in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-23-2008 3:50 PM by anampersand. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2008 9:27 PM

Beomaster 7000 sound issues?

Well, first the good news: today I picked up a beautiful pair of Beolab 8000s on Craigslist, and to my random surprise (and perhaps because of the seller's lack of knowledge about the brand) they came with two Beolink 1000s and a Beomaster 7000!  All for a whopping $400 USD.  I'm not sure which is a better deal: the $100 Century I picked up, or this little bundle!

In any event, I plugged in the 7000 with my CX-100s just to test it, and the volume is EXTREMELY low.  I can HEAR the stations tuning in, but even turned to near maximum volume, it's extraordinarily quiet (and I know the speakers are functioning beautifully).  This happens when I plug them in to either the Speakers 1 or 2 ports.  

It's a beautiful piece, anyway, and it just so happens to match my white CX-100s perfectly, so I'd like to get it functional.  Any idea what it is? Would this be a capacitors issue?  And if so, does anybody have any tech info on what I'd need to do to fix it?  I'm not terribly electronically knowledgeable, but since this is a spare piece (and a lovely one, to boot), I figure this might be a great time to increase my knowledge!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, guys!

- Aaron 

• 11-20-2008 1:51 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 7000 sound issues?

To re-cap on a previous thread, is the plastic bung in the line in /out socket at the back? If not there, it disconnects the power amplifier and you could well get no sound (I guess you are hearing ground! )
  • 11-20-2008 2:17 AM In reply to

Ah, I just re-read your post, Peter.

No, no plastic bung there, and none that it came with, I'm afraid!

If it's not there, would that affect both the radio AND the cd sound (when I have my CD50 plugged in, I get the same issue).

If so, is there some sort of fix I can do or a place where I can get said plastic bung?

Thanks a bunch!

-Aaron 

• 11-20-2008 2:37 AM In reply to

• Ulf
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 665
    • Bronze Member

You can shortcut

pin 1 with 3
    pin 4 with 5 of the DIN plug

Beware all without Mains connection!!!!

Ulf

• 11-24-2008 3:30 AM In reply to

Thank you, Ulf, but I fear I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to technical terms.

Is there not a plastic plug or some sort I can just buy to replace the shim?

If that's not an option at all, can you (or somebody) please put what you said into layman's terms, b/c I'm not entirely sure what you're saying...(as I said, I'm not entirely talented with complex electric work and such)...

Thanks again all, as always,

Aaron

• 11-24-2008 4:52 AM In reply to

You only had to pay 400 dollars for a pair of Beolab 8000?

Amazing...

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-25-2008 6:34 PM In reply to

Yeah, $400!  I suppose the seller just didn't really know what they had...

But sorry to harp on this, everyone, but I'm still confused.  Is there a plastic bung I can just purchase or make?  Or if the answer is what was described a few posts back, can somebody just explain to me what it means in layman's terms?  

I'd love to get this playing!

Thanks again! 

• 11-26-2008 3:18 AM In reply to

I am pretty sure the plastic bung will no longer be available. Always worth giving your dealer a ring though. The socket is designed to allow use of a sound moulding device - graphic equaliser etc - so there is an in and an out. Therefore a simple DIN plug inserted into the socket with the pins shorted as above will perform exactly the same role.  Get a local shop to make you one up - should be pennies.
  • 12-03-2008 2:20 PM In reply to

• Ulf
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 665
    • Bronze Member

if i should help, contact me..

Ulf

• 12-23-2008 3:50 PM In reply to

Well, after being sidetracked with nearly everything (gotta love the holidays!), I finally got everything to work!  After speaking with a wonderful guy at Beocare, he told me of a lovely trick to short the pins: using bent pieces of paperclip!

In any event, it works like a charm, and due to its working, I was FINALLY able to test my insane bargain Beolab 8000s this morning, and I'm pleased to report that the sound is unbelievably beautiful!

I have lab 3000s and CX-100s, and I always thought the sound was fantastic on both of THOSE--but the 8000s truly amaze me!

Now, only if I can find a Beosound 9000 for as good of a bargain...Perhaps wishful thinking!

Happy holidays everyone!

- Aaron 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)