in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-14-2008 7:39 AM by V13WNG. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2008 3:49 PM

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

How about this????

Since my cynical view of the BS5 has led me to this initial conclusion (which I hope is wrong): the only "new" innovation is MOTS... how about B&O licensing MOTS to software developers as a plug in for other music players??? (apologies if this has already been suggested) I know I'd like to experience MOTS at home without the $5000+ price point. I am sure that it's a fairly complex piece of software which isn't hardware dependent, and if it is, another revenue stream for B&O which can launch them in a direction of working WITH other companies as an "add on." I always say, if it is good, people will pay the price. The BS5 as has been said in another thread is a pretty face for accessing music. It's bread and butter differentiating factor, MOTS better be worth the price premium. -Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 11-12-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

Re: How about this????

Actually, I think B&O have a license, all be it a monopoly one, for MOTS.....

And I believe MOTS is the unique selling feature really. 

• 11-12-2008 4:18 PM In reply to

I have to admit MOTS being the feature I´m least interested in. I use iTunes8 on a regular and don´t know what to do with the similar genius. To me it´s just like the "random" function on the first cd players (I know, I know, MOTS is much much more advanced...). It´s nice to have, but you use it a couple of times for the first days or weeks and then rapidly forget about it.

Regards, beoberlin 

• 11-12-2008 5:03 PM In reply to

You will forget about it as it fact it seems to work automatically... The Beosound 5 has a play queue... you do not choose the next song and then it plays now, but you place it in the queue... when there is nothing left in the queue it plays... more of the same!

That is how I understand that the BS5 will operate.

• 11-12-2008 10:21 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Without any personal hands on I can only compare MOTS to my Tivo finding shows to record based on the shows I chose to watch.  After about two weeks of suggestions that I really hated and filled my hard disk up all the time, I had to turn off this feature to keep from throwing my Tivo off a cliff.  
  • 11-13-2008 8:47 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

expoman:
    Without any personal hands on I can only compare MOTS to my Tivo finding shows to record based on the shows I chose to watch.  After about two weeks of suggestions that I really hated and filled my hard disk up all the time, I had to turn off this feature to keep from throwing my Tivo off a cliff.  
    I can totally relate to the experience you had with TiVO suggestions... too much crap to sort through. I turn it off, and enjoy television on my own terms. I wonder if the MOTS "engine" on the BS5 analyzes files as they're uploaded to the beomaster, during playback as well as it looks at the kinds of music the user plays as the files are requested? I also wonder if it is capable of creating MOTS profiles for different users in the family?
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 11-14-2008 7:39 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

MOTS is always active, so no matter who is using the BeoSound 5, it will continue to find similar tracks to stream.

So, if Dad pops down and puts AC/DC on first thing in the morning before work, it will continue to find rock tracks until a child interrupts it, and plays some Spice Girls. MOTS then forgets the rock, and starts concentrating on pop tracks instead.

The user can interrupt MOTS at anytime, or just leave it to get on with things itself. However, the feature cannot be switched off - it's what the system is based around!

Muchos Gracias Cool

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)