in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-14-2008 6:53 PM by Calvin. 40 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-13-2008 2:56 PM In reply to

Re: Wow, Damage!!

PhilLondon:
    Funny now his story is different...

Yep, maybe getting edgy ?

• 11-13-2008 7:48 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Removed from sale now.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-13-2008 8:22 PM In reply to

• Dking63
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-09-2008
    • York, PA USA
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

As Sargent Schultz would say, " I see nothing, I see nothing."
  • 11-14-2008 1:44 AM In reply to

So we where probably right about them...

Why remove them from sale otherwise?

If I was selling 100% legal Beolab's I wouldn't give a damn about some forum speculations. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-14-2008 5:23 AM In reply to

My email was also unanswered....

Walk away... walk away.....  

• 11-14-2008 7:18 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

caraudiocentre:
    why are some people so jealose just because they havent got any of these speakers its the ones that point the finger thats normaly the bad ones ive brought these speakers off ebay and left a deposite so why dont you tell your bull to some one that kears maybe one day you lot mite have a pair
    Enjoy your purchase!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-14-2008 7:48 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

We're not jealous, we're simply saying that these look dodgier than an MP on Hampstead Heath at 2am.

If you've purchased them, enjoy - I hope for your sake that they aren't PIN coded, as you won't be able to get it out of anyone at Bang & Olufsen.....

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently purchased a destroyed pair of BeoLab 5 speakers from a seller on eBay who had no documentation, no reciept, wouldn't let me view and a careless friend who dropped the speakers.

He also did not have the PIN code. Could I have it please?

Yours,

A.N. Idiot"

................................................................................................................................................

Dear Mr. Idiot,

No.

Best Regards,

B&O Security

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 11-14-2008 8:01 AM In reply to

Hi:

I think that this is dodgy too but surely if they were stolen the damage would be an unrelated issue? What I mean is lets say I break into your house in an effort to steal a pair of these (I know nothing about stealing, this is  just a guess as to what a burglar would do) I would try to be as quiet as possible so as not to alert you to my presence, or anyone in the vicinity of your house. If the damage was done whilst stealing, it would seem as if the person doing so made as much noise as humanly possible - hurling the speakers along the floor like in a game of...hurling, and then for good measure in an effort to convey the speakers into the boot of his car, hit them with the brushes.

Could these not have been damaged in storage? I have worked for storage companies before and have seen how careless people can be with other people's belongings. Careless, not malicious - as would appear to be the case here.

Thanks

Graham

• 11-14-2008 8:02 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

A14BEO:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently purchased a destroyed pair of BeoLab 5 speakers from a seller on eBay who had no documentation, no reciept, wouldn't let me view and a careless friend who dropped the speakers.

Yours,

A.N. Idiot"

................................................................................................................................................

Dear Mr. Idiot,

No.

Best Regards,

B&O Security

Big Smile

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 11-14-2008 10:29 AM In reply to

A14BEO:

We're not jealous, we're simply saying that these look dodgier than an MP on Hampstead Heath at 2am.

If you've purchased them, enjoy - I hope for your sake that they aren't PIN coded, as you won't be able to get it out of anyone at Bang & Olufsen.....

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours,

A.N. Idiot"

Dear Mr. Idiot,

No.

Best Regards,

B&O Security

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-14-2008 12:44 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

caraudiocentre:
    why are some people so jealose just because they havent got any of these speakers its the ones that point the finger thats normaly the bad ones ive brought these speakers off ebay and left a deposite so why dont you tell your bull to some one that kears maybe one day you lot mite have a pair

So in the end the seller has done a deal outside of Ebay. Mmm not suspicious at all then.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-14-2008 12:48 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

A14BEO:

we're simply saying that these look dodgier than an MP on Hampstead Heath at 2am.

Brilliant Matt.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-14-2008 1:55 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Graham1982:

...If the damage was done whilst stealing, it would seem as if the person doing so made as much noise as humanly possible...

I'm sure I could make quite a bit more noise armed with a pair of BeoLab 5s and a CD of white noise...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-14-2008 2:13 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Thumbs Up 

Nice one Matt!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-14-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Craig:
    A14BEO:

we're simply saying that these look dodgier than an MP on Hampstead Heath at 2am.

Brilliant Matt.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

Dodgier than that MP? May not be dodgy at all  Laughing

• 11-14-2008 6:53 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

If I had to make those marks, the only way I could imagine would be with a hammer and a chisell

I also would never buy anything that much on eBay unless it way pay on delivery.  eBay's for selling old and or cheaper systems, not BL5's 

Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2