in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-05-2007 3:08 AM by Roger. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2007 1:02 PM

cabinets

hi,

I would like to buy a new B&O cabinet and I have some doubts about the color: BLACK or ALU??

thanks,

all sold!

• 05-18-2007 2:21 PM In reply to

Re: cabinets

Post some pictures of where you plan to put it, and what sort - and I am sure you will get some opinions!
  • 05-18-2007 4:01 PM In reply to

Easy question. The answer is definately Black.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 05-18-2007 7:41 PM In reply to

For me aluminium is better.
    Borja
  • 05-18-2007 7:54 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

as peter said, it depends on the room you want to put it in. Alluminium is very neutral and will fit into most environments...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-18-2007 9:47 PM In reply to

thanks everyone,

In fact, the only one that it looks very nice ( not in the picture) is the Mirror tinted.

The others choices are: WHITE  -  out of question

: BLACK- looks nice on the picture but on the flesh it looks CHEAP( it looks as it was bought from IKEA -) - very disappointed whit that quality for 300$  !!!!!

: ALUMINIUM: I always loved the B&O aluminium looks, but the problem is that  ALU looks cheap.

In conclusion, the only one that was acceptable was the Miror TEINTED .

regards,

all sold!

• 05-18-2007 10:24 PM In reply to

Peter,

tomorrow I'll put some pictures. I'll have to figure out how to do it because it's the first time...

kind regards,

constantin

all sold!

• 05-26-2007 1:05 AM In reply to

finaly the choice was: ALU...

all sold!

• 05-26-2007 1:16 AM In reply to

a picture with the mirror face plate...

all sold!

• 05-26-2007 1:19 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It looks gorgeous, Constantin, and although it may not be as practical, the floor stand for the BC2 would look absoulutely flawless in that setup.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-26-2007 1:57 AM In reply to

thanks,

the problem with the floor stand is that I don't like it ( in fact I know 3 guys that have made the switch to the table stand( you have 2 options to install your BC2 - wall or table). On the small stand, IMHO, the BC2 is really beautifull.

I found on EBAY few months ago a floor stand for 25% of the dealer price( mint condition) and the auction has terminated with 0 bids!! ( the guy also swiched to the small one for more flexibility)

In the cabinet I have a Monster Power protection circuit for all my electronics in my house and also the BC2 electronics....

regards,

constantin

all sold!

• 05-26-2007 10:32 AM In reply to

Can anyonte provide a place where the cabinets can be seen ?

They aren't available at B&O official site.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-26-2007 11:24 AM In reply to

I like both those! The mirror is fascinating but I think the aluminium is probably the more sensible choice.
  • 05-26-2007 11:53 AM In reply to

pedro...

you can find them on the b&o site!!!!....

1)  go on www. bang-olufsen.com , and then chose VIDEO  - top left ( you will see the the products: BV9,BC2, BS3 and  BV4) and on that internet page , you can see theCABINETS on right (bottom)       . On that link and you will see the pictures..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: you have to see them in flesh: the black one looks gorgeous on the picture but on the flesh it looks TERRIBLE!!!!

2 ) go on MEDIACENTER and try to search the word : cabinets or cabinet....

regards,

constantin

all sold!

• 05-26-2007 12:01 PM In reply to

11048437:

pedro...

you can find them on the b&o site!!!!....

1)  go on www. bang-olufsen.com , and then chose VIDEO  - top left ( you will see the the products: BV9,BC2, BS3 and  BV4) and on that internet page , you can see theCABINETS on right (bottom)       . On that link and you will see the pictures..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: you have to see them in flesh: the black one looks gorgeous on the picture but on the flesh it looks TERRIBLE!!!!

2 ) go on MEDIACENTER and try to search the word : cabinets or cabinet....

regards,

constantin

thanks Constantin

i was searching for a catalogue but i guess i'll have to compare it in the store.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-26-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

Peter,

I agree with you. The miror looks gorgeous, but there is a big problem with it: if you want to looks good,you need a BIG ROOM. ( mine is 6x5 and it is not sufficient)

There are many contraints with the mirror cabinet : you cannot put the cabinet in front of you because you will see you on the mirror, also, on the sofa, there was only ONE PLACE where the cabinet looks good: ....., also, you don't have to put anything close to it because the mirror will show it to you  and it is not really a pleasure!!!,  etc..AND, the most important: , IMHO, the mirror is ' a la mode': It took me few days to take the decision to return it: ALU is classic and will stay classic( I have a BM 2400 and the combination ALU-BLACK looks gorgeous even after 20 years!!!!!). 

So , I returned the mirror and took the ALU ( it looks really nice with a spot on it). In fact the finish is really nice and I'm very happy with it.

regards, constantin

all sold!

• 05-26-2007 5:42 PM In reply to

Nice cabinet you have Constantin.

I do really like the aluminium front panel version. This brings a touch of elegance to your room.

In fact where can we see them ? Do you know the retail price ? (I heard between 1100 euros ans 1500 euros)

Thanks for your reply.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 06-04-2007 8:42 PM In reply to

Depends or what kinds of look you are going for.  Aluminum is always best in my opinion.  With the new B&O cabinets you can interchange the doors. It looks great!

Brendon 

• 06-05-2007 3:08 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The alu finish will match all current B&O gear - but one clever thing with the mirror cabinet is the stealth effect: It will reflect the floor / surroundings and disguise it.

Roger

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)