in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-02-2008 12:10 PM by drevil2k2. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-06-2008 3:58 AM

Beolab 4 PC

Hello everyone ;)

I'm looking for good quality speakers  for a "desk" setup in my bedroom to listen to music played from my MacBook or iPhone. The Beolab 4 PC obviously come up as potential candidates... I have not had a chance to listen to them in the right setup and am a little concerned that these speakers fall somewhat short of the positive expectations I may have; its obvious we are not dealing with a Beolab3 level product ?!

I would appreciate any feedback and opinions on these speakers. Are they worth looking at? How do they compare to alternative products?

If anyone had a chance to compare them to a product like the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin that would be great... (I don't care for the iPod dock, but the sound is pretty good for such a one piece setup)

Thanks! 

• 11-10-2008 4:47 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beolab 4 PC

BeoLab 3s are quite a huge step up from BeoLab 4s in almost every sense. As far as the Zeppelin goes, it'll produce more bass, but the high end and midrange especially is not as good as the BeoLab 4s. What kind of music do you listen to, and how large is the room?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-10-2008 6:01 PM In reply to

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply. 

The room is relatively small, about 16sqm and I'm listening varied kinds of music but mainly to classical (a lot of piano works), also jazz and some pop.

• 11-13-2008 5:41 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

For that size room, BeoLab 4s will do fine! I would however have a listen to different speakers. BeoLab 4000s are quite a huge step up, which IMO isn't quite reflected in the price difference! Both are still stunning speakers...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-13-2008 5:48 PM In reply to

You must listen! I would strongly suggest a pair of Beolab 4000s would fit the bill and would get a second hand pair which seem to review better than the new ICE ones. Also save you some money so you can get more music!! Laughing
  • 12-02-2008 12:10 PM In reply to

I have a pair of Beolab 4 PC hooked up to my PC, the sound is very nice for PC speakers. However, they are not magnetically shielded. So my iphone buzzes every so often

The BL4000s are shielded and would be an excellent addition to your set up, and you can use the speakers in the future for another function.

The zeppelin sounds great, but you have to audition the various speakers. Bring you iphone with you to hook up, because you might have a different compression rate than at the store. Price wise, the B&W is the most affordable, but for value, personally, I should have invested in a used pair of 4000s.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)