in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-21-2008 3:57 AM by Ken. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2008 6:54 AM

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

BM5 without BS5 and specs.

Hi all,

Anyone knows if BeoMaster5 can be used without a BeoSound5, and then operated in the same way as a Beomedia1?

Anyone knows what processer power BM5 have and if it's able to stream vidio from the internet.

Reason is that I curretly have a BM1 and I'm very happy with this. Only thing I'm missin is the ability to stream vidoe from the net. It can only handle very low ress videos. Full screen SD is simply too much for the CPU in BM1. So if BM5 have a much more powerfull CPU, I would concidre to replace my BM1 with this.

Regards

Ken

• 11-20-2008 6:51 PM In reply to

Re: BM5 without BS5 and specs.

I think the BM5 can work as a standalone, but we do not know if it can be sold as a standalone product,

It can play video , but It cannot stream video directly off the internet. Not a question of CPU, just the feature is not there. Video have to be on the hard drive.

I think nobody has seen the BM5 in action. So can't confirm what size video it can handle. 

• 11-21-2008 3:57 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Re: BM5 without BS5 and specs.

BM1 have no functionality problem with steaming video from the net, only problem is the lack of CPU power. Anyone know what borad they are using in BM5?

Ken

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)