in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-28-2007 2:36 PM by Jandyt. 49 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (50 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-17-2007 5:29 PM

Gift [G] Prize Quiz!!

Locked Contact

The Beoworld Quiz

This is a small quiz that will run over the next two weeks, It takes the form of a paper chase. You will find one clue below which is a cryptic clue relating to a B&O product with an entry in the Reference section.

Your job is to find the product referred to in the clue. At the bottom of the product description, in the Author's notes, you will find another clue relating to another product.

Make a note of each product and keep following the clues.There are 15 questions.The last question is not about a product but is a tiebreaker question. The winner will receive a copy of the Spark to Icon book and some Beoworld goodies. The winner will be announced in June. Anyone can enter - guests as well!

Please send your answers to Peter by PM along with your answer to the tiebreaker.

These clues are the product of a warped mind! But all the clues are in the Product pages so search the Author’s quotes if you get stuck! You do need all the products referred to though! Apologies to non English speakers as I realise some clues are distinctly cryptic. I could be persuaded to give clues , but I am sure you will not need any!
    Best of luck!

Q.1 Sometimes a car, sometimes not, but either way available with the sound you love! The place to start!

• 05-17-2007 5:40 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Prize Quiz!!

Cool one! This might take me some time.

I was just about to open a new topic, but now I will do it here: Congrats Peter, Beoworld.org is aged one month and you already have 1.000 posts!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-17-2007 5:43 PM In reply to

I did have quite a head start as I have been on the site since February!! Best of luck in the quiz. I will be very annoyed if anyone finishes this tonight!Laughing
  • 05-17-2007 5:47 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    I did have quite a head start as I have been on the site since February!! Best of luck in the quiz. I will be very annoyed if anyone finishes this tonight!Laughing

Q3 so far, but it is quite difficult as non-native english-speaker. I'll do my best...

• 05-17-2007 6:06 PM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Fantastic idea and great fun!

It may be worth giving a hyper-link to straight to the reference section... 

• 05-17-2007 6:06 PM In reply to

edited! doh just re read the post!
  • 05-17-2007 6:36 PM In reply to

van:

Fantastic idea and great fun!

It may be worth giving a hyper-link to straight to the reference section... 

Done! Also posted a link to here on the official site!!

• 05-17-2007 6:50 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Peter, you have a PM

• 05-18-2007 1:50 AM In reply to

Tom brings up the point that one can find the clues simply by scrolling down all the product descriptions. This is true - but not a problem! One has to find all the clues to be allowed to enter the quiz tie breaker and some of the clues are difficult so it allows those who are stuck to continue! I do actually point out that this is possible above!Laughing
  • 05-18-2007 6:12 AM In reply to

Thanks - Nice little game to spend some time. One last question though: After reading the last question am i assuming correctly, that q.1 - q.14 are only the path and q.15 is the most important (i.e. there is no such thing as a "prize draw" and the best answer to q.15 makes the winner)?beoberlin
  • 05-18-2007 6:33 AM In reply to

You have to have listed all the other answers so you can't just find Q.15.

It is not a draw - more a bit of fun and designed to encourage use of the reference site and to see how easy it is to find products. Did you get all the answers or did you simply search the author's notes?  If you got all the clues, I am frightfully impressed1 Lee wanted me to change some so that they would be easier as he didn't think anyone would get them!

We will give a rough indication of the number of hits before I announce the winner - say the results of the week before.

• 05-18-2007 7:23 AM In reply to

Peter:
    Did you get all the answers or did you simply search the author's notes?
    ehm...not exactly...by chance i stumbled from q.1 directly to q.14 as i had a different image of the -in my opinion- mentioned product in mind. After this the answer to q.14 was easy, bringing me straight to q.15. So i´m afraid i´m not that kind of "frightening" expert. Didn´t give q.1 another chance since then, as i got work to do...earning money for new toys.beoberlin
  • 05-18-2007 7:52 AM In reply to

That makes me feel better! Still waiting for someone to find them all! Laughing
  • 05-18-2007 9:06 AM In reply to

Hi Peter,

You have a PM Big Smile

• 05-18-2007 9:31 AM In reply to

One successfully completed reply! So it can be done! Let's have some more! Well worth it - the Spark to Icon book is superb.
  • 05-18-2007 11:14 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Peter:
    One successfully completed reply! So it can be done! Let's have some more! Well worth it - the Spark to Icon book is superb.

Two... Wink

You've got another PM. 

• 05-18-2007 1:52 PM In reply to

Haha, I really liked the first question. Will continue now Smile
  • 05-18-2007 1:53 PM In reply to

Stuck on 2 Sad lol.
  • 05-18-2007 2:48 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Well I've got to question 15 - unfortunately it is by default and there are a few answers missing between there & question 3Tongue Tied

It is a good excercise in site navigation though and impresses just how good a reference site Beoworld isBig SmileYes

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-18-2007 2:50 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

meandmyshadow:

Hi Peter,

You have a PM Big Smile

Shouldn't you be working?LaughingLaughing

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-18-2007 3:02 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Some folk obviously have far too much time on their handsIdea

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-18-2007 3:18 PM In reply to

Well, I have answered 1-4 and then 15-9!!!!!!!!

Nearly there! and another who has stumbled onto other questions by luck or accident! 

• 05-18-2007 7:51 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I can't find the answer to Q13! and Q15 of course...

• 05-18-2007 7:55 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I think this is brilliant !   Makes people use the site, and realise there is more to it than a forum!!

Lee

Big Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-18-2007 8:01 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

I think this is brilliant !   Makes people use the site, and realise there is more to it than a forum!!

Lee

Big Smile 

Does it make beoworld climb the google rankings, because it sure provides a lot of clicks to the site?!

By the way, do you know a norvegian involved with B&O, Lee??? Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (50 items) 1 2 Next >