in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2008 3:56 PM by KingOfSnake. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2008 2:12 AM

Connecting PC to BeoVision 7 32" - help needed

I want to connect my laptop IBM R40 to BeoVision 7 32" type 9311. My TV has a HDTV module with DVI-I input.

I have connected PC VGA output to DVI-I input of my BV7 and phones output with two cinch (RCA) audio inputs on my TV. I get sound but no picture. I have registrated PC in connections (AV4 menu) and audio. I have also added PC function on Beo4. When I press PC I only get sound no picture, and I can also not get the HDTV setup as described in the user guide (see picture).

Can somebody tell me waht could be wrong here? Are there different DVI cables, could this be wrong?

• 11-10-2008 2:33 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting PC to BeoVision 7 32" - help needed

I have checked DVI connector on BV7 but it seems to me that it is no DVI-I, can it be another type DVI-D?
  • 11-10-2008 2:51 AM In reply to

Seems to me that the connections are all perfect - not familiar with your laptop, but have you set the internal sw to VGA out?
  • 11-10-2008 3:05 AM In reply to

What do you mean with set internal sw to VGA out, should this be done on PC? wHICH MENU IS THIS?
  • 11-10-2008 5:32 AM In reply to

With my laptop I have to go into the display settings and select that I wish to use VGA out - this turns the laptop screen off and outputs to an external monitor.  I am sorry I do not know which OS and which application your IBM laptop uses, it seems that the connections are correct, you have to enable the VGA out on your laptop.
  • 11-10-2008 5:51 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Most laptops don't keep the VGA out on by default. You have to enable it. Usually there is some keyboard shortcut to do it, like FN + F8. The FN is the laptops own function key between CTRL and ALT buttons on the left bottom corner of the keyboard and the F8 or other key for this is usually marked with CRT/LCD to inidicate it switches between "internal screen only", "external screen only" and "both screens". 

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 11-10-2008 6:28 AM In reply to

Thank you vey much for the info as I am at work at the moment I will try to do this when I am back home, I think this could be the reason for PC not working on TV as all the connections should be done right.
  • 11-10-2008 3:56 PM In reply to

Please advise if this works things for you - f8 on my Dell is indeed labelled CRT/LCD - so you hit Fn (Function) and then F8
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)