in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-18-2007 2:38 PM by sinuhe. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2007 4:00 AM

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 4 Display - BeoPort

Hi

Quick question for anyone in the know.

With the BeoSound 4 having a multiline display,  I know it will display track information from BeoPort, but is it just file name information or will it read the MP3 tag information?  How easy is it to navigate N.Music and N.Radio with the display on the BeoSound 4?

I have just bought a Roku Soundbridge for £130 and find that a doddle to navigate,  so that is now my comparison.

Greg

• 05-18-2007 4:44 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 4 Display - BeoPort

Not sure about PC use, but with BM-Link and a Mac, you get all the information and you can browse by either artist, album, genre or playlist. Relatively easy though does get trickier when you have a lot of music on the computer. I tend to find the music on the computer and then select in the room I want or set up specific play lists in iTunes.
  • 05-18-2007 5:07 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

That's how I used to work,  but I now have an old PC in the loft with BeoPort on so not just as easy.  With the solutions available from other vendors this is where I see B&O really lagging behind,  why should I have to go to my PC to select a tune.

I am having a proper look at the BeoSound 4 and BeoMedia this weekend.  Hopefully I'll have an answer then.

Greg

• 05-18-2007 5:33 AM In reply to

Will be interested to hear how you get on. If you can get a copy of the user manual, I would be grateful for a copy! Not able to download it from  official B&O site for some reason
  • 05-18-2007 5:35 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

You will get all information from PC or Mac to BS4 display. It will work perfect!

If you use a PC with beoport, when you press the colours bottom you will can hear "album",... and also you will get the CD, Radio, A.mem sources from BS4 to beolabs connected to beoport. This ultimate option is not possible with mac-beoport, only pc.

Luis

• 05-18-2007 8:04 AM In reply to

I have a Mac and BS4. If I connect these two with Beoport, I know I'll be able to control the music in iTnus by the BS4. But will iTunes then be able to stream the music to AirPortExpress stations in my "poor man's link system"? Or will the BS4 in this scenario act as some sort of a master, preventing the multi - room streaming of iTunes?
  • 05-18-2007 8:31 AM In reply to

Just a question, the only thing needed is 2 beoports, 1 connected to the pc and another to the BS4 ?

Does it fully controlls iTunes? i.e. Playlists, music files

TIA.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-18-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

I have BC2 in livingroom and beoport-PC in office. Also I have connected Airport Express to Aux socket of BC2. I have a macbook, too.

You can use airport express to connect beolabs, but you can't control it. I use airport express when PC is turn off, so I can hear music from iTunes (macbook) in livingroom and bedroom throught BV1, pressing A.aux. Also it allows hear different music in different place: n.music (beoport-pc) in office and iTunes in bedroom.

I tried beoport-mac and it's a good option. With the update bm-link 1.5 you can control Frontrow with Beo4. But with beoport-pc you have more possibilities: hear,see and control cd, dvd, v.tape, radio, dtv from master room, and send n.music and n.radio.

With mac-beoport you can't see DTV, V.tape... also send n.music and n.radio. Frontrow is only available throught of IR-eye connected to beoport, so you can't control frontrow in others rooms.

So, at the moment, I prefer beoport with pc. When Frontrow can be controlled in others rooms (throught IR of BV) I will change my opinion.

Luis

• 05-18-2007 12:18 PM In reply to

• stevo4
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

I'm presently using a BS4 with an airport express and my laptop with Itunes. I don't have Beoport yet. The system works fine except for some reason, Itunes loses connectivity with the airport express every 15 songs or so and i have to shut down and restart Itunes about 3 times before it re-recogonizes the airport express. Kind of annoying. I have changed the channel on my ISP's wireless modem/router but i still lose the connection. And the green light never changes to orange/yellow on the express when i lose connection. Very strange. Anyone else ever experience this?

stevo

• 05-18-2007 1:19 PM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

It's very estrange.

Only When I open the widgets, iTunes stop for 3-5 secons.

Have you tried turning the router off? Airport Express must change to orange when the router is off.

Luis

• 05-18-2007 1:56 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

sinuhe:
    I have a Mac and BS4. If I connect these two with Beoport, I know I'll be able to control the music in iTnus by the BS4. But will iTunes then be able to stream the music to AirPortExpress stations in my "poor man's link system"? Or will the BS4 in this scenario act as some sort of a master, preventing the multi - room streaming of iTunes?

BeoPort is simply getting the audio from the computer's audio output so if you have iTunes configured to send audtio to both the computer and your AE (older versions of iTunes could not do this, don't recall which version this was added - I'm thinking ~6.x) then this should work fine.

Stan

• 05-18-2007 2:38 PM In reply to

Stan,

Thank you!

All I want at the moment.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)