in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2008 8:53 AM by Dave. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2008 12:01 PM

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Oficiel: Beosound 2 will never work with Vista..

I have bought Mp3 player BeoSound 2 for some years ago and tried and tried to make function, but without success. BeoPlayer cant see BS2 and I cant use the copy function. There have been no help on the Bang Olufsen website that I visited from time to time, and after using many hours to getting it work hen I think that I was a idiot and therfore don't used it...

Then I go to the official website today read this news about BS2

Please note that the BeoSound 2 software is not compatible with Windows Vista.!

I mean - what are B&O thinking!  How long time has Vista and BS2 have been on the marked, and why are they first telling about the problem now? 

By the way- where is the translation of Beoplayer,- its only in english...

B&O have promises again and again that there will bee new language at the next software upgrade, but noting happens at all. A lot of language have been a choice from the beginning, but still nothing happens... What are B&O doing?

From the officiel site:

BeoSound 2 - 2.51 Music wherever, whenever...that is BeoSound 2. Here you can download the newest drivers and BeoSound 2 firmware for PC, or get the latest iTunes plugin for Mac. Please note that the BeoSound 2 software is not compatible with Windows Vista.

• 11-22-2008 12:47 PM In reply to

Re: Oficiel: Beosound 2 will never work with Vista..

I know your frustration mate. Why is there no BeoPlayer for Mac?
  • 11-22-2008 1:33 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

When I had a Beosound 2, I still managed to use it with Vista. Although I have to admit I never used the B&O sofware. Just did it without, by copying what I wanted to the memory card. Then I would leave it on the Docking Station for a short while. Everything worked perfecly as far as I could tell.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-22-2008 1:45 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Stars:

BeoPlayer is heavily based on the Windows Media platform, which is limited (by Microsoft's own choice) on the Mac platform. Producing a BeoPlayer for Mac would essentially require a complete recode of the application, starting back at square one. BeoPlayer for Mac would be nice, but it would ideally need iPod compatibility.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-22-2008 1:48 PM In reply to

Alex:
    Stars:

BeoPlayer is heavily based on the Windows Media platform, which is limited (by Microsoft's own choice) on the Mac platform. Producing a BeoPlayer for Mac would essentially require a complete recode of the application, starting back at square one. BeoPlayer for Mac would be nice, but it would ideally need iPod compatibility.

Sounds like a good idea to me. B&O should get there act together and do it. 

• 11-22-2008 2:06 PM In reply to

Bulgarien:

What are B&O working on? , - not the "old" products I guess..

Hopefully not a new version on BeoPlayer.......

B&O should not be going head to head with Microsoft and Apple....

• 11-22-2008 2:17 PM In reply to

Stars:
    Why is there no BeoPlayer for Mac?

I don´t want to be rude, but sorry, who would need or even use this? There probably would be a couple of heavy afioconados, who would install this, but nothing more. As far as I can see it, "idealand" will never ever be able to produce something like a simple, early itunes version, not to talk about v8.0. They are even heavily overchallenged compiling a simple (and flawlessly working) iTunes plugin for the bs2. So let them work on their windows-based sw and hopefully getting their act together, but please, don´t try this on a mac. They got better things to do...

Regards, beoberlim 

• 11-22-2008 5:00 PM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

BS 2 software, which soft ?

Ah yes, i remember, the soft who used usb 1 to transfer music in a mp3 player who could have 2Go S D card Big SmileBig Smile

R I P......No - thumbs down

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 11-22-2008 5:34 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

A B&O software called BeoPlayer that don't work with their own  product as BC2 and BC6, if you are using the "new" Windows Vista... [:'(]

Windows Vista  was announcement on July 22, 2005,  Development was completed on November 8, 2006; over the following three months it was released in stages to computer hardware and software manufacturers, business customers, and retail channels. On January 30, 2007, it was released worldwide...(wikepidia)

How fast, clever or intelligent is that?

I'm giving up..Super Angry

Now I try Winamp and that work absultely work perfect with both BC2 and BC6.

(Winamp player see both players as portable USB drives in the Winamps Media Libery )

Just grab the music files from ML that you want to stay on the player and put it on the USB drive) That is easy and very logic. The speed are very fast,- it take only a few seconds to move a playlist that you have made.

It`s not B&O software, but its works and lot more user-friendly.

At last I can use my expensive B&O players!Yes -  thumbs up

And a question :  What skin to Winamp, do you think are most B&O look like?

• 11-23-2008 8:47 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Bulgarien:

think are most B&O look like?

There used to be some (so called) "B&O" skins available for winamp.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-23-2008 9:08 AM In reply to

Vista is a load of BS anyway 

Is the BS 2 to be discontinued? According to the news bulletin some time ago Beo was about to cancel all future mp3 players?

If so I can understand not making a new OS platform for it. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-23-2008 11:49 AM In reply to

I would think there is no need to waste money on software if transfering the files direct to the card works.

I think relying on Beoplayer to stay a viable platform to manage MP3s is dangerous, nobody wants to manage 2 libraries and its hard to ignore the white elephant (Ipod) in the room.

Not developing Beoplayer further would hopefully mean that they got the message ...... 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 11-24-2008 8:01 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

I've recently get a harddisk from a friend with 68.000 songs. The problem is the media player on the computer..

What player are the best?

I have for some day now tried these; 

BeoPlayer,- sorry to say, - but it´s a joke.

ITunes,-  that is made for making money, and only for IPod owners.

WinAmp,- its works absolutely perfect, but are a little complicated.

Now the FireFox people ( from Mozilla) have just realised  made a new media player called SongBird

I will download it now , but I can already see/read that Sonbbird will bee the best choice for many of us.

Many of us are already using  the great browser Firefox, and they will never change browser again, and if the same philosophy are the same, this songbird is a killing eagle  

And the best: Songbird  scans and remove automatic tracks doublets first time you use it!

http://getsongbird.com/download/

New Features

A New LookA New Look
    We’ve completely redesigned Songbird to make it simpler and more intuitive. We’ve improved drag-and-drop throughout the application and worked to optimize music management vs. web browsing experiences.

Smart PlaylistsSmart Playlists
    Create dynamic playlists that automatically update based on criteria you set.

Concert TicketsConcert Tickets
    Discover upcoming shows in your area based on the artists in your library. Event listings powered by Songkick.

Last.fm ScrobblingLast.fm Scrobbling
    Integrated Last.fm support that allows you to scrobble, love, and ban your tracks.

Album ArtworkAlbum Artwork
    Display the currently playing track’s album art and write new artwork back to the file. Remember to get the Last fm add-ons.

• 11-24-2008 8:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

archie:

BS 2 software, which soft ?

Ah yes, i remember, the soft who used usb 1 to transfer music in a mp3 player who could have 2Go S D card Big SmileBig Smile

R I P......No - thumbs down

Yeh you're not wrong there!!!!

BS2 makes up for it for being a great product to use, look at, touch and hear though :) 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)