in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2008 11:41 AM by Foxtrott. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2007 9:27 AM

Beovision 4 and BeoSystem 3

Hi All,

Here's my dillema.  We are renovating a house at the moment and finances are a bit tight.  So the following might make sense.

I want to buy the Beovision 4 - 50" because we are building into the "wall" so to speak.  We are planning to put vents below and above the TV for air circulation.

Now I understand from the dealers that in order for the TV to operate I must purchase a Beosystem 3.

Since it is a huge expense I would like to delay it if at all possible.  I really need the TV now to make sure the installation and fit is perfect.

Is there anyway I can get the TV to operate without Beosystem 3 initially.  I wanted to also buy the Beolab 7.2 picture to use as the center speaker.

I have lots of other equipment my own AV amp (Yamaha) and I was just wondering whether there is a cheaper alternative to Beosystem 3 for the Beovision 4 - 50"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Filed under: ,
  • 05-18-2007 10:06 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 4 and BeoSystem 3

I think that BV4 includes the BS3 in the price.
    Rafa
  • 05-18-2007 10:10 AM In reply to

Morgan:

The quote I have from the dealer lists the items separately so I assume they can be bought separately.  Maybe I am wrong?

Also I have been quoted £11150 when Beoworld says they cost for the two components should be £10900.  Could it be the inclusion of the DVBT module that bumps up the price? 

• 05-18-2007 11:51 AM In reply to

There was an article on beotech.org who to use a BV4 without beosystem. I personally would not do that though, I would look for use used beosystem 1 or 2. Also, the HD upgrade is pending, in the US they have a great promotion for the package, think 20% off to clear out the inventory before the full HD panels come. You might find a good deal in europe as well. Cheers JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-18-2007 12:03 PM In reply to

pants123:

Morgan:

The quote I have from the dealer lists the items separately so I assume they can be bought separately.  Maybe I am wrong?

Also I have been quoted £11150 when Beoworld says they cost for the two components should be £10900.  Could it be the inclusion of the DVBT module that bumps up the price? 

You can buy the BS3 only (very good choice), but if you buy a BV4, this cames with the BS3.

Rafa
  • 05-18-2007 5:24 PM In reply to

http://www.beotech.co.uk/beovision4.htm 

Here is the article. I know that in the US the BV4 is sold without BS but I can see this beeing different from country to country. The promo package that they sold in the US us gone it seems, can't find it on the website anymore.

I would not buy a BV4 without BS, I would consider an old one though. If you buy new, the full HD panels should come somewhat soon. 

Cheers

• 05-18-2007 5:32 PM In reply to

>>£11150 when Beoworld says they cost for the two components should be £10900<<

It could be the additional module, in general the dealer sets the price so the offer you get can vary from store to store.

• 05-18-2007 5:44 PM In reply to

• Pushkin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • London
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Just heard from my dealer that the BV4 will be revised in Sept to be 1080p and that the IR eye will be attached to the screen in much the same way as the BV9 is - that may indicate that it is worth waiting for these to be released as it will change (albeit) only slightly the profile for building in and you will get a more future-proof screen.
  • 06-06-2007 8:12 AM In reply to

My dealer ( in the UK ) was unable to confirm when the BeoVision 4-50" would be available in full HD. B&O ( UK ) were unable to confirm any timescales to them.

How confident is your dealer of his information ?

• 06-06-2007 10:38 AM In reply to

The 50" will be updated though timescale is not a pleasant word as far as B&O are concerned! Supposed to be the 'Summer' but I would not expect it before Christmas!
  • 06-06-2007 12:06 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

The D9 panel was supposed to be released in september last year in fact I did not get mine until April.

I doubt therefore that the screen will be available until spring. Especially as they have D9 panels in stock!

• 06-06-2007 5:48 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

I can't see the reason that B&O wouldn't sell the BV4-50 separately, I remember last year's price list detailed them as separates with a footnote that a BeoSystem was needed, maybe this is to save confusion. I suspect you can buy what you need, I've done the opposite, starting with a BeoSystem 3 and are looking to buy the screen sometime next year to see if Full HD is all it's cracked up to be. I don't want to end up wth 2 BS3s, no matter how much I rave about it!

A £250 price difference could be down to the DVB-T as as the initial quote was £250 less and it wasn't until I placed the order that the inc DVB-T (albeit at £250 extra) option was noted. 

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 06-07-2007 3:30 AM In reply to

Dealers list all prices individually so that you can see what each component costs and also you have the choice to tailor your own system.  However in the case of BeoVision 4 they are advised that it should not be sold without BeoSystem 2 or 3, this of course does not stop you asking the question.

I think your best option is to have a look for a BeoSystem 1 or BeoSystem 2 MKIII (the HD version) which you can pick up quite resonably now - try Ebay.

• 06-07-2007 5:31 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

meandmyshadow:

However in the case of BeoVision 4 they are advised that it should not be sold without BeoSystem 2 or 3, this of course does not stop you asking the question.

The reason why BV4 is not sold without BeoSystem 3 (or BeoSystem2) is that the BeoSystem contains the tuner unit, picture processing system and the peripheral connections (Scart, HDMI, etc....). Without the BeoSystem the BV4 is just a plasma screen with cooling unit that will not show any picture.

The informations I got from my dealer are that the BV4-65 screen is already delivered in Full-HD version and that the full HD-panel for BV4-50 and BV9 will be available soon.

cheers 

Foxtrott 

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 06-23-2007 5:33 AM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Confirmed with my dealer yesterday that you can buy the BV4 separately from BeoSystem 3. I guess the case in point is whether you would want to run one without a BeoSystem.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 06-23-2007 10:05 AM In reply to

Pushkin:
    Just heard from my dealer that the BV4 will be revised in Sept to be 1080p and that the IR eye will be attached to the screen in much the same way as the BV9 is - that may indicate that it is worth waiting for these to be released as it will change (albeit) only slightly the profile for building in and you will get a more future-proof screen.

Pants123, 

Pushkin answers your question for the fitting question you have. The IR eye is also the light sensor for adjusting the contrast etc.(VisionClear) Make sure for fitting that the predicted BV4 frame update, with a sensor, the frame must not be placed to deep in the wall. So the sensor receives the light condidtions in your room! (possibly like the BV9 right top design) 

Regards, Robert

• 02-20-2008 4:55 PM In reply to

Hello,

Not sure if this quick reply goes straight to you or the board.  Noted that meandmyshadow
     mentioned getting a MKIII (HD version) Beosystem 1 or 2.  Might be a stupid question, but how can one tell the different versions of the Beosystem 1 or 2 apart to tell if it is a MKIII/HD version or not?

Thanks...

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 02-22-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

Hello

You can tell the different versions apart by the Type-Nr (4-digit number) and serial number. With both number (Type and Serial number) any dealer can tell you if the Beosystem 1/2 is already HD-ready or can be uprgraded.

Cheers

Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)