in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2007 2:22 PM by Peter. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2007 4:53 PM

MCL?

I won a auction of a "bundle of B&O-stuff" wich I thru image thought was a MCL X-tra Speaker Kit since the things really looked as this:

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=974

However when opening the box I saw that the IR-reciver didnt have the "Mute" or "Timer" text but did otherwise look the same. Opon reading the manual i got more and more sure that this was "wrong", since the manual said "Installation of IR Code Converter" and when i read thru the manual i get the idea that this is more a way to use a Beolink 1000 on older B&O machines (like BC7000/7002/7007/7700 and BM5000/6000/8000). Now for the burning question, can i use this "thing" to controll my BM5500 from a diffrent room with a 2nd pair of speakers? like i have understood a MCL2 is able? 

Im i correct into thinking my box "only" makes you use a standard Beolink 1000 to controll your "older" system?

Cheers

MoglesMac

• 05-16-2007 5:03 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: MCL?

When they say "seamless integration" they mean if they install it for youWink

Sorry I can't help you with your specific enquiry (there are loads of others here who can) but I always find it suprising how many "glue boxes" or converters you need to make the various generations work in harmony.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-16-2007 5:07 PM In reply to

It is no good with your 5500 as that already uses Beolink 1000 code but does do exactly what you think! I don't suppose you could do me a scan of the manual?! Or I'll swap you an Xtra-Speaker kit for it. I am sure I have a spare one somewhere!
  • 05-16-2007 6:15 PM In reply to

Sure i would be intrested in swaping even the whole box (including a nice manual with a "blueprint of circutboard" in A3) for a Xtra speaker kit. You can give me a message here or PM if you find one extra of yours. Even if you arent able to find one i could look into scanning it but since dont have a A3-scanner that page would be splitted in A4.

However it would be supergreat if you had a extra Xtra-speaker kit as spare :)

MoglesMac
    Sweden

• 05-17-2007 1:47 AM In reply to

I am sure I can find one - it may not be boxed but it will work! On call today but will have a search on Friday! I think it has a reasonable stretch of MCL cable!
  • 05-17-2007 1:32 PM In reply to

Oh hehe it doesnt have to be boxed since i plan to use it, as long it works and it has the controlbox, IR-sensor and the nessesary cables i will be happy, in case the MCL-cable will be to short i will just try get hold of a longer one, no probs. 

I will be happy to send you my stuff in trade for the things i really wanted when i bought this :)

MoglesMac
    Sweden

• 05-17-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

Am about to venture into the loft!!

LOL

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)