "Less is more"

• 05-21-2007 3:23 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

britops:
    Can we PIN this topic?

Done it - so c'mon all you Northerners get your names down!Big Smile

Chris.

• 05-21-2007 4:49 AM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

Medogsfat:
    [

London isn't really the centre of the universe

Isn't that California  - or is that what They want you to think Wink

TEL
  • 05-21-2007 7:47 AM In reply to

I would certainly consider coming if it fitted with my work - a Friday is much easier as travelling to the south and back will take some time and I would stay overnight. However if Lee, Chris and Ed are there, it would be a great evening no matter which night!
  • 05-21-2007 8:10 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

A firm date as soon as possible would be great flights can be considerably cheaper booked earlyWink

cheers,

Kevin 

• 05-21-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

• andyp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Peak District, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Bronze Member

Yep I'm in! Let me know if I can help with any logistics for the evening. I work in MCR center so wouldn't be a problem to visit the store (only problem is keeping my credit card in my wallet ;) )./A
Page 1 of 6 (137 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »