in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-12-2008 4:09 AM by tournedos. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2008 3:53 AM

Speakers and foam surrounds to Penta I

Hallo!

I have a pair of Penta I who needs up-tuning on the speakers.Sad

First of all, is their anyone out in the forum that maybe have some midrange speakers to Penta lying arround and also maybe some woofers Smile

Second......I need to re-foam 4 mid-range speakers that still works.....anyone with recomendations about a good suplier of foams. See that "good hi-fi" has some 3" foams for Penta on sale.....are thay any good and have anyone re-foamed this mid-range and got a good result Hmm

I have heard that B&O still has these in stock and maybe this is better than re-foaming or getting hold of old speakers??

• 11-12-2008 4:09 AM In reply to

Re: Speakers and foam surrounds to Penta I

I have heard only positive things about Good Hifi. The midranges should be still available from B&O and not too expensive (I remember seeing £25 mentioned?), but getting eight of them will still cost a lot of money. I would try refoaming first - these small drivers can't be too difficult - and only get new ones if some of them go wrong... you'll be a pro at that job when all of them are done Laughing

I wouldn't get "new" old drivers - they will all fail anyway at some time and then you'll need to refoam them as well.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)