in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-08-2008 8:37 AM by Justin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2008 10:38 AM

What DTV boxes does a BV3 typically control in the UK?

I have recently moved to a new flat and taken my BV3 and Sky+ box (connected by STB).

The new flat is in a block with a communal Sky dish, but only one Sky socket in each flat. Without being connected to two sockets, the recording is a bit hit and miss (and can't record and watch another prog) at same time. Recording when TV is not actually switched on for some reason also seems to fail.

The guy installing (an ex B&O dealer) said this is all due to the lack of two signals.

So I'm wondering, are there any other (maybe freeview) boxes you can recommend that can record onto a hard drive, that you know the STB controller with the IR wire eye is likely to work reliably with, and I may well ditch Sky for it.

Cheers in advance for any thoughts

Justin

• 11-07-2008 1:41 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: What DTV boxes does a BV3 typically control in the UK?

Justin, if yougo into the menu. There will be a list of STB's that the BV3 can control. Some may be a bit out of date by now though.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-07-2008 4:19 PM In reply to

The Toppy 5800 PVR is the most popular choice, needs the latest STB SW installed.  Like SKY+ but with Freeview - 250gb hard drive and PC card viewer - the ones on EBAY are grey imports and not covered by warranty.
  • 11-07-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

Toppy 5800 PVR - Like SKY+ but with Freeview - 250gb hard drive and PC card viewer - the ones on EBAY are grey imports and not covered by warranty.
  • 11-08-2008 8:37 AM In reply to

Many thanks - I've asked my dealer, and a guy who does install and they both mentioned topfield, so will go with that, and get a new STB software chip into the BV3, many thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)