in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-14-2008 7:40 AM by V13WNG. 74 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2008 8:40 PM In reply to

Re: BEOSOUND 5 - LAUNCH

A nice YouTube link of the BS5 working.
    10%
  • 11-11-2008 8:51 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I was talking to the guy from 'Stuff' today who uploaded that! - Okay, next launch - we take a film crew!! Laughing

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-12-2008 2:13 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

9 LEE:

Okay, next launch - we take a film crew!! Laughing

Beoworld-TV... LIVE from B&O store!

Laughing 

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 11-12-2008 3:54 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

• 11-12-2008 3:56 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

• 11-12-2008 3:58 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

• 11-12-2008 4:07 AM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 85
    • Founder

How is it to remote control this device ?   Any surprises on Beo5 ?

Br

Thomas

7-40 Mk3, Beo5/Beo4, Avant32DVD, BS3K, PentaIII, BL4K, BL Active w/BL2500, Avant28CTV,Beoport, AppleTV, 2xBC6K

• 11-12-2008 4:13 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Thomas:

Br

Thomas

Good question, does the wheel on beo5 control anything else than the volumen? How is the coloured buttons on beo4 integreted in the use of the beosound 5?

I hope to find out more tonight, perhaps Christian and I should bring a beo4/beo5 to the operahouse...

best regards

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 11-12-2008 4:18 AM In reply to

How does it operate from the TV screen a la BM1? How does it operate from link rooms?
  • 11-12-2008 4:19 AM In reply to

It is all very nice... but it feels like being back to 1979 when I had to stand up to reach the TV to change channels!
  • 11-12-2008 4:20 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Thomas:

Br

Thomas

Image below shows a bit of information regarding the use of a Beo5  (scroll to the right)

• 11-12-2008 4:23 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

PhilLondon:
    How does it operate from the TV screen a la BM1? How does it operate from link rooms?

Keith has made a FAQ which covers several of these questions.

• 11-12-2008 4:32 AM In reply to

• classic
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Venø - Struer / Denmark
    • Posts 224
    • Founder

I been reding the remarks with great interest. The reason ..... ?

If a new B&O product is released and you find a lot of remarks highly positive and also a number of remarks really negative (like for this new product) --- this means this is going to be a real B&O winner and I think also - a classic.

Looking at earlier releases this has never failed !

I really like the new design and wish I could own one ---- NOW.

/Frede

Beolab 5000 -  "If another amplifier sounds different then it needs repair!"

Filed under:
  • 11-12-2008 5:20 AM In reply to

Ignace:

PhilLondon:

Keith has made a FAQ which covers several of these questions.

Another question that if answered could be added to the FAQ:

Can I have the Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 and another Audiomaster in the same room and the same Masterlink setup.

Does the AudioMaster need to be N.MUSIC compatible?

What setting needs to be applied in order to get this working?

• 11-12-2008 5:23 AM In reply to

The link to the video is a huge help understanding BS5, and yes, you can see the "appeal" on the UI.

That said... the screen is totally wrong, the size should be in relation to the size of the aluminium circle and should have almost appeared to look part of the circle, not an afterthought.  The screen just looks like it has been stuck on the side despite the deisgners ramblings on symmetry etc.

BUt as Frede as said, the design has provoked conversation and a clear divide which to me is what B&O has always been about. 

• 11-12-2008 5:37 AM In reply to

Thanks for the brillant report. If still possible I have some questions:

TripEnglish wrote in another thread that bm5 acts as standard NAS. If so, why do I need the special beoconnect software? If it would be a standard LAN-accessible NAS (what I´m hoping for) I wouldn´t need to maintain 2 music libraries (1 on bm5 and 1 on my pc), I could simply define the path to the bm5 in iTunes as my single library. If not, how do I backup the content in bm5?

I somewhat understand (but do not like) the exclusion of all physical data mediums like cd. I could still use my pc to rip content before playing it on bs5. But I´m will only buy, if I can use bs/bm5 as a stand alone system. So why on earth did they even eliminate analogue radio? I´m not willing to always listen to N.RADIO. Is it possible to incorporate a analogue radio tuner card into bm5, maybe at a later date? This can´t be too hard.

Is timer programming like with any other bs possible (clock-radio-use")?

Kind regards, beoberlin 

• 11-12-2008 5:51 AM In reply to

Regarding the radio, it was said that 8000 radios where available, so it might be that most of the analog the radios you are listening to are available on the net as well.

Regarding CDs... If you have a DVD player you can use it to play CDs that you have not ripped.

If you have Cable TV or DVB-T, there are a lot of local radio available through that media as well.

And finally, I think the BS5 is best when combine with another "analog" Audiomaster. I would find it wierd having a Beo5 where all the physical Audio source button are not active!

• 11-12-2008 6:00 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Official presentation on the BeoSound 5 website in about an hour Smile 

• 11-12-2008 6:50 AM In reply to

Ignace:

Official presentation on the BeoSound 5 website in about an hour Smile 

Get the text, 10 minutes in advance: http://www.beosound5.com/Services/content/en.xml
  • 11-12-2008 7:03 AM In reply to

Website is running slow!
  • 11-12-2008 7:03 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:
    Regarding the radio, it was said that 8000 radios where available, so it might be that most of the analog the radios you are listening to are available on the net as well.

Regarding CDs... If you have a DVD player you can use it to play CDs that you have not ripped.

If you have Cable TV or DVB-T, there are a lot of local radio available through that media as well.

And finally, I think the BS5 is best when combine with another "analog" Audiomaster. I would find it wierd having a Beo5 where all the physical Audio source button are not active!

Radio - Call me old-fashioned, but I´m not a big fan of an always-on inet connection, especially not with wifi. If I´m not surfing or downloading my modem and wlan is off. Futhermore with co2-crisis and rising costs for energy in mind I try to shut down most of my stuff if not needed. I even switch off the b&o gear if not in use. It´s not about the money, it´s about attitude to this things. And radio is "just in the air".

CD - accepted.

DVB-t - Don´t you dare to talk about DVB-t in association with the Danes. How does bv8 in this terms by the way...

Additional analogue audiomaster - I absolutely disagree on this. Like I already wrote in another thread: B&O always was about integration. They even advertise bs5 "bringing together the past and the future". I can´t see this in this conept. It´s just about digital media, the future and not about the past. No cd, no analogue radio, no dab, no nothing. To listen to these types I need an additional bs. I don´t like this idea, especially since imho it could get a little crowded in one´s living room with over present B&O products. Sorry, this time it´s not for me.

Regards, beoberlin 

• 11-12-2008 7:26 AM In reply to

I got a DVB-T tuner installed in my BV7... and the picture is much better than what I get from SKY! Happy with the radios too. I agree that it should have been on standard on all B&O TVs for years...

Regarding the (electrical) cost of leaving your installation on... well B&O has for years implemented a dual power supply in all their appliances, and therefore use a tiny amount of electricity when on standby. Nothing to worry about in term of cost and CO2. I cannot say the same for your wifi base station and any non B&O devices.

Regarding the cost of electricity... well if one can afford a BM5/BS5 combo, well, I am not sure they care about a 2 pounds difference on their electricity bill anyway!!!

I also agree that it would make perfect sense to have an all in one system. Slide a CD (or a DVD) behing that screen, and also be able to listen to analog radios would be great. Also it would make sense to be able to rip CDs without having to rely on a computer.
    But they would actually sell less as many people would not like to get rid of their existing Beosound, and would not buy the new kit because they would like to keep their nice Beosound 9000 in their living room.

It would be good if they had 2 versions. One with CD and Radio and one without, like they have the BC2 Audio only.

• 11-12-2008 7:28 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

beoberlin:
    PhilLondon:

Radio - Call me old-fashioned, but I´m not a big fan of an always-on inet connection, especially not with wifi. If I´m not surfing or downloading my modem and wlan is off. Futhermore with co2-crisis and rising costs for energy in mind I try to shut down most of my stuff if not needed. I even switch off the b&o gear if not in use. It´s not about the money, it´s about attitude to this things. And radio is "just in the air".

CD - accepted.

DVB-t - Don´t you dare to talk about DVB-t in association with the Danes. How does bv8 in this terms by the way...

Additional analogue audiomaster - I absolutely disagree on this. Like I already wrote in another thread: B&O always was about integration. They even advertise bs5 "bringing together the past and the future". I can´t see this in this conept. It´s just about digital media, the future and not about the past. No cd, no analogue radio, no dab, no nothing. To listen to these types I need an additional bs. I don´t like this idea, especially since imho it could get a little crowded in one´s living room with over present B&O products. Sorry, this time it´s not for me.

Regards, beoberlin 

We really need to wait and see just what the BS/BM5 really offers when its launched. I think the acid test is not who buys one now, it's who still has one and who is buying 3 - 5 years later.

There was an awful lot of interest in the Serene and Serenata when they were lauched, Lee went to a product launch and a sample was reviewed by Beoworld members. The Serene had some really staunch defenders (I imagine there may still a few) - it would be interesting to know how many that bought it on release still have and use it today. I certainly don't think it will be top of anyone's Christmas list this year!

I really hope the BS5 is more than a "must have 'coz it's new"-type product.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-12-2008 7:51 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I'm blown away by the design and can't wait to see it... ohhh but it's not fair, i don't want to spend anymore money on B&o!!!

Cheers for the launch thread!! Big Smile 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-12-2008 8:38 AM In reply to

looks nice , but no video support and only a 500 gb hd ?

i'll stick with my apple set up , ta

3 tb's and a two way remote for half the price 

popgear is grate™

Page 2 of 3 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >